Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This is pretty funny
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://www.news4jax.com/news/2022/06/15...s-in-2024/

Elon Musk says he is leaning towards casting his presidential vote for Ron DeSantis.  In response to a question about it, DeSantis said, "I welcome the support of African Americans."  

That's pretty clever, because Musk actually is an African American.  He was born in South Africa.
(06-15-2022, 12:16 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]https://www.news4jax.com/news/2022/06/15...s-in-2024/

Elon Musk says he is leaning towards casting his presidential vote for Ron DeSantis.  In response to a question about it, DeSantis said, "I welcome the support of African Americans."  

That's pretty clever, because Musk actually is an African American.  He was born in South Africa.

Ya, saw that on Twitter, I LOL'd
Cultural appropriation. How dare that wealthy white man born and raised in Africa assume the identity of real African Americans who’ve only seen Africa on television.
Which brings up the rather remarkable fact that the wealthiest man in the world is an African American.
The bitter irony of identity politics.
I can't wait to see how mikesez spins this one.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Good for Ron and Elon.
I agree with Elon that the Democratic party coalition has gone too far in dividing people by race, gender, etc. However the Republicans are also eating their own over the issue of who is more loyal to Trump.
I think DeSantis might be a good President, but, I said the same thing about Trump. Similar issues with both. DeSantis is doing an admirable job as a governor for Republicans. Except for pushing too far on the Disney issue, and turning the clock back 40 years on congressional districts, I can't really fault him. But a President has to be over the entire country, and to have any chance of governing well, he must avoid rhetoric that needlessly inflames the other party. Ron doesn't use Twitter, but he does use rhetoric that's designed to win over more Republicans by pissing off the libs. It's a good way to become the Republican nominee, sadly. But he has to turn that off once he gets in the big chair or else he won't be able to get anything done and probably won't get two terms.
It doesn't take much to piss off the liberals so that's not even an indicator of how he is as a governor or how he would be as POTUS.

The every day conservative doesn't give a rats rear end about Trump, that would be the far-right lunatics that preach his particular brand of crazy.
(06-16-2022, 05:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't take much to piss off the liberals so that's not even an indicator of how he is as a governor or how he would be as POTUS.

The every day conservative doesn't give a rats rear end about Trump, that would be the far-right lunatics that preach his particular brand of crazy.

God, I wish you were right.
(06-16-2022, 05:00 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't take much to piss off the liberals so that's not even an indicator of how he is as a governor or how he would be as POTUS.

(06-16-2022, 05:11 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]God, I wish you were right.

Most conservatives know Trump is more of a moderate than really conservative. Trump will easily win but he will only win because he is the only one willing to stand up and put America first. Return to the laws that are on the books, keep America first, and leave people alone. Most of the republicans are RINOs and all controlled by the uni-party.

Hopefully this becomes the norm and the uni-party, DC crap is stopped and the power goes back to the states. No more making a career and millions out of being a politician.
(06-16-2022, 05:11 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

God, I wish you were right.

Seriously? Most of the Trumpers I personally know walk that line. I would have never known had he never been in office though. They seemed pretty conservative but not on the crazy side. The swamp and the media aren't the only things Trump uncovered.

The primary results thus far show that Trump’s endorsement doesn't mean much, but if the incumbent had any history of going against Trump, they're out.  

You're right that it's becoming easier and easier to ruffle a liberal's feathers, but I hope we can all use our judgement and tell the difference between a conservative politician who is simply stating his beliefs with some civility and decency, and one who is saying things that we might agree with but don't need to be said.
[BLEEP] civility and decency. Give me a man who fights and doesn't back down.
(06-16-2022, 10:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ][BLEEP] civility and decency. Give me a man who fights and doesn't back down.

That ends in war and death.
You wish for others, on your behalf, to take a path that ends in civil war, for no other reason than it amuses you.
But wasn't what DeSantis said pretty funny? I thought it was.
(06-17-2022, 09:12 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]But wasn't what DeSantis said pretty funny?  I thought it was.

It was.
(06-17-2022, 09:07 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-16-2022, 10:15 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ][BLEEP] civility and decency. Give me a man who fights and doesn't back down.

That ends in war and death.
You wish for others, on your behalf, to take a path that ends in civil war, for no other reason than it amuses you.

The cowards we've had in charge are leading us to the death of our society. No matter what you think the fact is that they hate you and want you destroyed; meanwhile you clap like a seal cheering them on. Like so many before you the hubris of your intellect clouds the very real dangers we face. That you think it's out of amusement shows just how far you've fallen into the category of "useful idiot." When they come for you you'll remember the time when you could've fought and look on that memory with shame.
(06-17-2022, 10:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2022, 09:07 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]That ends in war and death.

The cowards we've had in charge are leading us to the death of our society. No matter what you think the fact is that they hate you and want you destroyed; meanwhile you clap like a seal cheering them on. Like so many before you the hubris of your intellect clouds the very real dangers we face. That you think it's out of amusement shows just how far you've fallen into the category of "useful idiot." When they come for you you'll remember the time when you could've fought and look on that memory with shame.

If it comes to that, they will surely come for you first,  And to the extent it matters, I will exhort them to treat you with kindness and leniency.  On the other hand, if the opposite happens, and we lose our civil rights to right wingers,  would you afford me the same courtesy?
(06-17-2022, 11:20 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-17-2022, 10:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]The cowards we've had in charge are leading us to the death of our society. No matter what you think the fact is that they hate you and want you destroyed; meanwhile you clap like a seal cheering them on. Like so many before you the hubris of your intellect clouds the very real dangers we face. That you think it's out of amusement shows just how far you've fallen into the category of "useful idiot." When they come for you you'll remember the time when you could've fought and look on that memory with shame.

If it comes to that, they will surely come for you first,  And to the extent it matters, I will exhort them to treat you with kindness and leniency.  On the other hand, if the opposite happens, and we lose our civil rights to right wingers,  would you afford me the same courtesy?

Of course, but I'll also be sitting right beside you when that happens. Since they are "right wingers" I'm sure you'll be more than willing to start shooting asap too.
Y'all are both white, straight men in America. You're both screwed.
Pages: 1 2