Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Here's one of your Leaders Democrats......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
She doesn't give a Rats [BLEEP] about you, or this country..... She should be working to solve the Nations problems, not working on her suntan.......

Nancy Pelosi goes on lavish Italian vacation as inflation back home hits 40-year high

Pelosi was photographed at the luxurious Alpemare Beach Club in Forte dei Marmi

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi spent time during the two-week July Fourth congressional recess at a ritzy resort in Italy owned by a renowned Italian opera tenor, while Americans faced the country's highest inflation since the 1980s.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/nancy-p...-year-high
Not sure I care, Pelosi is rich and it's vacation season.
(07-10-2022, 08:23 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure I care, Pelosi is rich and it's vacation season.

Wow. A healthy attitude! Let's hope it's contagious.
She wanted to holiday in your head, but that's full with every other democrat who gets to live rent free in there.
(07-10-2022, 08:23 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure I care, Pelosi is rich and it's vacation season.
(07-10-2022, 09:26 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Wow. A healthy attitude! Let's hope it's contagious.
The problem is she has gotten rich off of America and probably he families history.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(07-10-2022, 05:33 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]She wanted to holiday in your head, but that's full with every other democrat who gets to live rent free in there.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...f=1&nofb=1]
(07-10-2022, 07:19 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2022, 09:26 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Wow. A healthy attitude! Let's hope it's contagious.
The problem is she has gotten rich off of America and probably he families history.

Nancy is very wealthy.  Wealthier than me.  But I can afford to vacation in the Italian Riviera too. My cousins were there last year.  Let's not begrudge people their leisure time and luxuries.  It's not as if she was eating sushi off the chests of human trafficking victims.  It's not as if she was eating poached bald eagle eggs.  She was just at a nice house on a nice beach. So what?
(07-10-2022, 07:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2022, 07:19 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]The problem is she has gotten rich off of America and probably he families history.

Nancy is very wealthy.  Wealthier than me.  But I can afford to vacation in the Italian Riviera too. My cousins were there last year.  Let's not begrudge people their leisure time and luxuries.  It's not as if she was eating sushi off the chests of human trafficking victims.  It's not as if she was eating poached bald eagle eggs.  She was just at a nice house on a nice beach. So what?

The 'so what' is that if this was a Republican, a la Cruz, then it's a huge media story. But, basically, I agree with you. Unless the country is being invaded and we need to vote on a declaration of war, then who cares. The longer shes out of the country, the better off we are anyway.
I couldn't care less about a vacation, everyone needs time away. However I do care about rules for thee and not for me type of crap. Paul Pelosi had just been arrested for felony DUI yet was able to leave the country that quickly? I don't think most folks would have that kind of flexibility in their travel with a pending case.

Also just in the news today, Paul just happened to invest MILLIONS in a semiconductor company right before the house voted to grant subsidies the benefits the company. This has happened numerous times with the Pelosi family. The house and senate have inside information on the status of these things and it should be considered insider trading to financially benefit from upcoming votes. This will never be brought up by the ethics committee though.

Some people are just above the law and to hell with the little people.
(07-17-2022, 09:33 AM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't care less about a vacation, everyone needs time away.  However I do care about rules for thee and not for me type of crap.  Paul Pelosi had just been arrested for felony DUI yet was able to leave the country that quickly?  I don't think most folks would have that kind of flexibility in their travel with a pending case.

Also just in the news today, Paul just happened to invest MILLIONS in a semiconductor company right before the house voted to grant subsidies the benefits the company.  This has happened numerous times with the Pelosi family.  The house and senate have inside information on the status of these things and it should be considered insider trading to financially benefit from upcoming votes.  This will never be brought up by the ethics committee though.

Not everything is as it seems.  It seems that Pelosi exercised options in Nvidia that were expiring on 6/17.  He bought them on 6/13.  He exercised the options to buy at a pre-split strike price of $400.  FYI - he made a loss on the transaction.  Would have been better off just buying the Nvidia shares on 6/17 than trading options.
(07-17-2022, 05:27 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2022, 09:33 AM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't care less about a vacation, everyone needs time away.  However I do care about rules for thee and not for me type of crap.  Paul Pelosi had just been arrested for felony DUI yet was able to leave the country that quickly?  I don't think most folks would have that kind of flexibility in their travel with a pending case.

Also just in the news today, Paul just happened to invest MILLIONS in a semiconductor company right before the house voted to grant subsidies the benefits the company.  This has happened numerous times with the Pelosi family.  The house and senate have inside information on the status of these things and it should be considered insider trading to financially benefit from upcoming votes.  This will never be brought up by the ethics committee though.

Not everything is as it seems.  It seems that Pelosi exercised options in Nvidia that were expiring on 6/17.  He bought them on 6/13.  He exercised the options to buy at a pre-split strike price of $400.  FYI - he made a loss on the transaction.  Would have been better off just buying the Nvidia shares on 6/17 than trading options.

So then use of insider info is only illegal if the participants make money?
Uh oh. I just went on vacation (to Europe) in lieu of working those 2 weeks to solve the issues of the corporation that I work for.
(07-18-2022, 03:11 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2022, 05:27 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]Not everything is as it seems.  It seems that Pelosi exercised options in Nvidia that were expiring on 6/17.  He bought them on 6/13.  He exercised the options to buy at a pre-split strike price of $400.  FYI - he made a loss on the transaction.  Would have been better off just buying the Nvidia shares on 6/17 than trading options.

So then use of insider info is only illegal if the participants make money?

The filing shows he exercised 200 call options for 20,000 shares on the 17th.  The vote on the 52 billion subsidy is on Tuesday.  He has not sold these shares, he bought them.  To say well he could have bought them cheaper so he lost money is not accurate.  What do you think the 52 billion subsidy is going to do for the stock price.
(07-18-2022, 12:14 PM)MyBloodIsTeal Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2022, 03:11 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]So then use of insider info is only illegal if the participants make money?

The filing shows he exercised 200 call options for 20,000 shares on the 17th.  The vote on the 52 billion subsidy is on Tuesday.  He has not sold these shares, he bought them.  To say well he could have bought them cheaper so he lost money is not accurate.  What do you think the 52 billion subsidy is going to do for the stock price.

The options expired on the 6/17.  That's why he exercised the options.  I has nothing to do with the vote.  If you want to look at insider trading, then you need to go back to 6/13 when they were purchased.
(07-18-2022, 04:06 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]The options expired on the 6/17.  That's why he exercised the options.  I has nothing to do with the vote.  If you want to look at insider trading, then you need to go back to 6/13 when they were purchased.

Why did he purchase them? Did a vote get delayed that was supposed to happen? Did they want some cover so they made the purchase +30 days so they could say it wasn't insider knowledge?

The losing money part should show even more that they suck at stocks without knowing what congress is going to do or have knowledge of things that are happening that are not public info. Pelosi is better at the stock market than any brokerage out there. She could be making a killing by providing her services to pick stocks ..... but then that opens up the insider trading and how she has done so much better than everyone else. Let's have her show us her algorithm.
(07-18-2022, 05:07 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2022, 04:06 PM)captivating Wrote: [ -> ]The options expired on the 6/17.  That's why he exercised the options.  I has nothing to do with the vote.  If you want to look at insider trading, then you need to go back to 6/13 when they were purchased.

Why did he purchase them? Did a vote get delayed that was supposed to happen? Did they want some cover so they made the purchase +30 days so they could say it wasn't insider knowledge?

The losing money part should show even more that they suck at stocks without knowing what congress is going to do or have knowledge of things that are happening that are not public info. Pelosi is better at the stock market than any brokerage out there. She could be making a killing by providing her services to pick stocks ..... but then that opens up the insider trading and how she has done so much better than everyone else. Let's have her show us her algorithm.

Everyone seems to be missing the point here. If you are an elected official, and you have inside information that you know will affect a company for good or bad, then you or your family should be recused from having any financial dealings with that company. What about those Georgia Repubs who got raked over the coals for financial dealings that were tied to alleged inside info? It came to light and they lost their elections. The same should hold true for the Pelosi's, but I'm not holding my breath.
(07-18-2022, 09:19 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]Uh oh.  I just went on vacation (to Europe) in lieu of working those 2 weeks to solve the issues of the corporation that I work for.

You're fired!
(07-18-2022, 05:40 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2022, 05:07 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Why did he purchase them? Did a vote get delayed that was supposed to happen? Did they want some cover so they made the purchase +30 days so they could say it wasn't insider knowledge?

Everyone seems to be missing the point here. If you are an elected official, and you have inside information that you know will affect a company for good or bad, then you or your family should be recused from having any financial dealings with that company. What about those Georgia Repubs who got raked over the coals for financial dealings that were tied to alleged inside info? It came to light and they lost their elections. The same should hold true for the Pelosi's, but I'm not holding my breath.

She's been doing it her whole career. Just look at her net worth grow over the years. It fits her family though, they have ties to one of the mafias.

I agree that all officials should be forbidden from owning individual stocks. I would even go as far as all immediate family needs to move all stocks into funds that are publicly available. Other option would be to forbid them from owning any stock in companies that get any money from the government, either contractors or companies getting tax breaks. That would take most companies they could influence off the market for them.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(07-17-2022, 01:07 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-10-2022, 07:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Nancy is very wealthy.  Wealthier than me.  But I can afford to vacation in the Italian Riviera too.  My cousins were there last year.  Let's not begrudge people their leisure time and luxuries.  It's not as if she was eating sushi off the chests of human trafficking victims.  It's not as if she was eating poached bald eagle eggs.  She was just at a nice house on a nice beach. So what?

The 'so what' is that if this was a Republican, a la Cruz, then it's a huge media story. But, basically, I agree with you. Unless the country is being invaded and we need to vote on a declaration of war, then who cares. The longer shes out of the country, the better off we are anyway.

Cruz left his state during an energy crisis that was unprecedented to avoid what his constituents were experiencing.  This is not the same.
(07-19-2022, 03:23 AM)Khan Artist Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-17-2022, 01:07 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]The 'so what' is that if this was a Republican, a la Cruz, then it's a huge media story. But, basically, I agree with you. Unless the country is being invaded and we need to vote on a declaration of war, then who cares. The longer shes out of the country, the better off we are anyway.

Cruz left his state during an energy crisis that was unprecedented to avoid what his constituents were experiencing.  This is not the same.

You are correct, it is not the same. Pelosi is using her office to personally enrich herself and her family with millions of dollars she might otherwise have never made on her own. Cruz avoided a couple of days of cold weather.

Bad optics? Yes. But IMO, getting rich by the millions using the privilege of your elected position is far worse.
Pages: 1 2