Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 9/11 Tribute
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://youtu.be/3iy2L9VeUfc

How anyone could disrespect the flag after this video is beyond me? By the way, good song.
What a fantastic song and video. Thank you for sharing.
Quote:What a fantastic song and video. Thank you for sharing.

No problem. I saw this and was like WOW, i have to share this. Very strong video.
Those who have been around know where I was on 9/11. Lived in Leesburg, Va, just outside of DC. Worked at Dulles. Lost a very close friend and coworker. Worked the longest shift of my life.

It was the event that eventually destroyed my career in aviation, which I spent almost 6 years of collegiate study in.

I have new wars now, and this one seems distant, but at the same time, it seems like yesterday.

My greatest sadness, ironically, was on 9/12 when I woke and walked outside and looked to the empty skies. My soul was as empty as the skies that day. No airplanes. No contrails. Just nothing. It's a feeling I carry with me to this day.

Powerful video. Nothing from that day ever becomes less shocking no matter how many years go by.
Quote:Powerful video. Nothing from that day ever becomes less shocking no matter how many years go by.

Agreed. Days like Sunday should bring this country together but instead some will disrespect it.
Quote:Agreed. Days like Sunday should bring this country together but instead some will disrespect it.

I hope Clinton and Trump don't make a mockery of it all. That will piss me off to no end. Better to say nothing than to say something disingenuous and make a lot of people angry.
I'm still Pissed and I can carry a grudge a long time........

I'm watching a documentary on YouTube right now. Footage and interviews with different local NYC reporters and the designer of the buildings. They said both towers fell in 10 seconds. One million tons of steel, glass, aluminum, and concrete each, falling at 125mph. That just doesn't make sense. Shockwaves from the impacts were picked up more than 40 miles away by seismic instruments used to rate earthquakes.

I've never watched any footage other than what was on TV and the documentary, 9/11 I mentioned in the other post. I didn't want to. I couldn't. I knew no one who died, I don't think I know anyone who knew people who died. But the sheer horror of what happened that day, all the people who perished, all the survivors who had to live with the experience of the day, the aftermath of it all....it was too much. My sensitive nature just couldn't take it. Fifteen years later and it's still tough to watch something other than what I have already seen.

May we never forget.
Quote:I'm still [BAD WORD REMOVED] and I can carry a grudge a long time........

Lol.