Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Judge: Constitution 'Does Not Require a Pain-Free Execution'
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder just how much pain he put his victim through?  I have no sympathy for this murderer........

Judge: Constitution 'Does Not Require a Pain-Free Execution'

An Arizona judge on Sunday ruled that the U.S. Constitution "does not require a pain-free execution" in a ruling rejecting a death-row inmate's request for a delay.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/judge-...2r2fLHZLns
No one approaches this question honestly.
The people who say executions must be painless don't actually want that. They actually want executions to stop altogether.
But the people who want executions to be quick also want to come across as tough and actually want there to be some pain involved. More would be better, actually, for these people, as long as the execution was still quick, cheap, and reliable.

We know this because an execution method that is painless, bloodless, and 100% reliable exists, but no one talks about it. If people really wanted executions to happen but be painless, we would have started using nitrogen asphyxiation universally long ago.
(06-06-2022, 06:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]No one approaches this question honestly.
The people who say executions must be painless don't actually want that.  They actually want executions to stop altogether.
But the people who want executions to be quick also want to come across as tough and actually want there to be some pain involved.  More would be better, actually, for these people, as long as the execution was still quick, cheap, and reliable. 

We know this because an execution method that is painless, bloodless, and 100% reliable exists, but no one talks about it.  If people really wanted executions to happen but be painless, we would have started using nitrogen asphyxiation universally long ago.

Yeah...I don't care how they do it or if it hurts or not. Just get it done.
(06-07-2022, 12:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2022, 06:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]No one approaches this question honestly.
The people who say executions must be painless don't actually want that.  They actually want executions to stop altogether.
But the people who want executions to be quick also want to come across as tough and actually want there to be some pain involved.  More would be better, actually, for these people, as long as the execution was still quick, cheap, and reliable. 

We know this because an execution method that is painless, bloodless, and 100% reliable exists, but no one talks about it.  If people really wanted executions to happen but be painless, we would have started using nitrogen asphyxiation universally long ago.

Yeah...I don't care how they do it or if it hurts or not. Just get it done.

I feel the same way.
How do you feel about the condemned being given an option as to the method? Seems to me that eliminates their ability to sue about it being cruel and unusual.  But I'm not a lawyer.  Some people think the condemned shouldn't get any choices.
The Chinese were particularly cruel. They billed the family of the executed for the price of the bullet.
(06-07-2022, 08:42 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2022, 12:02 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah...I don't care how they do it or if it hurts or not. Just get it done.

I feel the same way.
How do you feel about the condemned being given an option as to the method? Seems to me that eliminates their ability to sue about it being cruel and unusual.  But I'm not a lawyer.  Some people think the condemned shouldn't get any choices.

I'd be ok with that. I only care about the outcome, but I'm against cruel and unusual things like being D & Q'd or burned alive.
(06-07-2022, 08:42 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I feel the same way.

That would have no impact on suing for cruel and unusual. If all the options are viewed as cruel, then it doesn't matter if you get to pick one.
  • Bullet is cheap and quick but that opens it up to messing with the people having to do the shooting. It's why it's generally done with multiple people shooting. It also brings in the crazy people who want to shoot people.
  • Rope is cheap but is not a great way to die.
  • I would open the option that you die the same way you killed the person but that also brings in the crazy people that want to kill people.
(06-07-2022, 11:34 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2022, 08:42 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I feel the same way.

That would have no impact on suing for cruel and unusual. If all the options are viewed as cruel, then it doesn't matter if you get to pick one.
  • Bullet is cheap and quick but that opens it up to messing with the people having to do the shooting. It's why it's generally done with multiple people shooting. It also brings in the crazy people who want to shoot people.
  • I would open the option that you die the same way you killed the person but that also brings in the crazy people that want to kill people.

But if nitrogen asphyxiation is one of the options,that should solve it.
(06-07-2022, 11:48 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2022, 11:34 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]That would have no impact on suing for cruel and unusual. If all the options are viewed as cruel, then it doesn't matter if you get to pick one.

But if nitrogen asphyxiation is one of the options,that should solve it.

The guillotine is quick and it is certain. But i am thinking people would see it as too medieval and too messy and too Islamic.
(06-08-2022, 05:26 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2022, 11:48 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]But if nitrogen asphyxiation is one of the options,that should solve it.

The guillotine is quick and it is certain.  But i am thinking people would see it as too medieval and too messy and too Islamic.

Yeah, we should reserve that one for politicians.
(06-08-2022, 05:26 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2022, 11:48 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]But if nitrogen asphyxiation is one of the options,that should solve it.

The guillotine is quick and it is certain.  But i am thinking people would see it as too medieval and too messy and too Islamic.

French physicians were able to prove that the head remains conscious for about 10 seconds after losing connection to its blood supply.  I'm guessing those 10 seconds are quite painful.  Nitrogen, no pain at all.
(06-08-2022, 07:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 05:26 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]The guillotine is quick and it is certain.  But i am thinking people would see it as too medieval and too messy and too Islamic.

French physicians were able to prove that the head remains conscious for about 10 seconds after losing connection to its blood supply.  I'm guessing those 10 seconds are quite painful.  Nitrogen, no pain at all.

How the hell did they prove that?

(06-08-2022, 05:31 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 05:26 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]The guillotine is quick and it is certain.  But i am thinking people would see it as too medieval and too messy and too Islamic.

Yeah, we should reserve that one for politicians.

Post of the year
(06-08-2022, 09:50 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 07:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]French physicians were able to prove that the head remains conscious for about 10 seconds after losing connection to its blood supply.  I'm guessing those 10 seconds are quite painful.  Nitrogen, no pain at all.

Blink twice if you can hear me?

(06-08-2022, 07:57 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]French physicians were able to prove that the head remains conscious for about 10 seconds after losing connection to its blood supply.  I'm guessing those 10 seconds are quite painful.  Nitrogen, no pain at all.

I would apply the same burden of proof for nitrogen asphyxiation as a painless method of execution. Unless we've taken a poll of dead people who've experienced it.
(06-09-2022, 02:08 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 09:50 PM)EricC85 Wrote: [ -> ]How the hell did they prove that?

I would apply the same burden of proof for nitrogen asphyxiation as a painless method of execution.  Unless we've taken a poll of dead people who've experienced it.

Animals and humans have been killed by nitrogen both accidentally and on purpose.  They never show signs of distress, as if they're not even aware that they're dying