Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars vs Raiders! Jags football is back on Thursday!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I couldn't believe it when I saw the Jags are playing their first preseason game this Thursday at 8pm against the Raiders.  I hope to see the starters play at least a couple of drives but I guess we are going to see how cautious Pederson is with the starters.  At the least we should get a good look at Travon Walker, lloyd and the rest of the rookies.
I know it wont happen, because of injury concerns. But I think there is tremendous value in giving the starters especially the QB more time in the preseason. I think that is why we saw Gardner Minshew play so well early on... he was just more prepped than the rest.
You just now found out that the Jags are playing in the HoF game vs the Raiders this Thursday?? lol

We likely wont (and shouldn't) see much of any of the projected starters in this game. This game should be all about giving the guys on the back end of the roster the playing time. Gives our team some more game tape to watch on them, but also saves our 1s/2s from risking injury vs a bunch of the Raiders' scrubs in the most meaningless, of meaningless games.

Also to update you, Lloyd is/has been nursing a hamstring since the start of camp and hasn't practiced besides some sideline stuff.. So it'd be pretty dumb if they played him in this game.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the game because it means football is officially back baby. This Sunday (the 31st) is the last Sunday without football until like mid February  Banana  We made it boys  Banana
(08-01-2022, 05:00 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]You just now found out that the Jags are playing in the HoF game vs the Raiders this Thursday?? lol

We likely wont (and shouldn't) see much of any of the projected starters in this game. This game should be all about giving the guys on the back end of the roster the playing time. Gives our team some more game tape to watch on them, but also saves our 1s/2s from risking injury vs a bunch of the Raiders' scrubs in the most meaningless, of meaningless games.

Also to update you, Lloyd is/has been nursing a hamstring since the start of camp and hasn't practiced besides some sideline stuff.. So it'd be pretty dumb if they played him in this game.

With that said, I'm looking forward to the game because it means football is officially back baby. This Sunday (the 31st) is the last Sunday without football until like mid February  Banana  We made it boys  Banana

I'll be honest, I was kinda shocked last week when I saw someone say we had a game the following week. I feel like when I was younger the offseason felt so long that I basically counted down the days.. now time goes by so fast lol.
(08-01-2022, 05:47 AM)ChrisJagBoy Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2022, 05:00 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]You just now found out that the Jags are playing in the HoF game vs the Raiders this Thursday?? lol

I'll be honest, I was kinda shocked last week when I saw someone say we had a game the following week. I feel like when I was younger the offseason felt so long that I basically counted down the days.. now time goes by so fast lol.

It definitely feels shorter once camp starts in recent days. I remember when they were at camp on July 10th for a July 29th opening preseason game. Definitely few camp days now.
(08-01-2022, 03:08 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't believe it when I saw the Jags are playing their first preseason game this Thursday at 8pm against the Raiders.  

Were you one of the persons that we left behind in Afghanistan?  Welcome Home !!!
Read that teams will be required to wear Guardian Caps (those padded helmet covers) thru the first couple of preseason games. Did I misread that? Hope so.
I am looking forward to seeing the backend of the WRs play. Can any step up and contend to beat out Treadwell for the last roster spot, or catch a lead for a practice squad position? In particular, I want to see if the Winningham buzz I have heard shows something in the game, or if Austin was worthy of the large undrafted guaranteed money, or if Cotton can show he has developed going into year 2....
(08-01-2022, 03:08 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't believe it when I saw the Jags are playing their first preseason game this Thursday at 8pm against the Raiders.  I hope to see the starters play at least a couple of drives but I guess we are going to see how cautious Pederson is with the starters.  At the least we should get a good look at Travon Walker, lloyd and the rest of the rookies.

Meh.  It's going to be more of a scrimmage than pre-season games.  Nothing particularly special.
(08-01-2022, 01:52 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]Read that teams will be required to wear Guardian Caps (those padded helmet covers) thru the first couple of preseason games.  Did I misread that?  Hope so.

I think it's just for the practices during pre-season, not the actual games.
(08-01-2022, 05:03 PM)ITalented Kalamari Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2022, 01:52 PM)Rockman1966 Wrote: [ -> ]Read that teams will be required to wear Guardian Caps (those padded helmet covers) thru the first couple of preseason games.  Did I misread that?  Hope so.

I think it's just for the practices during pre-season, not the actual games.
OK, thanks.  With all the craziness you never know.
So hungry for some football. It's finally here sort of. Preseason is better than nothing
Hoping to see flashes from the bubble players and depth/rotational guys.
About all you can hope for in a HOF game.

Players to watch IMO:

secondary:
Franklin, Brown, Junior, Thomas

DL/OLB
Tufele, Chaisson, Hamilton, Berry

OL:
Anyone they use really - depth is unsettled ATM

TE
Prince and Gunter

WR
Winningham, Austin and Tim Jones

RB
Armstead, Seargent, Conner, Cottrell
(08-01-2022, 01:49 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-01-2022, 03:08 AM)jaguarmvp Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn't believe it when I saw the Jags are playing their first preseason game this Thursday at 8pm against the Raiders.  

Were you one of the persons that we left behind in Afghanistan?  Welcome Home !!!

[Image: MV5BMjA3MjA1MzE4M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNzg4MjU3._V1_.jpg]
It is Jeff Cotton's time to shine.
We'll be playing the guys listed as 3rd and 4th string on our depth chart.  That'll be interesting.  

I think we might see K'Lavon Chaisson in a last ditch attempt to salvage his career.  He'll get his chance against 3rd and 4th stringers on the Raiders.

Also, according to the published depth chart, 6th round pick Greg Junior is not making the team.  I think we'll see a lot of him.

I Concur to ALL of the above.

NH3...
(08-02-2022, 06:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]We'll be playing the guys listed as 3rd and 4th string on our depth chart.  That'll be interesting.  

I think we might see K'Lavon Chaisson in a last ditch attempt to salvage his career.  He'll get his chance against 3rd and 4th stringers on the Raiders.

Also, according to the published depth chart, 6th round pick Greg Junior is not making the team.  I think we'll see a lot of him.

If Chiasson can't show out against scrubs, he's doomed.
(08-02-2022, 08:39 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-02-2022, 06:08 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]We'll be playing the guys listed as 3rd and 4th string on our depth chart.  That'll be interesting.  

If Chiasson can't show out against scrubs, he's doomed.

Can't find the article now, but some random sportswriter said he expected Chaisson to have a 'breakout year'.  Not sure how he drew that conclusion.

What is a breakout year for him anyway?  3 sacks?  2?
(08-02-2022, 08:42 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-02-2022, 08:39 AM)Mikey Wrote: [ -> ]If Chiasson can't show out against scrubs, he's doomed.

Can't find the article now, but some random sportswriter said he expected Chaisson to have a 'breakout year'.  Not sure how he drew that conclusion.

What is a breakout year for him anyway?  3 sacks?  2?

He's going to break out of the National Football League and become a car salesman.
Pages: 1 2