Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Biden’s ‘Kill Switch’ For Every Car Threatens Our Freedom Of Movement
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A recently signed into law a requirement that all vehicles produced after 2026 be fitted with a remote kill switch. Electric vehicles are already equipped with this capability via internet-connected “superchargers.” These corporations can sell you a product for tens or even hundreds of thousands of dollars, then prevent you from using them.

Worse yet, if the law is not challenged or repealed, these kill switches will have a “back door” that allows government agencies to shut your vehicle off remotely as well.

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/bidens-k...-movement/
Shade tree and under the table mechanics are going to make a killing (pun intended) disabling these systems.
Once again, this is just more proof that the Democratic party wants total control over out lives from cradle to grave.......
(05-12-2022, 10:46 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Once again, this is just more proof that the Democratic party wants total control over out lives from cradle to grave.......

I don't think so.
I'm pretty sure Trump was on board for this too.
The big corporations don't want ordinary people to own things anymore.  They want everything to be a subscription or a lease.
Farm equipment
Software
Movies
Music
Now cars
It's all pointing in the same direction.
(05-12-2022, 11:02 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2022, 10:46 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Once again, this is just more proof that the Democratic party wants total control over out lives from cradle to grave.......

I don't think so.
The big corporations don't want ordinary people to own things anymore.  They want everything to be a subscription or a lease.
Farm equipment
Software
Movies
Music
Now cars

Pretty sure? There is NOTHING good about the government having the ability to shut YOUR car off. PERIOD.
(05-12-2022, 11:30 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2022, 11:02 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think so.
Farm equipment
Software
Movies
Music
Now cars

Pretty sure? There is NOTHING good about the government having the ability to shut YOUR car off. PERIOD.

I couldn't agree more.
Dude stop making everything about Trump. I think his whole family lives rent free in your head.
(05-12-2022, 12:15 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]Dude stop making everything about Trump. I think his whole family lives rent free in your head.

You're probably right.
What I'm trying to say is if this is a screw job, it's a bipartisan screw job.
19 Republican senators voted for this bill along with all Democrats.
(05-12-2022, 09:55 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Shade tree and under the table mechanics are going to make a killing (pun intended) disabling these systems.

Just get some aluminum foil and wrap the car. Leave a few holes to see.