Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Threads getting locked?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Curious why some threads get locked? Like the Jag vs Greenbay thread, and various other threads? And why some threads remain open like the "Ode to lets talk about"thread? Or the One Word Thread? It has over 800 pages close it Already! Or is that a mod thing?
Dude, if they locked your favorite thread, just start another one.. Nobody will be the wiser..
Quote:Dude, if they locked your favorite thread, just start another one.. Nobody will be the wiser..

Lol and then it will get locked again??
Quote:Lol and then it will get locked again??

Just make it again.. Make sure you throw a few shady links in the header and avoid the filter a little, you'll be fine..
Quote:Curious why some threads get locked? Like the Jag vs Greenbay thread, and various other threads? And why some threads remain open like the "Ode to lets talk about"thread? Or the One Word Thread? It has over 800 pages close it Already! Or is that a mod thing?

Are you really asking why a game day thread was closed that was made two days before the actual day of the game? Don't play dumb. You aren't new around here...those have never been allowed.
Don't listen to Bunny.. She has no idea what she's talking about.

Make the thread..
If I'm locking a thread, it's typically because the opening post contains some kind of violation such as a Youtube clip of NFL action that's not from the NFL's channel. I'll also close a thread if it fails miserably.

Of course we also close the first half game day thread whenever we open a second half thread.

Quote:If I'm locking a thread, it's typically because the opening post contains some kind of violation such as a Youtube clip of NFL action that's not from the NFL's channel. I'll also close a thread if it fails miserably.

Of course we also close the first half game day thread whenever we open a second half thread.

He's just upset because someone started a game day thread LAST NIGHT and I shut it down.
I usually just roll a d20.
I will generally lock threads when I simply disagree with the thread premise or if I just think they suck to bad. For some reason they do not disappear or appear to be locked. I have been trying to get root admin to fix it but for some reason it hasn't been done yet. I'm not sure why.

Quote:I usually just roll a d20.

Is that like a new kinda stanky danky?
Quote:Is that like a new kinda stanky danky?
[Image: d20.jpg]

Natural 20 on the first roll makes you an admin.
Quote:[Image: d20.jpg]

Natural 20 on the first roll makes you an admin.

I'll stick with monopoly
Quote:Are you really asking why a game day thread was closed that was made two days before the actual day of the game? Don't play dumb. You aren't new around here...those have never been allowed.

Did you enjoy scolding him Bunnie?
Quote:He's just upset because someone started a game day thread LAST NIGHT and I shut it down.

Power to the Bunnie!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:Did you enjoy scolding him Bunnie?

There are no good games on right now, I have to entertain myself somehow! :teehee:
Quote:He's just upset because someone started a game day thread LAST NIGHT and I shut it down.

Would it have been shut down if they had titled it "The unofficially way too early Jags vs Packers" thread?

Just asking a question.
Quote:Would it have been shut down if they had titled it "The unofficially way too early Jags vs Packers" thread?

Just asking a question.

Labeled like like...probably yes.
Quote:There are no good games on right now, I have to entertain myself somehow! :teehee:
You'll go blind!
Quote:Labeled like like...probably yes.

Wow, I never knew you were a Valley Bunnie.

The things you can learn on here.
Pages: 1 2 3