Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Netflix stand up to it's "woke" employees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Netflix Fires Major Warning Shot At Its Woke Employees With New ‘Culture Memo’

A new corporate culture memo from Netflix is taking a hardline stance on attempts to silence artistic expression by warning those who are offended by the streaming service’s content that they may want to go find a job somewhere else.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/netflix-f...qLPHvX7ZQc
This should cut both ways. If you feel strongly about the content from either direction, leave.

They appear to be reacting to falling ratings. As always, the best way (and sometimes the only way) to get the attention of any woke corporation is to hit them where it hurts them most; financially.
Netflix is trying to be more like satellite radio where they just provide both raunchy comedy and religious music, they don't try to cater to one over the other.
But satellite radio only ever had two providers, now it only has one. So the everything to everyone approach is really the only strategy there.
But with video streaming, the market equilibrium could be 5 or 6 different providers. There could be room for a provider that tries to be the clean version of netflix, or the woke version of Netflix or whatever. Right now, the competition is over who has all the back episodes of your favorite shows, but that could change.
(05-13-2022, 10:51 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]This should cut both ways.  If you feel strongly about the content from either direction, leave.

They appear to be reacting to falling ratings.  As always, the best way (and sometimes the only way) to get the attention of any woke corporation is to hit them where it hurts them most; financially.

Yep they want some of these untalented directors to leave on thier own. Netflix wants less cost, and the people complaining are probably the ones producing duds. You dont get to be diva when you suck.
I was on a long airplane flight recently, so I watched a couple of recent episodes of "Law and Order, SVU," and you can see the network running scared from this woke-ism which is running rampant these days.  It's a good show, but when they have multiple suspects, you can pretty much predict that the young, rich, spoiled, arrogant white guy is the perpetrator.  That character is never "the good guy."  

And every show I saw had the white police officers guiltily confronting their own inherent bias, helped along by lectures from the black police officers.

I admit, I came to this conclusion from watching only 4 episodes.  

And by the way, Drifter, "it's" (with the apostrophe) means "it is."  The word you want is "its."  Netflix stands up to its employees.
I think a lot of this cultural wokeness will run its course eventually when they discover new language and white self-flagellation doesn’t really change anything.
It'll never run its course on the Corporate side until 'White America' starts informing Corporate America that it intends to stop consuming its product until the bias ceases. Voting with your dollars is all they understand. They know they could never make their financial projections by marketing/selling to only 13% of the population under normal circumstances, but Whites are too immersed with collective guilt or consumer convenience to care enough. And so the merry go round rolls on.

Politically, vote out the woke. Even then, Corporations have bought politicians, so it's the same problem domestically. Bought by Foreign Corporations and Governments is another problem altogether.