Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Louisiana Bans Transgenders from Women's Sports
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Fairness in Women's Sports Act will ban transgender women from participating in women's sports.

Louisiana transgender sports ban becomes law (msn.com)
Good
On one hand you have this Leah who was born male but identifies as female. I have no problem with Leah. Leah is an adult and Leah can identify as a toaster oven for all I care. But Leah been allowed to compete with females. Big problem with the NCAA for allowing that.
On the other hand we have the Canadian soccer player Quinn. Quinn was born female but identifies as male. Again, Quinn can identify as a Honda S2000 for all I care. And Quinn has chosen to delay using male hormones until Quinn's athletic career is complete. So Quinn is out there competing with females. As Quinn should.
I don't have a problem with Trans people. I have a problem with sports.
We don't need to fight over bathrooms. Most places have a unisex/family restroom option anyhow.
But we should fight over the integrity of sports.
Okay, this is going to sound rather harsh, but the whole problem arises from women wanting to be treated equally but separately.  It's a double standard, and it inevitably leads to all sorts of problems like this. 

They want equality in sports as long as they don't have to compete with men.  That's not equality.  And now, since their sports are "women only," they have to define what is a woman.
(06-08-2022, 07:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, this is going to sound rather harsh, but the whole problem arises from women wanting to be treated equally but separately.  It's a double standard, and it inevitably leads to all sorts of problems like this. 

They want equality in sports as long as they don't have to compete with men.  That's not equality.  And now, since their sports are "women only," they have to define what is a woman.

The LPGA has increased their purses (no pun intended) to the point that second place in last week’s tournament won over a million dollars. The first time ever. While I applaud the effort and am happy to see the ladies pulling in bigger prize money, the question is how long will this be sustainable. LPGA tournaments simply don’t pull in the spectator and sponsor money that men’s golf does. One sponsor even had a commercial saying they were going to increase the viewership and popularity of the LPGA to make it more “equitable”. But how? Men’s sports have always brought in more money and spectators because men are (cover your ears, lefties) bigger and stronger, thus are capable of greater feats of athleticism. 

I sincerely hope the LPGA can keep the purse money higher. However, it just seems artificial and unsustainable in the harsh glow of the woke movement.
(06-08-2022, 08:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 07:35 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, this is going to sound rather harsh, but the whole problem arises from women wanting to be treated equally but separately.  It's a double standard, and it inevitably leads to all sorts of problems like this. 

The LPGA has increased their purses (no pun intended) to the point that second place in last week’s tournament won over a million dollars. The first time ever. While I applaud the effort and am happy to see the ladies pulling in bigger prize money, the question is how long will this be sustainable. LPGA tournaments simply don’t pull in the spectator and sponsor money that men’s golf does. One sponsor even had a commercial saying they were going to increase the viewership and popularity of the LPGA to make it more “equitable”. But how? Men’s sports have always brought in more money and spectators because men are (cover your ears, lefties) bigger and stronger, thus are capable of greater feats of athleticism. 

I sincerely hope the LPGA can keep the purse money higher. However, it just seems artificial and unsustainable in the harsh glow of the woke movement.

I enjoy watching the LPGA, and have no problem with them as long as they make it on their own, without demanding some sort of subsidy in the name of equity.

The problem I have with women's sports is the constant demand for equal pay without doing equal work.  They're not doing equal work if they don't have to play against men.  At the four major tennis tournaments, the women play 3 sets against women only while the men play 5 sets against anyone who can qualify.  And yet the women are paid equally to the men.  It's not the world's most important issue, but the hypocrisy does bug me.
(06-08-2022, 08:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 08:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]The LPGA has increased their purses (no pun intended) to the point that second place in last week’s tournament won over a million dollars. The first time ever. While I applaud the effort and am happy to see the ladies pulling in bigger prize money, the question is how long will this be sustainable. LPGA tournaments simply don’t pull in the spectator and sponsor money that men’s golf does. One sponsor even had a commercial saying they were going to increase the viewership and popularity of the LPGA to make it more “equitable”. But how? Men’s sports have always brought in more money and spectators because men are (cover your ears, lefties) bigger and stronger, thus are capable of greater feats of athleticism. 

I enjoy watching the LPGA, and have no problem with them as long as they make it on their own, without demanding some sort of subsidy in the name of equity.

The problem I have with women's sports is the constant demand for equal pay without doing equal work.  They're not doing equal work if they don't have to play against men.  At the four major tennis tournaments, the women play 3 sets against women only while the men play 5 sets against anyone who can qualify.  And yet the women are paid equally to the men.  It's not the world's most important issue, but the hypocrisy does bug me.

You guys both nailed it. Collective +10
(06-08-2022, 08:44 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2022, 08:32 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]The LPGA has increased their purses (no pun intended) to the point that second place in last week’s tournament won over a million dollars. The first time ever. While I applaud the effort and am happy to see the ladies pulling in bigger prize money, the question is how long will this be sustainable. LPGA tournaments simply don’t pull in the spectator and sponsor money that men’s golf does. One sponsor even had a commercial saying they were going to increase the viewership and popularity of the LPGA to make it more “equitable”. But how? Men’s sports have always brought in more money and spectators because men are (cover your ears, lefties) bigger and stronger, thus are capable of greater feats of athleticism. 

The discrepancy in "equal work" (3 sets v. 5) is obvious in tennis, though it's conveniently ignored in the equal pay demands.  Golf is more subtle.  Course length in men's tournaments is typically close to a thousand yards longer than women's events.  Are the women doing "equal" work, just because they're playing the same number of holes?
This is going to get real interesting at the college level when the tranny men to women start demanding inclusion in women's sports like soccer, basketball, softball and volleyball, all of which are being heavily promoted/invested in by ESPN with both coverage and advertising. This cultivation of these sports by ESPN has been going on for years. So far, the only real big controversy has been in swimming, a peripheral sport that few people care about until Olympic qualifying rolls around. But let the integrity of any of those aforementioned woman's sports get compromised, and there is going to be a ton of pushback by the schools and the networks covering them. They will not let the integrity of their product get compromised just for the sake of some twisted vision of gender equality.

Can you imagine a 7 foot man transitioning to a woman and then demanding to play in the WNBA? That would get shot down faster than a Russian MIG invading Ukrainian airspace. ESPN is all in on WNBA and is struggling enough to get eyes on the product; the last thing they are going to do is allow this to occur. Same thing with pro Women's soccer. And no way FIFA will allow this for the World Cup. They have enough corrupt baggage already allowing drug abusers to play (Paolo Guerrerosee Peru 2018). If Trannies accomplish this, then we may as well just merge all sports and make them sexless. Set quotas for biological males/females and trans, so everyone still has a shot to participate. Then let them have at it. It would probably interesting for all of about 1 game, and then after that it would just become a freak show of biological women getting obliterated by biological males or male to female trans. Viewers would abandon the product in droves. Sorry to put it this way, but there are just obvious differences that make equal competition at the highest level between sexes untenable and uninteresting.