Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hospital performs gender affirming hysterectomies on children
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are we doing, man?
(08-26-2022, 12:24 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]If the kid wants it and the parents sign off on it, why can't they do it? Why do you guys care so much? Does it really, honestly effect your day to day life(besides reading about it on the internet)? Stop worrying so much about other people's business and worry about your damn selves.

But that's the problem with today. Everybody just has to be upset about something somebody else does or says, or have an opinion about something that has literally nothing to do with them because they so badly want to be apart of other people's business.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying little Joey should get his stuff cut off at 16, or 14 (or younger) because he thinks he's a girl, but if that's what him and his parents decide then so be it. It's their decision, not yours or anybody else's, no matter how much you wish it was.

Now if this hospital, or any others are doing these surgeries etc. on kids without their parents signing off on it, that's a completely different story.
It's child abuse by the parents. The kid can't legally make any decisions and it's usually not the kids making these decisions. They have been groomed by either the parents or someone else to make them feel they have to change their body.

Having major surgery and sterilizing yourself when you haven't even become an adult is stupid. You want to be a boy, then dress like one, act like one, whatever but all that is reversible.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(08-26-2022, 12:35 AM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-26-2022, 12:24 AM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]If the kid wants it and the parents sign off on it, why can't they do it? Why do you guys care so much? Does it really, honestly effect your day to day life(besides reading about it on the internet)? Stop worrying so much about other people's business and worry about your damn selves.

But that's the problem with today. Everybody just has to be upset about something somebody else does or says, or have an opinion about something that has literally nothing to do with them because they so badly want to be apart of other people's business.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying little Joey should get his stuff cut off at 16, or 14 (or younger) because he thinks he's a girl, but if that's what him and his parents decide then so be it. It's their decision, not yours or anybody else's, no matter how much you wish it was.

Now if this hospital, or any others are doing these surgeries etc. on kids without their parents signing off on it, that's a completely different story.
It's child abuse by the parents. The kid can't legally make any decisions and it's usually not the kids making these decisions. They have been groomed by either the parents or someone else to make them feel they have to change their body.

Having major surgery and sterilizing yourself when you haven't even become an adult is stupid. You want to be a boy, then dress like one, act like one, whatever but all that is reversible.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I deleted my post because I knew I'd get responses like this as soon as I hit post.

This is nothing more than assumptions on your part because you disagree with it. You have absolutely no clue about any of their situations, or thoughts. Only what you think/want them to be to fit your narrative. Again, you're trying to think you should decide what's right for somebody else, when it doesn't effect you at all in any way.

Sure there's bad parents and grooming like that does take place, but that can be said for a lot of things. Is it ok that little Joey wants to be a girl, but is afraid to show it because his bigot parents are against it and he knows he'll be an outcast from the bigot family if he acts on it? Nope, but that's a reality that many people have to deal with. Also, there's countless amounts of people who have had a "gender" change because they've always identified/thought of themselves more as a girl, or boy at a young age, even without this so called grooming or influence.

Again, I agree that people that young shouldn't be having those kind of major procedures being done on them, but in this day and age of technology, there's a lot of info out there and kids really aren't as dumb as us adults make them out to be. Yea they aren't seasoned and have the life experience/knowledge as a 35+ year old would have at 12. But today's 12 year old isn't the same as a 12 year old in 1970. Now if parents are forcing their kids into these procedures, that's a different story, but that's just speculation/assumption at this point.

As I said above, it all comes back to... Worry about your damn selves. Stop trying to push what you think/believe is right on other people. I know you so badly want everybody to fall in line with your own thoughts/beliefs, but that's not how it works. The sooner people realize this, the better. Sad thing is this country is so [BLEEP] because of politics/the divide that we're all doomed no matter what. Ya'll are just sheep towing the line and that's exactly what the "MAN" wants. It really is sad.

Edit: And this isn't directed towards any of you especially, I'm just talking more so as a whole for everybody.
I really don’t see a way back from this, why are we allowing this?
I post in other forums that are dominated by liberals. I post the same opinion that I post here. I don't see any downside to a kid taking puberty blockers until age 18. I don't think it's the government's business if someone 18 or over wants to modify their body. But I can see absolutely no reason to surgically remove healthy genitals from anyone under age 18. Puberty blockers give you a chance to change your mind later. Surgery doesnt.

Anyhow I say these things on liberal forums and I get outrage and lectures saying "no one is doing this to kids! it doesn't happen! that's lies and propaganda! How could you think a doctor would do such a thing?"

So then I say, "I'm glad we agree. Let's make it illegal so we can make sure no one does it." They never agree. "We can't change our laws to pander to bigots," they say.
Studies are showing that puberty blockers can have serious ramifications.
While I personally believe that this is against nature, and that this should be limited to age 18 and older (just as many other issues regarding sexuality are), at least this is being handled where it should be, in a medical facility. Not in a school, which has no business being in the gender determination/affirmation business.
(08-26-2022, 09:28 AM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Studies are showing that puberty blockers can have serious ramifications.

Maybe they do.  They also prevent suicide in many cases. So the unintended side effects would have to be pretty severe before we consider any government ban to be appropriate.
How is that even measured? Can they compare that to other teens who take puberty blockers? How many trans suicides are there each year? How many people would be affected by this "reduction?" Will this type of cultural acceptance lead to more transitions and more suicides? You don't know anything, yet you advocate for a policy that is shown to harm kids. [BLEEP], dude. Stop living in the clouds and swallowing this progressive TRASH. Trans is a mental health issue. It should be destigmatized, but the goal should be acceptance of self, not self-mutilation. Geez.
(08-26-2022, 01:22 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]How is that even measured? Can they compare that to other teens who take puberty blockers? How many trans suicides are there each year? How many people would be affected by this "reduction?" Will this type of cultural acceptance lead to more transitions and more suicides? You don't know anything, yet you advocate for a policy that is shown to harm kids. [BLEEP], dude. Stop living in the clouds and swallowing this progressive TRASH. Trans is a mental health issue. It should be destigmatized, but the goal should be acceptance of self, not self-mutilation. Geez.

I don't think puberty blockers count as mutilation. 
I don't think a controlled experiment on this would be ethical.
Lol. I just posted a link showing these practices have increased suicides 1.6 per 100,000, and that includes puberty blockers. You don't have any data to suggest this will save lives, and yet you embark on this fool's errand to "solve" the trans problem. Why? Because the left has made this a flagship issue, and it shouldn't be. It's a mental health problem, like autism. The only reason you think this is a crisis is because they make it one, and they do that because it serves the purpose of destabilization. And, no, this isn't some "conspiracy" theory. It's literally in their literature.

There are four steps to this phenomenon. Destigmatization>Acceptance>Normalization>Celebration. There are many things in this country that should be destigmatized. They find these issues and lift them up as an example of American sin. Then people like you feel guilty and try to correct it, but that's not what they are trying to do. Don't get me wrong... they believe in these ideas, but, ultimately, they believe that it's important to destroy cultural norms to build the society they want, which is why they immediately take it from destigmatization to celebration overnight. Not all of these issues are worthy of celebration. Most of them should stop at destigmatization, and maybe few should be accepted. Yet, you have trans hour in school libraries now.

At some point, you need to be smart enough to notice this pattern. Celebration (and to some degree normalization) should be rejected by the public writ large. Their idea of American cannot coexist with your version of America. Unless, of course, your version looks exactly like theirs. That's by design.
(08-26-2022, 08:12 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Lol. I just posted a link showing these practices have increased suicides 1.6 per 100,000, and that includes puberty blockers. You don't have any data to suggest this will save lives, and yet you embark on this fool's errand to "solve" the trans problem. Why? Because the left has made this a flagship issue, and it shouldn't be. It's a mental health problem, like autism. The only reason you think this is a crisis is because they make it one, and they do that because it serves the purpose of destabilization. And, no, this isn't some "conspiracy" theory. It's literally in their literature.

There are four steps to this phenomenon. Destigmatization>Acceptance>Normalization>Celebration. There are many things in this country that should be destigmatized. They find these issues and lift them up as an example of American sin. Then people like you feel guilty and try to correct it, but that's not what they are trying to do. Don't get me wrong... they believe in these ideas, but, ultimately, they believe that it's important to destroy cultural norms to build the society they want, which is why they immediately take it from destigmatization to celebration overnight. Not all of these issues are worthy of celebration. Most of them should stop at destigmatization, and maybe few should be accepted. Yet, you have trans hour in school libraries now.

At some point, you need to be smart enough to notice this pattern. Celebration (and to some degree normalization) should be rejected by the public writ large. Their idea of American cannot coexist with your version of America. Unless, of course, your version looks exactly like theirs. That's by design.

And the only way they can do it is if the get to your children.