Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Bank Will End Loans for New Gas and Diesel Cars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Now even Banks think they can dictate how we live and what we buy.........

Bank Will End Loans for New Gas and Diesel Cars, Buyers Will Only Get Loans for Right Decision

You may have heard of a company’s “ESG score”: The initials stand for environmental, social and governance — and the scores businesses receive can determine whether they have access to capital and at what interest rate, among other things.

https://www.westernjournal.com/bank-will...n=topdaily
Unless this bank has a monopoly on car loans in Australia, they’re shooting themselves in the foot.
(08-25-2022, 06:02 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Unless this bank has a monopoly on car loans in Australia, they’re shooting themselves in the foot.
They'll get kickbacks for increasing electricity vehicle sales. It also the social credit score so more money for using that.

It's also 2025, so they can change the policy or never implement it and they still get the credit for announcing it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
This is a pretty stupid move.  The stockholders should have some say in this.  I assume they invested for the purpose of making money, not for the purpose of pursuing some perceived social good.
(08-25-2022, 07:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]This is a pretty stupid move.  The stockholders should have some say in this.  I assume they invested for the purpose of making money, not for the purpose of pursuing some perceived social good.

You will be made to care.
(08-25-2022, 07:32 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-25-2022, 07:29 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]This is a pretty stupid move.  The stockholders should have some say in this.  I assume they invested for the purpose of making money, not for the purpose of pursuing some perceived social good.

You will be made to care comply.

FIFY.  Your government is at work.
I'd like to hear StrayaJag's take on this, since he's our resident Austrailian.
Lol. Some of you still just don't get it.
(08-25-2022, 10:22 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Lol. Some of you still just don't get it.

Is it something about a conspiracy by global corporate neo-lib/cons?
I am not a conspiracy theorist. You're just naive.
Eh, just another reason why I hate banks..

Give me a good credit union instead..
This is kind of like when CVS stopped selling tobacco. CVS got a bit of a halo, but other stores kept selling tobacco, so society-wide it made very little difference. Just like most voluntary initiatives.