Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: CBS47/Fox30 New "Official Station" for Jaguars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The official station moniker has moved back to CBS47/Fox30 after being with WJXT for the past few years.  The "new" official station is offering new shows and enhanced broadcasting to provide more fan exposure.  They've also announced that their in booth team for the preseason games will be Brian Sexton and Mark Brunell.  That's a much better option than having to listen to Kouvaris drone on.

sweet. 

Thank god. Kouvaris was awful.
Sam somehow managed to make Frank Frangie sound like a capable play-by-play guy during preseason games.

Saxton nice

Recollaborated and it feels So Good...

NH3...
Quote:The official station moniker has moved back to CBS47/Fox30 after being with WJXT for the past few years.  The "new" official station is offering new shows and enhanced broadcasting to provide more fan exposure.  They've also announced that their in booth team for the preseason games will be Brian Sexton and Mark Brunell.  That's a much better option than having to listen to Kouvaris drone on.
As long as they don't cut to Cheers during preseason games....
Quote:As long as they don't cut to Cheers during preseason games....

They had some big gaffes in their previous tenure as the official station. 

It seemed to be the station then was being run on a shoestring budget. 

Their budget for sports now seems to be much, much higher than any other local station. So I think it will be better.
I'll be at the game so it won't matter to me.
I guess I just miss the days when Jags games were actually exciting to watch and Brian Sexton was the announcer. Every time we scored (when it mattered) he sounded like he was going to wet himself.

Quote:As long as they don't cut to Cheers during preseason games....
Hopefully they have figured out how to avoid that from happening again, but it will be pure entertainment to keep reminding Hicken about that now that he works for those stations.  It was great fun to make fun of them when he was at FCN.
Quote:The official station moniker has moved back to CBS47/Fox30 after being with WJXT for the past few years.  The "new" official station is offering new shows and enhanced broadcasting to provide more fan exposure.  They've also announced that their in booth team for the preseason games will be Brian Sexton and Mark Brunell.  That's a much better option than having to listen to Kouvaris drone on.

Love to hear Sexton call games again.
I'm still hanging on to hope that Amanda Zitzman comes back to do our Jacksonville weather report.

Quote:I'm still hanging on to hope that Amanda Zitzman comes back to do our Jacksonville weather report.

Weather?  Just get her on TV.  Who cares about weather?

[Image: d6438e_2be6e6f934934351825ebfc87ceb10d8.jpg]
Quote:Weather?  Just get her on TV.  Who cares about weather?

Agree.  Good Candidate for Fox News prime time going up against Rachel Maddow. 
Yeah I gotta admit, I was tired of Sam years ago.
I have never agreed with you more.
Is Frangie still doing the PBP for the games? God I hope not. BRING BACK SEXTON.