Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cell phones...iPhone 5?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My Android Samsung 4 is starting to lose its abilities. I'm not into buying a new $600 plus phone. My uses are for the phone itself, texts, photos and gps. I don't use online stuff much.

Anyway...am I wasting my money on an iPhone 5....$ 120? Or will it be obsolete too soon. I think the iPhone is new.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
I've never had an iPhone, but I remember a family member saying they liked their 5 better than the 6 they'd recently acquired.

I wouldn't buy an iPhone 5 today. I'm an Android man myself, but you have to think about Apple's planned obselessence.

The 5 is not designed to be capable to efficiently run the current and future software. Even with what you use, you'll experience a lot of lag, freezing, etc.

You have to remember the 5 is 6 generations of iPhone behind. For what it's worth, my old neighbor bought a new 5 last summer and it was giving her problems after 2 days.

Spend a little more on a Galaxy 6 or something IMO
Depending on who your carrier is your options are quite varied. If you are not on Verizon or Sprint you can take advantage of the impressive array of chinese and korean android phones like Xiaomi and Huwaei. Top end specs for 300 bucks or less depending on model. 

As for the apple phones, I'd at least get the 5s those seems to be holding on better than the 5 with current updates.

Quote:Depending on who your carrier is your options are quite varied. If you are not on Verizon or Sprint you can take advantage of the impressive array of chinese and korean android phones like Xiaomi and Huwaei. Top end specs for 300 bucks or less depending on model.

As for the apple phones, I'd at least get the 5s those seems to be holding on better than the 5 with current updates.

Huawei is making some impressive looking phones. I'd be interested to see their long term performance. I love my Pixel XL. But they are pricey.
Also, it seems like you should be able to get a 5 cheaper than $120.

My work cell is a Galaxy 7, my personal cell is a BLU

Only $600 difference, and the BLU does as much as my G7 for the features I use.  I think the G7 is 5", and the BLU is 6".

My old eyes like the BLU better.  Amazon $120ish, Quad processor, 13mp rear, 5mp front (iirc) ...

Most importantly ... Who is your service provider? GSM over CDMA all day long is by far the better system.

Quote:My work cell is a Galaxy 7, my personal cell is a BLU

Only $600 difference, and the BLU does as much as my G7 for the features I use. I think the G7 is 5", and the BLU is 6".

My old eyes like the BLU better. Amazon $120ish, Quad processor, 13mp rear, 5mp front (iirc) ...

Most importantly ... Who is your service provider? GSM over CDMA all day long is by far the better system.
Quote:My work cell is a Galaxy 7, my personal cell is a BLU

Only $600 difference, and the BLU does as much as my G7 for the features I use. I think the G7 is 5", and the BLU is 6".

My old eyes like the BLU better. Amazon $120ish, Quad processor, 13mp rear, 5mp front (iirc) ...

AT&T

BLU vivo xl2.....$150. Yes? No?
Quote:I've never had an iPhone, but I remember a family member saying they liked their 5 better than the 6 they'd recently acquired.
Very llittle difference between the 5 and 6. I liked my 5 too. Very good phone Ringo that'll more then suit your needs.

Quote:My Android Samsung 4 is starting to lose its abilities. I'm not into buying a new $600 plus phone. My uses are for the phone itself, texts, photos and gps. I don't use online stuff much.

Anyway...am I wasting my money on an iPhone 5....$ 120? Or will it be obsolete too soon. I think the iPhone is new.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I personally would not buy an iphone or anything else Apple for that matter.  I currently use my Galaxy S4 with no issues.  For the uses that you list, I can't imagine what kind of issues you are having.
Quote:I personally would not buy an iphone or anything else Apple for that matter. I currently use my Galaxy S4 with no issues. For the uses that you list, I can't imagine what kind of issues you are having.
Bad reception. Missed calls. Etc. Didn't have issues before, in fact it's why I switched from T-Mobile to att.

Appreciate all the input.