Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Democrats Pouring $15 Million Into 'Blue Shift Florida
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
All I can say is..... Good Luck With That............

Democrats Pouring $15 Million Into 'Blue Shift Florida

The best politicians are usually the least delusional. But this year, Democrats are trying to prove that success can come from crossing your fingers or clicking the heels of your ruby slippers together three times.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/ri...G173Kw13Xk
I've been studying this.
At the state house district level, Republican candidates typically draw between $200-400k from corporations and wealthy individuals. Democrats typically draw less than $40k at this level.
But when you see that rare Democrat who breaks the $100k threshold on fundraising, they usually win even though they are getting outspent 3:1.
The Republican party is very inefficient with their money and they seem vulnerable if they don't get their act together.
I'm sure those funds will go into blue districts to improve voter turnout. You know... completely on the up and up.
(05-13-2022, 12:46 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure those funds will go into blue districts to improve voter turnout. You know... completely on the up and up.

$15 million is a drop in the bucket at the state level. More than half a billion dollars have already been raised for the 2022 cycle.  Add to the list of things not to worry about.
He said part of the goal would be to send Democratic organizers to all 67 counties in order to lessen the GOP margin even in Republican strongholds. He also said Democrats were hampered in 2020 by Covid-19-related lockdowns where they did not do direct voter outreach.

They sure do have to work hard to get folks to vote.
(05-13-2022, 03:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-13-2022, 12:46 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure those funds will go into blue districts to improve voter turnout. You know... completely on the up and up.

$15 million is a drop in the bucket at the state level. More than half a billion dollars have already been raised for the 2022 cycle.  Add to the list of things not to worry about.

I worry more about your blind mistrust in our system.
I may be leaning the other way in the 2024 election (Dem to GOP) as long as Trump or Cruz and a few others are not on the ticket, but this is something to think about giving a little momentum to the Dems ...... Our housing prices are going through the roof simply because we are getting an influx of people from NY and other northeastern states.  Those people tend to vote Democrat so I'd have to think that 60% or more of the newbies moving into Florida between 2020 and 2024 will be voting Democrat.  No stats here .... purely an assumption.
(05-13-2022, 06:22 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]I may be leaning the other way in the 2024 election (Dem to GOP) as long as Trump or Cruz and a few others are not on the ticket, but this is something to think about giving a little momentum to the Dems ...... Our housing prices are going through the roof simply because we are getting an influx of people from NY and other northeastern states.  Those people tend to vote Democrat so I'd have to think that 60% or more of the newbies moving into Florida between 2020 and 2024 will be voting Democrat.  No stats here .... purely an assumption.

I would assume the opposite.
It seems a large share of the influx is people who did not appreciate the covid policies in the northern states.
I disagree. I think a lot of the people moving here are red to moderate who have had enough of blue policy. My evidence is the increase of Republican registration despite the influx.
(05-13-2022, 06:50 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree. I think a lot of the people moving here are red to moderate who have had enough of blue policy. My evidence is the increase of Republican registration despite the influx.

Agreed.
(05-13-2022, 06:50 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]I disagree. I think a lot of the people moving here are red to moderate who have had enough of blue policy. My evidence is the increase of Republican registration despite the influx.

Eh. NC has a lot of blue state retirees who move here for better weather and lower taxes and we're now a purple state thanks to them.
Florida was having the same problem until DeSantis. I suspect the media demonization of him caused many democrats to flee to other states. I know we are getting plenty of democrats in the exodus, I just think the voter registration indicates we are becoming redder, at least for now.