Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I'd work for this guy any day of the week......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ohio McDonald's franchise owner, a veteran, paid workers amid closure: 'I've been in their shoes'

Franchise owner Tony Philiou paid his employees every single week while his restaurant was closed for renovations

When McDonald’s franchise owner Tony Philiou had to close his location for renovations, his employees didn’t have to worry about whether they'd receive their next paycheck or not.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/oh...s-decision
That’s what real men/women /business owners do. She/He realizes that his employees make or break him. Like, well, in every other industry. This shouldn’t even be a story. But sadly it it. Every employer should kiss their employees butt to a degree.
(07-16-2022, 08:22 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Ohio McDonald's franchise owner, a veteran, paid workers amid closure: 'I've been in their shoes'

Franchise owner Tony Philiou paid his employees every single week while his restaurant was closed for renovations

When McDonald’s franchise owner Tony Philiou had to close his location for renovations, his employees didn’t have to worry about whether they'd receive their next paycheck or not.

As Jags said, this is a sign of a wise owner. Not only does he get some reputation for being a good person, but when the renovations are done he's still got knowledgeable, experienced staff ready to go with little to no need to hire and train newbs.
(07-18-2022, 09:07 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-16-2022, 08:22 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Ohio McDonald's franchise owner, a veteran, paid workers amid closure: 'I've been in their shoes'

As Jags said, this is a sign of a wise owner. Not only does he get some reputation for being a good person, but when the renovations are done he's still got knowledgeable, experienced staff ready to go with little to no need to hire and train newbs.

Knowledgeable/experienced staff? LOL. Love the owner and what he did here, but c'mon. I'm still looking for a McD's here in Jax where the staff can even get your order correct in under 10 minutes.

Would McDonald's pay for your employee transfer relocation fee?

(07-18-2022, 12:57 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-18-2022, 09:07 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]As Jags said, this is a sign of a wise owner. Not only does he get some reputation for being a good person, but when the renovations are done he's still got knowledgeable, experienced staff ready to go with little to no need to hire and train newbs.

Knowledgeable/experienced staff?  LOL.  Love the owner and what he did here, but c'mon. I'm still looking for a McD's here in Jax where the staff can even get your order correct in under 10 minutes.

Give you three guesses why I haven't eaten at a McD's in a decade.
I'd also be willing to wager that the ones you frequent are both paying minimal wage and not managed by someone who treats their employees as the franchise owner in the story above did. Both of those factors go a long way in shaping expected results.

(07-18-2022, 01:53 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]

I doubt they'd pay it twice Smile