Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Urban Meyer train rolls on. Shad on Meyer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can't believe urban is fighting for any of his contract. 

https://youtu.be/W3cYmXTNxB0
i believe i have figured out what Balkiee has on Shad. Shad is so gratefull that he backstab urbs and leaked all that stuff that he is giving him another year no matter how bad we want him fired.
(05-03-2022, 07:50 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]i believe i have figured out what Balkiee has on Shad. Shad is so gratefull that he backstab urbs and leaked all that stuff that he is giving him another year no matter how bad we want him fired.

Khan has a good case. If it were just about winning, Bradley and Marrone would have been gone long before they were.
Urban shouldn't get another dime.
Shad has deep pockets and has dug his heels in. It is a matter of principle to him.
I love that Shad came out with a quote.  And I love it more that he is refusing to the pay the pile of human garbage that is Urban Meyer.  

That's our owner!
(05-03-2022, 10:18 PM)I am Yoda Wrote: [ -> ]I love that Shad came out with a quote.  And I love it more that he is refusing to the pay the pile of human garbage that is Urban Meyer.  

That's our owner!

Wanted the best for Urbs and i was on record defending him at times.... but it was clearly evident that he was an absolute train wreck and likely goes down as the worst coach in NFL history. i doubt i see anything quite like that S-Show ever again.
Shad has to say it wasn't about wins and losses. If he said it was, then he'd have to pay out the rest of the contract.
(05-03-2022, 09:25 PM)Portofino43 Wrote: [ -> ]Urban shouldn't get another dime.
Your feelings don't matter when the contract defines the terms. It's fully guaranteed so unless there is cause, they have to pay him. Generally coaches settle for some amount but Meyer isn't coaching again so he has no reason to settle.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(05-03-2022, 07:44 PM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I can't believe urban is fighting for any of his contract. 

https://youtu.be/W3cYmXTNxB0

Why? Seems perfectly in line with what we saw from him here, a shameless money grab.
(05-04-2022, 12:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Shad has to say it wasn't about wins and losses.  If he said it was, then he'd have to pay out the rest of the contract.

He's just telling the truth, we know he's patient with loser coaches. Urban isn't just a loser, he's a horrible person.
Once a turd always a turd.
Oh can we talk about coach urban meyer some more? Everyone loves this topic so much, and it hasn't been discussed enough yet. We should continue this over and over for few more years because beating a dead horse is the best!
(05-04-2022, 08:10 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh can we talk about coach urban meyer some more? Everyone loves this topic so much, and it hasn't been discussed enough yet. We should continue this over and over for few more years because beating a dead horse is the best!

Says the guy who just contributed to an Urban Meyer thread.  Tongue
(05-03-2022, 08:15 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2022, 07:50 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: [ -> ]i believe i have figured out what Balkiee has on Shad. Shad is so gratefull that he backstab urbs and leaked all that stuff that he is giving him another year no matter how bad we want him fired.

Khan has a good case.  If it were just about winning, Bradley and Marrone would have been gone long before they were.

I still don't understand how Fox is bringing him back, I just hope it blows up in their face. I know those sports desk jobs are hard to come by, but if I were sharing the studio with him, he wouldn't live down one moment of his tenure here.

Scene: game film of a kicker  missing his third attempt of the day
mikey: "That's rough. When that happens, the coach needs to get with his kicker, get those distracting thoughts out of his head. How would you go about uplifting your kicker's spirits in that scenario, coach?" [feces-eating grin]
"That 99 is all over the field, maybe they should focus on him, right, coach?" [bigger grin, staring down the barrel of the TV camera]

I'll agree with Khan that Urbz left him no choice but to sever ties. Hard to believe that the settlement is still under dispute, the man did not one thing to disprove incompetence or fostering a hostile work environment.
Urban and Tebow talk should be like discussing Voldemort. Just don't even say their names around here anymore because they both suck.
(05-03-2022, 09:44 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]Shad has deep pockets and has dug his heels in.  It is a matter of principle to him.

I think Khan stated it well when he said that he befriended Doug and Gus (note he didn't say a word about Mularkey) and only let them go due to record/performance.

I think he feels very betrayed by Meyer, if not duped. If there was any budding friendship when he first hired on, that withered and died in a hurry.

(05-04-2022, 12:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Shad has to say it wasn't about wins and losses.  If he said it was, then he'd have to pay out the rest of the contract.

You don't fire a guy midway into their first year solely over wins and losses.
Period.

(05-04-2022, 02:49 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-03-2022, 09:25 PM)Portofino43 Wrote: [ -> ]Urban shouldn't get another dime.
Your feelings don't matter when the contract defines the terms. It's fully guaranteed so unless there is cause, they have to pay him. Generally coaches settle for some amount but Meyer isn't coaching again so he has no reason to settle.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Thing is, there is a laundry list of cause.
And I'm quite confident that every last party who went public with their dirty laundry would be willing to provide similar statement to assist the case.
(05-04-2022, 08:10 AM)Jag88 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh can we talk about coach urban meyer some more? Everyone loves this topic so much, and it hasn't been discussed enough yet. We should continue this over and over for few more years because beating a dead horse is the best!

In order to get past PTSD sometimes you have to do some group therapy.

In all seriousness though. I am down to read any story ridiculing Meyer. It is great to see a terrible person dragged publicly.
(05-04-2022, 12:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Shad has to say it wasn't about wins and losses. If he said it was, then he'd have to pay out the rest of the contract.

Of course, and that's why he (Khan) is setting up this case that Meyer's firing was due to the morals clause because he wasn't 'truthful'. It'll be interesting to see the details come out over the next few months. Did he kick Lambo? is there video anywhere of it? Did he have permission to stay in Cincy? Did he at any point deliberately lie or misrepresent himself to the team, owner, or coaching staff? We'll see.
Pages: 1 2