Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Russia will not abide by the Geneva Convention in treatment of American POW's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Patton was right, we should have went after those Commie Clowns back in 1945.......

After What Russia Just Announced About American POWs, Anything Less Than Immediate Action from Biden Is Unthinkable

Two Americans have been captured by Russian forces in Ukraine.
Alexander Drueke and Andy Huynh are both from Alabama. Drueke is an Army veteran, and Huynh is a Marine Corps veteran.
The two men were fighting with a unit of the Ukrainian military northeast of Kharkiv last week, according to The Telegraph.

https://www.westernjournal.com/russia-ju...IEnupQ6WqE
They're Ukrainian military troops of American birth.
If they're 'soldiers of fortune' Russia doesn't have to observe the Geneva Convention. Russia sees them as such but are they? I don't know.
(06-24-2022, 04:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]If they're 'soldiers of fortune' Russia doesn't have to observe the Geneva Convention. Russia sees them as such but are they? I don't know.

Article said they were enlisted in the army of Ukraine. Take it for what it's worth.
(06-24-2022, 04:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]If they're 'soldiers of fortune' Russia doesn't have to observe the Geneva Convention. Russia sees them as such but are they? I don't know.
(06-24-2022, 04:13 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2022, 04:12 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]If they're 'soldiers of fortune' Russia doesn't have to observe the Geneva Convention. Russia sees them as such but are they? I don't know.

Article said they were enlisted in the army of Ukraine. Take it for what it's worth.
What matters is their citizenship/residency before the war and what their actual status in the army was.

Mercenaries are not governed by any laws. If foreign fighters joined up and were being paid to fight Russia, they are not part of the army even if they were taking direct orders.

As far as I know, these 2 were mercenaries and therefore will be put to death shortly. Russia is setting up trials in the local areas that they have taken over/freed for the Russian people living there. Supposedly that should be happening within days.

These 2 were probably questioned for any info, then will be tried, convicted, and put to death. Russia has also bombed the living quarters for many of the foreign fighters. There are heavy loses from them as Russia says they don't even have to take them hostage and can flat out kill them on the battlefield after surrendering.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk