Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Free Agent WR's available
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
And why are the Jags not at least entertaining the idea? 

Jarvis Landry
Odell Beckham 
Julio Jones
Will Fuller 

The Jags just need true number one to fill in, until they can draft the right one. Landry is purportedly being looked at hard by the Ravens.
I think we have already spent all of our money. No funds left in the bank for more wr free agency.
(05-10-2022, 02:33 PM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]I think we have already spent all of our money. No funds left in the bank for more wr free agency.
If true, that is just stupid. We go broke an didn't pick up one splash player at the position. The one draft where pick 1 is a coin flip and FA has more trade splashes than FA WR but we go broke for no reason smh.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
(05-10-2022, 02:53 PM)JagsFansince1995 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2022, 02:33 PM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]I think we have already spent all of our money. No funds left in the bank for more wr free agency.
If true, that is just stupid.  We go broke an didn't pick up one splash player at the position.  The one draft where pick 1 is a coin flip and FA has more trade splashes than FA WR but we go broke for no reason smh.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

It's true. They had to get the Cam deal done to make room for the draft class. This team blew a mountain of draft capital and salary cap space the last three years and still needs a legit starter at one of the most important positions on the team.
(05-10-2022, 02:10 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]And why are the Jags not at least entertaining the idea? 

Jarvis Landry
Odell Beckham 
Julio Jones
Will Fuller 

The Jags just need true number one to fill in, until they can draft the right one. Landry is purportedly being looked at hard by the Ravens.

Well, besides the fact that Landry isn't a #1, Beckham is hurt, Jones is washed up, and Fuller is never healthy...I don't know.
It's time to buckle up and ride with what we got.
(05-10-2022, 02:10 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]And why are the Jags not at least entertaining the idea? 

Jarvis Landry
Odell Beckham 
Julio Jones
Will Fuller 

because money, because past glory does not predict future performance, and because we just got 3 new, younger guys to do what you would expect these older guys to do if they weren't taking up space on your IR list.

Why is this so hard to grasp?

(05-10-2022, 03:43 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]

Jarvis Landry
Odell Beckham 
Julio Jones
Will Fuller 

Well, besides the fact that Landry isn't a #1, Beckham is hurt, Jones is washed up, and Fuller is never healthy...I don't know.

@We could be wasting our money on these guys instead of wasting our money on those other guys tho@

Jarvis Landry - 570 receiving yards
Odell Beckham - 537 receiving yards
Julio Jones - 434 receiving yards
Will Fuller - 26 receiving yards

Perhaps because it's not 2017.  I posted their receiving yards from last season above.

For the record, our current roster includes the following:
* Kirk 982 receiving yards
* Zay Jones 546 receiving yards
* Marvin Jones Jr  832 receiving yards
Probably for the same reason the other 31 teams have not signed them up yet. Age, price, scheme fit and injury concerns.

A lot of those guys are at the mercy of teams riding out training camp to see who gets injured or waived in order to generate an immediate need.

They'll be signed up eventually.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
(05-10-2022, 04:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

Jarvis Landry - 570 receiving yards
Odell Beckham - 537 receiving yards
Julio Jones - 434 receiving yards
Will Fuller - 26 receiving yards

Perhaps because it's not 2017.  I posted their receiving yards from last season above.

Shenault had 619
(05-10-2022, 04:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2022, 04:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

Shenault had 619

Lol.... the guy that we are willing to trade for a ham sandwich outgained Landry, Beckham, J. Jones, and Fuller
I would take Julio or Odell. Beckham is the best WR on the list, but not sure if his attitude is worth it. Julio isn't what he once was, but he's a quiet and hard-working guy. One who could definitely open up the offense by distracting some DBs and making some plays in the meantime. Why not send him an offer?
Will Fuller 26 yards lol.
Reason 1:  Taking one of those WRs isn't putting us in the playoffs.  
Reason 2:  They would want more $$$ than they're worth
Reason 3:  None of them are what the Jags need.  We need a young X WR.  We'll have to wait next season for a FA or draft one next year.  
Reason 4:  Kevin Austin.  He has all the measurables to become an X WR.  They got to hope they can coach him up.  Unfortunately, we didn't have the patience to wait on Allen Lazard and he's now GBs best WR.
If Odell was willing to take a one year deal, i'd do it. Either he don't work out or maybe him and Trevor have good chemistry and it works.. wouldn't be a terrible thing to try.
Julio Jones will end up in New England.
None of those guys would be better than what we already have.
(05-10-2022, 09:48 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]None of those guys would be better than what we already have.

You're either delusional, or just disagreeing because you're being a sheep and following everyone else in the thread.

How is Odell Or Jarvis not any better than Marvin freaking Jones or Viska "Stone Hands" Shenault? Get real.
(05-10-2022, 09:56 PM)Talented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2022, 09:48 PM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]None of those guys would be better than what we already have.

You're either delusional, or just disagreeing because you're being a sheep and following everyone else in the thread.

How is Odell Or Jarvis not any better than Marvin freaking Jones or Viska "Stone Hands" Shenault? Get real.

OK, I was talking about all our receivers not just those 2, but let's take a look.
Let's not worry about anything but the last few years. What they did 2014 -2018 really is not what they are today.  So, since 2019 ...

Career Catch %                  Since 2019

Player                                                       Targets    Rec   Catch%  Yards  TD's

Odell  Beckham              60.3                        258      141     54.6      1991    12

Jarvis Jones                   65.8                        326      207     63.5     2584     11

Marvin Jones                  61.0                        326      211     64.7     2589     22

Shenault                        67.6                        179      121     67.6     1219      5  

Note Shenault numbers only for 2 years not 3.
This is why those guys are free agents and have not been snapped up.  Ask the Titans if they got their money's worth for Julio Jones last year and how it feels to have to eat 13 million in dead cap this year.
(05-10-2022, 08:49 PM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]If Odell was willing to take a one year deal, i'd do it. Either he don't work out or maybe him and Trevor have good chemistry and it works.. wouldn't be a terrible thing to try.

He just had a 2nd ACL tear on the same knee.  He'd spend most of that one year deal rehabbing. 

No.  Terrible idea.
Pages: 1 2