Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: President Obama: Americans Are Lazy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

In Laos, Obama Repeatedly Calls Americans ‘Lazy’

T-thanks for apologizing to Laos for me Mr. President, I am just a dirty, lazy American pig. Please Laotians, take our jobs, reparations, and anything else you can empty from our pockets because we don't deserve it. We are just a culture of laziness.

Sad

t. Typical American Lefty

Says the guy who has taken more vacations, spent more money on leisure and played more golf than any of his predecessors.

Only a liberal could elect a loser who actually hates America.

I have something to say, but I would get a warning...possibly banned.

...better left unsaid.

Words can not express they way I feel about the current occupant of 1600 Pennsylvania Ave

Quote:In Laos, Obama Repeatedly Calls Americans ‘Lazy’

T-thanks for apologizing to Laos for me Mr. President, I am just a dirty, lazy American pig. Please Laotians, take our jobs, reparations, and anything else you can empty from our pockets because we don't deserve it. We are just a culture of laziness.

Sad

t. Typical American Lefty

You are so easily manipulated.
Any of you actually bother to read to what he actually said?

Not a fan of the bum, but this is sensationalist writing.
Quote:Any of you actually bother to read to what he actually said?

“Usually when you see the environment destroyed, it’s not because it’s necessary for development,” Obama said. “It’s usually because we’re being lazy and we’re not being as creative as we could be about how to do it in a smarter, more sustainable way.”

“The United States is and can be a great force for good in the world. But because we’re such a big country, we haven’t always had to know about other parts of the world,” he said. “If you’re in the United States, sometimes you can feel lazy and think we’re so big we don’t have to really know anything about other people.”

Sounds like he is projecting, to be honest. Why generalize Americans like that? He sure as hell isn't speaking for me.
Obama isn't wrong

I'm just waiting for self driving cars.
Funny how the article linked in the first post did not even include his entire quote.

Where is he wrong here?

“I believe that the United States is and can be a force for good in the world,” he told the audience. “But because we’re such a big country, we haven’t always had to know about other parts of the world.”

“If you are in Laos, you need to know about Thailand and China and Cambodia, because you’re a small country and they’re right next door and you need to know who they are,” he continued. “If you’re in the United States, sometimes you can feel lazy and think, you know, we’re so big we don’t have to really know anything about other people.”

“That’s part of what I’m trying to change, because this is actually the region that’s going to grow faster than anyplace in the world,” Obama continued.
Sadly, I agree with Barry in a sense. The upcoming generation is full of entitlement and laziness. 

Quote:Sadly, I agree with Barry in a sense. The upcoming generation is full of entitlement and laziness.

Every generation is dogged by the older generation.

Remember when Generation X was going to be the ruin of America?
Quote: 

Funny how the article linked in the first post did not even include his entire quote.

Where is he wrong here?

<div>“I believe that the United States is and can be a force for good in the world,” he told the audience. “But because we’re such a big country, we haven’t always had to know about other parts of the world.”

“If you are in Laos, you need to know about Thailand and China and Cambodia, because you’re a small country and they’re right next door and you need to know who they are,” he continued. “If you’re in the United States, sometimes you can feel lazy and think, you know, we’re so big we don’t have to really know anything about other people.”

“That’s part of what I’m trying to change, because this is actually the region that’s going to grow faster than anyplace in the world,” Obama continued.

</div>

I've gotten banned for posting too much of articles, so I try to keep it limited lately. I did post the quotes a few posts down.
Quote:I've gotten banned for posting too much of articles, so I try to keep it limited lately. I did post the quotes a few posts down.

Not you. I am speaking of the article itself.
Not everyone gets a free ride to college as an exchange student, gets handouts from "mentors," and lives off the riches of the people for a living... as he did/does/will forever do.

Some have to work for an honest dollar, through honest living.

Quote:Not everyone gets a free ride to college as an exchange student, gets handouts from "mentors," and lives off the riches of the people for a living... as he did/does/will forever do.

Some have to work for an honest dollar, through honest living.

Or get millions of dollars from daddy to start your business. Or overcharge your campaign to rent property you own. Or hold out on a charitable contribution to vets until the media calls you out on it. Or pretend you are injured so you don't have to serve in the Vietnam war.

Some people have to put an honest day's work in.
Quote:Or get millions of dollars from daddy to start your business. Or overcharge your campaign to rent property you own. Or hold out on a charitable contribution to vets until the media calls you out on it. Or pretend you are injured so you don't have to serve in the Vietnam war.

Some people have to put an honest day's work in.

Repaid loan.

I wonder how the foundation's slush fund will be repaid?  Look around to the destruction her policies have caused, and there's our answer.
Quote:Repaid loan.

I wonder how the foundation's slush fund will be repaid? Look around to the destruction her policies have caused, and there's our answer.

Obama's foundation? What?

And your defense is that he repaid the loan to his dad? Haha!!
Quote:Repaid loan.

I wonder how the foundation's slush fund will be repaid?  Look around to the destruction her policies have caused, and there's our answer.

Depends on when the slush fund donation was made. A lot of it may have already been paid back.

Many donors to Clinton Foundation met with her at State

"At least 85 of 154 people from private interests who met or had phone conversations scheduled with Clinton while she led the State Department donated to her family charity or pledged commitments to its international programs, according to a review of State Department calendars released so far to The Associated Press. Combined, the 85 donors contributed as much as $156 million. At least 40 donated more than $100,000 each, and 20 gave more than $1 million."

Wew. Now lets look at her biggest donors excluding the Foundation:

Paloma Partners $11,111,100

Saban Capital Group $10,041,362

Renaissance Technologies $9,521,500

Pritzker Group $8,323,257

Soros Fund Management $7,043,700

Unilever $6,016,746

Newsweb Corp $5,013,500

Laborers Union $5,005,869

Carpenters & Joiners Union $3,505,400

Laurel Foundation $3,422,713

DE Shaw Research $3,054,306

Plumbers/Pipefitters Union $3,007,255

Herb & Marion Sandler/Sandler Foundation $3,002,700

Bohemian Foundation $2,505,400

Fair Share Action $2,405,000

Barbara Lee Family Foundation $2,105,004

American Federation of Teachers $2,072,955

DreamWorks SKG $2,015,700

Operating Engineers Union $2,010,134

BLS Investments $2,002,700

Lets see, Soros, Hedge Funders, Big Banks...that's a lot to repay.

Pages: 1 2 3