Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Government Admits Dominion Voting Machines Vulnerable to Hacking in 16 States
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Voter ID, Paper Ballots, and Hand counts are the only way I see to solve this problem....... If anyone has any better suggestions, I'm open too them.......

Government Admits Dominion Voting Machines Vulnerable to Hacking in 16 States

Dominion voting machines have the potential to be breached, according to an advisory from the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency.
These, of course, are the machines that caused controversy in the 2020 election.
The Dominion machines are now shown to have nine vulnerabilities, according to the Friday advisory.

https://www.patriotproject.com/governmen...YTfCmkBG1c
Yep, introduce compulsory voting. Do it on a Saturday and have voters checked off against a register. They vote on paper and have them hand counted. If anyone is checked off against more than one register, they get fined.
https://www.dominionvoting.com/setting-t...-straight/

How would one "hack" a voting machine that is not connected to the internet?  You'd have to have access to the machines, and I think the only thing you could do is make them mis-count the votes.  But since hand recounts were done in many states, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that the machines were tampered with.
I vote absentee, but that's because it's allowed and I'd prefer not to make the effort to go to the voting booth and stand in line if given the choice. That said, people generally shouldn't be allowed to vote absentee except in justified cases where a person cannot physically get themselves to the voting booth on election day for whatever reason (generally health issues, military deployment or travel conflicts). Early voting is garbage. Vote by mail is garbage. Elections should be decided on election day. Votes should by and large be cast on election day. Ballots should be paper only. Voters should have to present a valid form of ID or perhaps be fingerprinted when registering and when voting to ensure a match. Election day should be on a weekend or made into a national holiday. It should be mandated that registered voters who are required to work on election day be given a significant window of time off specifically to go vote if they choose.

I agree that there should be penalties for voting multiple times if fraud is obvious (like going to two different polling stations and voting at each on election day). Someone voting twice or more is illegally cancelling out someone on the other side's vote. That is a serious crime in my book. There should be steep penalties for such, even jail time, to dissuade anyone from attempting it. As it stands right now, there are conceivable scenarios where someone voted by mail a month ago and couldn't remember whether they misplaced their ballot or mailed it off and then election day rolls around and they go to their voting station to vote again to ensure their vote was cast. That could be intentional fraud or that could be an honest mistake. The system shouldn't be set up as such to allow for that much gray area. The system also shouldn't be set up to allow for mass ballot harvesting either which mass absentee and vote by mail numbers obviously create an opportunity for. This shouldn't be that difficult for most or all to get behind and get implemented. I can only think of one reason why someone wouldn't be in favor of securing election integrity as outlined above.