Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Companies Begin 'Shrinkflation' to Mask Inflated Prices
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have you noticed that you're getting less and less in that bag of chips you just bought?

Companies Begin 'Shrinkflation' to Mask Inflated Prices

No, you're not imagining it — the products we rely on are, in addition to rising in price, shrinking in size. From paper towels and toilet paper to beverages and snacks, Americans are finding their dollars getting them less and less in another inflationary phenomenon known as "shrinkflation."

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbro...2VAig4G9Jg
Yes, actually this started ~ 1 year ago. I noticed it first when I picked up a bag of Doritos. Then, my can of tuna got smaller and now even my bottles of soda are smaller. Luckily my 1.75 bottles of fine spirits are still 1.75 so that's all that really matters anymore.
It's in automotive too we used to do free top offs on oil and other fluids, can't do it anymore cost to much. Also if your car takes a little over 5qts your gonna pay for 6 can't afford to round down anymore. We've seen a massive increase on tires we didn't raise prices again but it's coming. Tires I sold for $120 or less two years ago Im selling today for $180 and up. Soon they'll be $200 can only absorb cost increases so much. Hell your ac refrigerant o used to buy a 30lbs cylinder for $75-$90 average cost me $2-$4 a pound id sell it for $15 lbs retail. The last cylinder cost me $380 that's now costing me whole sale more then $12 lbs. I had to raise my price to $29 lbs that's old 134a the new cars that run on 1234yf I'm paying $880 for a 10lbs cylinder. I have to sell it at $20 oz to almost break even. Never mind the 10k machine I had to buy to service it. Last charge was just under 2lbs it cost the poor guy $980 to charge his ac