Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: lets talk about TLaws contract
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How much of that was in bitcoin, and does this impact our cap?
(05-12-2022, 02:22 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]How much of that was in bitcoin, and does this impact our cap?

Doesn't matter if they provided bitcoin at signing. Trevor lost the money not the team. Cost is fixed from the team's end.
Dont get me started on bit coin. Anyways, go jags! Only 3 more months until preseason games. Ya!
4 years $36M with a $24M signing bonus.
Maybe he lost half his money and is super motivated now.
(05-12-2022, 02:22 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: [ -> ]How much of that was in bitcoin, and does this impact our cap?

I hope everyone understands that he "took his signing bonus in bitcoin" because he was sponsored by "blockfolio" which is a crypto exchange/wallet. He probably sold the BTC immediately after he got it.. along with a bunch more money for the shout.
Good point. It was more about the optics of the situation at the time. I doubt he held the majority of it in crypto, but who knows?
(05-16-2022, 08:23 AM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]Good point. It was more about the optics of the situation at the time. I doubt he held the majority of it in crypto, but who knows?

It's possible, but seems unlikely. Would be foolishly risky to do that unless he was already loaded prior to coming into the NFL.
(05-16-2022, 08:29 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2022, 08:23 AM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]Good point. It was more about the optics of the situation at the time. I doubt he held the majority of it in crypto, but who knows?

It's possible, but seems unlikely. Would be foolishly risky to do that unless he was already loaded prior to coming into the NFL.

Assuming he's wise enough to have a financial advisor, most advisors prior to the recent destabilization advised clients to only put 10% or less of their portfolio into crypto. 

He likely converted most of it quickly.
Well if he held some until nov 21 he made a healthy profit.

I personally would NOT invest in crypto currencies.
(05-16-2022, 08:32 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2022, 08:29 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible, but seems unlikely. Would be foolishly risky to do that unless he was already loaded prior to coming into the NFL.

Assuming he's wise enough to have a financial advisor, most advisors prior to the recent destabilization advised clients to only put 10% or less of their portfolio into crypto. 

He likely converted most of it quickly.

I truly hope he immediately cashed out.

No one should hold any crypto with money they wouldn't be perfectly happy tossing in a barrel fire.
I would want fine art. The US dollar is being made worthless day by day.
(05-16-2022, 08:57 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]I would want fine art. The US dollar is being made worthless day by day.

baseball cards, man.

just have to hedge your bets and not get your own cards as part of the deal  Smile
(05-17-2022, 08:56 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-16-2022, 08:57 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: [ -> ]I would want fine art. The US dollar is being made worthless day by day.

baseball cards, man.

just have to hedge your bets and not get your own cards as part of the deal  Smile

thanks for a nice laugh. Indeed don't stock up on your own card.