Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cutting the Cord
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am cutting the cable TV cord and going to Youtube TV.   

Has anyone else done this, and what's been your experience?
I have had Sling now for probably the past three to four years with my ROKU add-on with the TV. I also had pretty bad luck with my antenna and extended antenna in the living room for local channels and games so I went ahead and upgraded my deal with HULU to have access to local channels via streaming. All in all both have been beyond serviceable. I have had next to no issues with picture, speed, delays, etc.

The only time you'll have an issue is if your internet provider is having issues with their networks or a cord was cut outside somewhere on accident. I don't really miss dish nor cable that much at all. And to be quite honest with you. I really spend the grand majority of my time on YouTube in general just watching whatever content I like. There's so much stuff on there that you can learn or go back and watch some really, really old shows or clips from things you can't really find anywhere else.

Also, I am not really savvy with that kind of stuff but I was told you can buy a pretty decent antenna for your roof and if you're good with coordinates and locating satellites online you can technically access whatever the hell you want anywhere on the globe. One guy claimed he had access to well over 9,000 channels and all it took was a specific antenna, that usually runs you anywhere from $50 - $75 a pop, an online receiver that can be connected to your TV via HDMI and a universal remote or keyboard for your laptop/desktop and there's no monthly fees involved.

Now.... whether that's legal? I don't know. But.... was pretty cool to hear about I guess. Haha.
(08-06-2022, 06:26 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I am cutting the cable TV cord and going to Youtube TV.   

Has anyone else done this, and what's been your experience?

My parents cut the cord and went YT also.  They ended up signing up with Dish.  I don’t remember why.  I think it was a combo of my mom and “technology” and the fact they knew I was paying 115 after taxes for my Dish package.  I tried the Fubo free trial for a month and wanted out of my almost 200/mo bill.  I called to cancel Dish and they offered me that price for 2 years.  Was told in 2 years, call back to get the same deal.  So I did.  It’s 125 now. For convenience and the better Dvr I’ll take it.  

Good luck.  It’s tough cutting the cord if there are particular things you’re used to watching regularly or live.  That and the many options.  You do YouTube, plus a another 15 dollar service or two and then it starts to add up to what you were paying at times.
Cut the cord four years ago honestly don't even miss it. After about 6 months you'll cancel the YouTube tv when football is over. I just rotate streaming services based on anything I want to see.