Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Worth a watch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This is the type of information we, the people, need to see on the news each night. We have a government with no accountability. I'm confident this video doesn't paint the whole picture, good or bad, but these are the kinds of discussions we need to have. It's what we all agree on, more or less, when we stop thinking about our "team." 

Here's Who REALLY Won the War in Afghanistan - YouTube
Hey Ronster, you want to post in this thread so people will respond?
(08-02-2022, 10:11 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]This is the type of information we, the people, need to see on the news each night. We have a government with no accountability. I'm confident this video doesn't paint the whole picture, good or bad, but these are the kinds of discussions we need to have. It's what we all agree on, more or less, when we stop thinking about our "team." 

It's a bit wanky but good to see something politically neutral.

PS, Ronster might comment if you can show that Hitler profited from the War. Dirty, filthy NAZIs!!!!
What a terrible video.
Great. What's terrible about it?
(08-02-2022, 10:11 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]This is the type of information we, the people, need to see on the news each night. We have a government with no accountability. I'm confident this video doesn't paint the whole picture, good or bad, but these are the kinds of discussions we need to have. It's what we all agree on, more or less, when we stop thinking about our "team." 

I don't disagree with anything in that video except for the way he presents it as if it is some kind of expose'.  Wars cost money, and the big advantage the United States has over most other countries is their huge defense budget and the ability to throw money at things.  

No doubt that members of Congress should not be allowed to own individual stocks.  

But really, there's nothing in that video that is not public knowledge already.  Wars cost money, we live in a capitalistic society and people are incentivized by profit.  It's why we have the best weapons in the world.
(08-03-2022, 09:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't disagree with anything in that video except for the way he presents it as if it is some kind of expose'.  Wars cost money, and the big advantage the United States has over most other countries is their huge defense budget and the ability to throw money at things.  

No doubt that members of Congress should not be allowed to own individual stocks.  

But really, there's nothing in that video that is not public knowledge already.  Wars cost money, we live in a capitalistic society and people are incentivized by profit.  It's why we have the best weapons in the world.

I couldn’t get past the intro. Exasperated tones, edgy music, flash editing and fast zooms quickly tune me out. 

Making profits from war is nothing new. Daddy Warbucks was conceived as a character in the Little Orphan Annie comic strip a hundred years ago.
(08-03-2022, 09:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2022, 09:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I don't disagree with anything in that video except for the way he presents it as if it is some kind of expose'.  Wars cost money, and the big advantage the United States has over most other countries is their huge defense budget and the ability to throw money at things.  

I couldn’t get past the intro. Exasperated tones, edgy music, flash editing and fast zooms quickly tune me out. 

Making profits from war is nothing new. Daddy Warbucks was conceived as a character in the Little Orphan Annie comic strip a hundred years ago.
Oh you better watch the whole thing and then come back with a full page report or he is going to be so upset!
(08-03-2022, 09:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2022, 09:15 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I don't disagree with anything in that video except for the way he presents it as if it is some kind of expose'.  Wars cost money, and the big advantage the United States has over most other countries is their huge defense budget and the ability to throw money at things.  

Holding up stacks of paper and calling them "documents" was a bit over the top, too.  Everything he had in his hand was publicly available financial statements that can be printed straight off the internet.  Then he goes "Oh, my God, I've discovered defense industries make money producing weapons!"  Well, duh.  And CEOs have bonuses tied to profits.  Yep.  And sometimes, believe it or not, the government gets cheated.  Yep.

The fact that our industries make money when we fight a war is one of the reasons we're so damn good at it.
(08-03-2022, 09:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2022, 09:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn’t get past the intro. Exasperated tones, edgy music, flash editing and fast zooms quickly tune me out. 

Holding up stacks of paper and calling them "documents" was a bit over the top, too.  Everything he had in his hand was publicly available financial statements that can be printed straight off the internet.  Then he goes "Oh, my God, I've discovered defense industries make money producing weapons!"  Well, duh.  And CEOs have bonuses tied to profits.  Yep.  And sometimes, believe it or not, the government gets cheated.  Yep.

The fact that our industries make money when we fight a war is one of the reasons we're so damn good at it.

There doesn’t have to be a war. An Army rep told me dealing with a well-known aircraft manufacturer and defense contractor is exactly like sitting at a table with the mafia. They make demands and if anything is needed from them, bring a fat checkbook. They’ve been known to send a bill for consultation fees if a customer calls them with questions about a system. The stories I could tell.
(08-03-2022, 08:27 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Great. What's terrible about it?

They covered it pretty well upthread. It's also interesting that he's profiteering off the war through the sponsorship of a commercial therapy service. How dare he. I guess that just shows how easy it is to be consumed by the racketeering scheme that is the government.
(08-02-2022, 10:58 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Ronster, you want to post in this thread so people will respond?

LOL... 

I am just now seeing this...
Oh look... Cleatwood weighs in on another poster. Shocking.

Of course, this video is an oversimplification of what's going on, but we need to start understanding where our money is going and who is profiting. Why does this not make you guys angry? Our indifference is destroying this country. We can only get angry at each other.
(08-03-2022, 09:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2022, 09:30 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I couldn’t get past the intro. Exasperated tones, edgy music, flash editing and fast zooms quickly tune me out. 

It's just not that they make money... it's how they exploit our system to profit. That was not a thorough video, but, let's be honest, if I put a 2 hour, in depth video, how many of you would even watch it? I posted something I thought was short enough to start a discussion about something we should be talking about more regularly. But, whatever... let's keep going on about whichever poster annoys you.
(08-03-2022, 10:57 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Oh look... Cleatwood weighs in on another poster. Shocking.

Of course, this video is an oversimplification of what's going on, but we need to start understanding where our money is going and who is profiting. Why does this not make you guys angry? Our indifference is destroying this country. We can only get angry at each other.

This is why I have him on ignore. He is a troll, he never offers anything of substance to any conversation. Instead, maybe because of a low self esteem; takes every opportunity to attack people personally.
(08-03-2022, 11:20 AM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2022, 10:57 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Oh look... Cleatwood weighs in on another poster. Shocking.

This is why I have him on ignore. He is a troll, he never offers anything of substance to any conversation. Instead, maybe because of a low self esteem; takes every opportunity to attack people personally.
No. Just you because you’re a bad person who believes half this country should die because they don’t have the same political views as you.

That’s all.

Have a great day taking it to the streets!
(08-03-2022, 11:04 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2022, 09:49 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Holding up stacks of paper and calling them "documents" was a bit over the top, too.  Everything he had in his hand was publicly available financial statements that can be printed straight off the internet.  Then he goes "Oh, my God, I've discovered defense industries make money producing weapons!"  Well, duh.  And CEOs have bonuses tied to profits.  Yep.  And sometimes, believe it or not, the government gets cheated.  Yep.

It's just not that they make money... it's how they exploit our system to profit. That was not a thorough video, but, let's be honest, if I put a 2 hour, in depth video, how many of you would even watch it? I posted something I thought was short enough to start a discussion about something we should be talking about more regularly. But, whatever... let's keep going on about whichever poster annoys you.

Erik Prince selling chartered seats out of a collapsing war zone for 6 grand is not something I'm upset about. "He's exploiting them" is nonsense, he's using his resources to provide a service, and a very risky service at that. When the video starts with that kind of trivial stuff it makes it hard to think the other 30 minutes is worth anything, especially with the host's annoying mannerisms and presentation.

This is good stuff !!   I could honestly watch these things all day and sometimes do when I'm hungover.
(08-03-2022, 12:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2022, 11:04 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]It's just not that they make money... it's how they exploit our system to profit. That was not a thorough video, but, let's be honest, if I put a 2 hour, in depth video, how many of you would even watch it? I posted something I thought was short enough to start a discussion about something we should be talking about more regularly. But, whatever... let's keep going on about whichever poster annoys you.

Erik Prince selling chartered seats out of a collapsing war zone for 6 grand is not something I'm upset about. "He's exploiting them" is nonsense, he's using his resources to provide a service, and a very risky service at that. When the video starts with that kind of trivial stuff it makes it hard to think the other 30 minutes is worth anything, especially with the host's annoying mannerisms and presentation.

I love the libertarian principles you have. Could you charter planes out of Afghanistan during this crisis?
(08-03-2022, 03:34 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2022, 12:18 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Erik Prince selling chartered seats out of a collapsing war zone for 6 grand is not something I'm upset about. "He's exploiting them" is nonsense, he's using his resources to provide a service, and a very risky service at that. When the video starts with that kind of trivial stuff it makes it hard to think the other 30 minutes is worth anything, especially with the host's annoying mannerisms and presentation.

I love the libertarian principles you have. Could you charter planes out of Afghanistan during this crisis?

No, I don't own any airplanes.
Pages: 1 2