Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jimmy Smith - FlemLoRaps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
https://youtu.be/ShkDupLezD4

Nice background on Jimmy Smith. FlemLo has a great channel in general. Has done many different stories on a variety of players.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Love this channel so much, crazy to see some of the backstories of NFL players and how they got into some wild [BLEEP] lol
Jimmy will always be one of the best WRs of all time to me.

220 against the Saints and 291 against the Ravens.
So good to hear Jimmy is sober and doing well. Wish the video didn't speculate as much as to when and where Jimmy started using illegal drugs, but it didn't look like Jimmy's story was going to end well, for a while there. Glad to see he turned it around.
(08-03-2022, 02:30 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]So good to hear Jimmy is sober and doing well.  Wish the video didn't speculate as much as to when and where Jimmy started using illegal drugs, but it didn't look like Jimmy's story was going to end well, for a while there.  Glad to see he turned it around.

The last time he was on 1010 he was doing very well.
He belongs in the hall of fame along with Freddy T.
(07-30-2022, 02:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]https://youtu.be/ShkDupLezD4

Nice background on Jimmy Smith. FlemLo has a great channel in general. Has done many different stories on a variety of players.

Pretty cool video.

Jimmy Smith is my all-time favorite Jaguars player, despite his off field demons.  He has overcome many obstacles in his life.  From being ill when he was first drafted to his struggle with addiction.  He has succeeded and overcome so much in his life.

In my opinion, he should get into the HoF because of his accomplishments playing the game.  He is truly one of the all time greats.
(08-04-2022, 03:42 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-30-2022, 02:59 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]https://youtu.be/ShkDupLezD4

Pretty cool video.

Jimmy Smith is my all-time favorite Jaguars player, despite his off field demons.  He has overcome many obstacles in his life.  From being ill when he was first drafted to his struggle with addiction.  He has succeeded and overcome so much in his life.

In my opinion, he should get into the HoF because of his accomplishments playing the game.  He is truly one of the all time greats.

I agree. I think when he retired he was 7th in yards.
I think he'll eventually get in. As will Fred Taylor. Tony going in certainly helps with exposure. If anybody is interested in catching up with Freddy he's also got his own podcast show with Ryan Clark and Channing Crowder. They started up about six months ago but they're very fun to listen to as a trio. Will be even more fun now with football back in full swing. It's called the Pivot Podcast.

Fred also appeared on Barstool Sports Bussin' with the Boys. It's a pretty good show with Taylor Lewan and Will Compton hosting.
I dont think a drug addiction will keep him out. I'm not sure what is keeping him out except for the fact that no superbowl appearances which could have and should have happened. That's the way the ball rolls. Its extremely difficult to get to and win the superbowl. Anyways jags players get under appreciated in general.
I will always remember being in the stadium and watching the Jags play the Patriots. Jimmy lined up across from HOFer Ty Law who was having an amazing year leading the league with 9 interceptions. The Patriots coaching staff was giving the player that was having a defensive player of the year candidate help on nearly every play. With 12 minutes left in the game the Patriots finally gave the opportunity to go one on one with J-Smooth. The result was as predictable as a Michael Jordan on John Starks iso play. Jimmy beat him like a steel drum. Mark Brunnell took a 3 step drop, lofted a bomb and watched Jimmy run under the ball perfectly. That was Jimmy in his prime, he would simply smoke fools and it was a true job to see him perform his craft.
3rd and 5, James pressed Jimmy Smith up in Denver during the 1996 divisional playoffs. Mark took 3 steps and threw an absolute dime to Smith, who caught another gear and scored the TD.