Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: So, Libs, Tell me. Was this an insurrection?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
US Capitol Police arrest Stephen Colbert staffers at House office building, charged with illegal entry

The individuals associated with 'The Late Show With Stephen Colbert' were arrested at the US Capitol complex on Thursday night

The U.S. Capitol Police arrested a group of staffers with CBS's "The Late Show With Stephen Colbert" after they allegedly illegally entered a U.S. House of Representatives office building on Thursday night, Fox News has learned.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-capitol-po...egal-entry
(06-18-2022, 02:42 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]US Capitol Police arrest Stephen Colbert staffers at House office building, charged with illegal entry

The individuals associated with 'The Late Show With Stephen Colbert' were arrested at the US Capitol complex on Thursday night

The U.S. Capitol Police arrested a group of staffers with CBS's "The Late Show With Stephen Colbert" after they allegedly illegally entered a U.S. House of Representatives office building on Thursday night, Fox News has learned.

Did they threaten anyone?
Did they steal anything?
Go through files and read stuff they're not supposed to read?
(06-18-2022, 02:42 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]US Capitol Police arrest Stephen Colbert staffers at House office building, charged with illegal entry

I'm not a "lib," but I would ask you these questions:  Were they there for the express purpose of stopping a Constitutionally mandated act of Congress?  Were they there to attempt to overturn an election?
(06-18-2022, 08:20 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Did they steal anything?
Yes they were banging on locked doors while they were not allowed to be there

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(06-18-2022, 08:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

I'm not a "lib," but I would ask you these questions:  Were they there for the express purpose of stopping a Constitutionally mandated act of Congress?  Were they there to attempt to overturn an election?

We just gotta roll with it, Marty.  We're libs compared to them.  Not for our own opinions, simply because we are skeptical of theirs.
(06-18-2022, 08:20 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Did they steal anything?

I don't think those questions even matter. Even if they did all of those things it wasn't an insurrection.

The only question that matters is were they there to overthrow democracy and install an unelected dictator?

That's what the January 6th mob's intention was, that's why they were insurrectionists. It wasn't because they ransacked government property, but because their intention was to overthrow democracy and turn the USA into what Russia currently is.
(06-18-2022, 09:18 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2022, 08:20 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Did they threaten anyone?
Did they steal anything?

I don't think those questions even matter. Even if they did all of those things it wasn't an insurrection.

The only question that matters is were they there to overthrow democracy and install an unelected dictator?

That's what the January 6th mob's intention was, that's why they were insurrectionists. It wasn't because they ransacked government property, but because their intention was to overthrow democracy and turn the USA into what Russia currently is.

Yup.  I say so in every other thread it seems.
(06-18-2022, 08:42 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2022, 08:20 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Did they threaten anyone?
Did they steal anything?
Yes they were banging on locked doors while they were not allowed to be there

So, guilty of trespass at the most it sounds like.
(06-18-2022, 06:29 PM)MarleyJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-18-2022, 08:42 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Yes they were banging on locked doors while they were not allowed to be there

So, guilty of trespass at the most it sounds like.
Just like the people sitting in solitary with basic treatment being denied and convicted murderers treated better. All while they still haven't had their day in court.

Let's see if they get the same treatment or if they are let go without any charges.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
This wasn't either.