Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Federal Appellate Court Allows Florida Voting Rules to Take Effect
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally, some Judges with common sense........

Federal Appellate Court Allows Florida Voting Rules to Take Effect

he U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals on Friday overturned a decision that had struck down Florida’s 2021 voting law.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/florid...6U8Zd2VjGc
Asking this as an honest question: how do people always come to the conclusion that enforcing voter ID laws negatively affects Black voters? Cause it seems to be the standard mantra for this issue. Is it too expensive to drive to the polls? Polls not open long enough? Not enough water provided while standing in line? Poll-o-phobia? i mean seriously, what is the problem? If it's because of being mired in poverty, then why isn't it an issue for poor Hispanics? Poor Whites in the Trailer parks? Poor Native Americans on the reservations? (that one I can buy). Joking aside, what is the issue?
(05-06-2022, 02:27 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Asking this as an honest question: how do people always come to the conclusion that enforcing voter ID laws negatively affects Black voters?  Cause it seems to be the standard mantra for this issue.  Is it too expensive to drive to the polls?  Polls not open long enough?  Not enough water provided while standing in line?  Poll-o-phobia?  i mean seriously, what is the problem?  If it's because of being mired in poverty, then why isn't it an issue for poor Hispanics?  Poor Whites in the Trailer parks?  Poor Native Americans on the reservations? (that one I can buy).  Joking aside, what is the issue?

It's actually a poverty issue but the 15th amendment doesn't mention poverty.  It does mention race.
Urban poor people are very likely to hold a photo ID because they have more frequent encounters with authority and a shorter distance to get to the DMV or election supervisor's office.  It's the rural poor who might have a lot of difficulty getting their stuff together to get an ID.
The liberals and progressives want more economically/financially poor people to vote.  But there's no constitutional hook for them to get a judge to enforce that.  So they have to argue it's a racial issue.
(05-06-2022, 04:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2022, 02:27 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Asking this as an honest question: how do people always come to the conclusion that enforcing voter ID laws negatively affects Black voters?  Cause it seems to be the standard mantra for this issue.  Is it too expensive to drive to the polls?  Polls not open long enough?  Not enough water provided while standing in line?  Poll-o-phobia?  i mean seriously, what is the problem?  If it's because of being mired in poverty, then why isn't it an issue for poor Hispanics?  Poor Whites in the Trailer parks?  Poor Native Americans on the reservations? (that one I can buy).  Joking aside, what is the issue?

It's actually a poverty issue but the 15th amendment doesn't mention poverty.  It does mention race.
Urban poor people are very likely to hold a photo ID because they have more frequent encounters with authority and a shorter distance to get to the DMV or election supervisor's office.  It's the rural poor who might have a lot of difficulty getting their stuff together to get an ID.
The liberals and progressives want more economically/financially poor people to vote.  But there's no constitutional hook for them to get a judge to enforce that.  So they have to argue it's a racial issue.

Okay. But I would argue that there are more poor rural White people than poor rural Black people. This would make sense, since Blacks are 13% of the population. So then if it's not about race, it's about discrimination against Whites due to poverty. I'm still not seeing their argument that this is racism against Blacks.
(05-06-2022, 05:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2022, 04:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]It's actually a poverty issue but the 15th amendment doesn't mention poverty.  It does mention race.

Okay. But I would argue that there are more poor rural White people than poor rural Black people.  This would make sense, since Blacks are 13% of the population. So then if it's not about race, it's about discrimination against Whites due to poverty.  I'm still not seeing their argument that this is racism  against Blacks.

In the south, the rural poor population is disproportionately Black, even majority Black in some parts.  There is a racial impact against Black people as a result of the rural poverty problem.
(05-06-2022, 05:01 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-06-2022, 04:38 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]It's actually a poverty issue but the 15th amendment doesn't mention poverty.  It does mention race.

Okay. But I would argue that there are more poor rural White people than poor rural Black people. This would make sense, since Blacks are 13% of the population. So then if it's not about race, it's about discrimination against Whites due to poverty. I'm still not seeing their argument that this is racism against Blacks.
It's not racism but they use that to hide the real reason. If you don't require id, you can register as many people as you want, which is why they want everyone registered by default and never clean the rolls, and then you can have people vote for the poor people who don't bother to vote.

It's all about increasing the total voter pool, keeping track of who has voted and then voting for the people who haven't voted.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
Mikey can't connect those dots.
(05-06-2022, 10:07 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Mikey can't connect those dots.

I agree with needing a photo ID to vote in person.
The left relies on 90% ish black support. No single policy of theirs has that kind of appeal. The only way to make it stick is to call everything racist. Every story will have some kind of BLACKS HARDEST HIT angles. Blacks actually support voter I'd.

Mike's just carrying water. The poor rural people he claims to be capping for need a photo ID to cash their checks and get their vaccines.
They also need it to get SNAP, Medicaid, and other social services.
I respectfully disagree. As a nation, we need to 100% agree on what a fraction of the 13% of the people in the nation need/want. [BLEEP] every one else. See how dumb that sounds?
(05-07-2022, 06:35 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]They also need it to get SNAP, Medicaid, and other social services.

Photo ID is not required for SNAP in FL.  A copy of your birth certificate also works for SNAP.  Photo ID is required for Medicaid.
(05-07-2022, 02:08 PM)jj82284 Wrote: [ -> ]The left relies on 90% ish black support.  No single policy of theirs has that kind of appeal.  The only way to make it stick is to call everything racist. Every story will have some kind of BLACKS HARDEST HIT angles.  Blacks actually support voter I'd. 

Mike's just carrying water.  The poor rural people he claims to be capping for need a photo ID to cash their checks and get their vaccines.

I'm not carrying water or capping for anyone.
I'm not a progressive.  If poor people don't want to participate by voting it's no skin off my back.