Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Stories like this are becoming a daily read, But not on the legacy media sites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These kind of stories do not fit the Legacy medias (or the Democrats) narrative so they bury them. Thank God for alternative news sites and the 2nd amendment!

Armed Homeowner Ends Neighborhood Crime Spree with Deadly Aim, Police Heard Just One Shot

A man who allegedly attacked at least four different households in Lincoln County, Mississippi, on Tuesday morning was stopped thanks to the decisive action of one responsible gun owner.

https://www.westernjournal.com/armed-hom...9dCoLBuL1s
A daily read you say?

While it's a great story, these kinds of stories are too frequent

Dennis Anderson was driving with his wife along Highway 18 in Oregon when a driver behaving 'erratically' shot him to death

https://www.foxnews.com/us/oregon-dad-3-...iper-fluid
As long as there are evil people there will be evil things happening.

As long as there are good people there will be good things happening.

That's the way the world turns.
(07-21-2022, 11:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]As long as there are evil people there will be evil things happening.

"Good" and "Evil" are a matter of perspective.
(07-22-2022, 08:26 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2022, 11:52 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]As long as there are evil people there will be evil things happening.

That statement could be the beginning of a huge philosophical argument.

Of course, but the interesting question is, would a reduction of peoples' ability to legally carry weapons cause more or less evil things to happen?  If a government agent tells me I can't have a certain type of gun, that's morally neutral in and of itself.  No one has been harmed yet.  But later an evil thing may happen that I could have stopped if I had a gun.  Or not.
(07-22-2022, 12:42 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Of course, but the interesting question is, would a reduction of peoples' ability to legally carry weapons cause more or less evil things to happen?  If a government agent tells me I can't have a certain type of gun, that's morally neutral in and of itself.  No one has been harmed yet.  But later an evil thing may happen that I could have stopped if I had a gun.  Or not.

Nope, that's blatantly evil.
(07-22-2022, 08:26 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]

It's pretty clear in this context. Drifter's example is the "good" while captivating's example is the "evil".