Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Florida Medicaid sees 'soaring increase' of kids receiving puberty blockers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Florida Medicaid sees 'soaring increase' of kids receiving puberty blockers, hormones, irreversible surgery

Rates of children taking puberty blockers increased nearly 270%, according to Florida Medicaid data

Rates of pharmaceutical and surgical treatments for gender dysphoria have markedly increased among children receiving Medicaid in Florida in recent years, according to data from the state's Medicaid regulator.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-medic...le-surgery
Ya know at this point, let the parents screw up their kids.. Honestly I no longer care. Their kid, their problem. Maybe they'll cut off their weiners and uteruseseses and kill off the stupidity all together..

Ninja
(08-31-2022, 12:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Ya know at this point, let the parents screw up their kids.. Honestly I no longer care. Their kid, their problem. Maybe they'll cut off their weiners and uteruseseses and kill off the stupidity all together..

Sometimes I feel this way, and then I think of all the kids who will be permanently marred by this, and will be screaming for the government to fix it, since they condoned it, preached it and paid for it. More money out of the taxpayers pockets to fix something that wasn't necessarily a problem to begin with. Can you imagine a generation of delayed puberty, 20 somethings who are acting like 11 year old's, with missing appendages they thought they wanted to get rid of but now want back? Talk about gender dysphoria; we ain't seen nothing yet. People are immature enough as it is, why artificially induce it with blockers? People preach about how this is going to fix the rising suicide rate, but they don't consider the other side of the coin, that many people will consider it when they want to reverse an irreversible surgery and can't. All of you men out there (myself included) who had a vasectomy and now maybe regret it, that's a little taste.
(08-31-2022, 01:46 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2022, 12:37 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Ya know at this point, let the parents screw up their kids.. Honestly I no longer care. Their kid, their problem. Maybe they'll cut off their weiners and uteruseseses and kill off the stupidity all together..

Sometimes I feel this way, and then I think of all the kids who will be permanently marred by this, and will be screaming for the government to fix it, since they condoned it, preached it and paid for it.  More money out of the taxpayers pockets to fix something that wasn't necessarily a problem to begin with.  Can you imagine a generation of delayed puberty, 20 somethings who are acting like 11 year old's, with missing appendages they thought they wanted to get rid of but now want back?  Talk about gender dysphoria; we ain't seen nothing yet. People are immature enough as it is, why artificially induce it with blockers?  People preach about how this is going to fix the rising suicide rate, but they don't consider the other side of the coin, that many people will consider it when they want to reverse an irreversible surgery and can't.  All of you men out there (myself included) who had a vasectomy and now maybe regret it, that's a little taste.

I know, it's heartbreaking. But, what are you gonna do? What can we do? Nothing we CAN do.. Where there's a will, there's a way. If the parents want little Johnny to cut off his carrot because he thinks he's Jessica instead, let them.. These are people (in my opinion) shouldn't have had kids in the first place.. 

But, once the mutilation generation dies off, that's really it.. No legacy left behind.. Elimination by retar... well, I just won't say it, but I'm sure you can fill in the blank..
(08-31-2022, 02:30 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2022, 01:46 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes I feel this way, and then I think of all the kids who will be permanently marred by this, and will be screaming for the government to fix it, since they condoned it, preached it and paid for it.  More money out of the taxpayers pockets to fix something that wasn't necessarily a problem to begin with.  Can you imagine a generation of delayed puberty, 20 somethings who are acting like 11 year old's, with missing appendages they thought they wanted to get rid of but now want back?  Talk about gender dysphoria; we ain't seen nothing yet. People are immature enough as it is, why artificially induce it with blockers?  People preach about how this is going to fix the rising suicide rate, but they don't consider the other side of the coin, that many people will consider it when they want to reverse an irreversible surgery and can't.  All of you men out there (myself included) who had a vasectomy and now maybe regret it, that's a little taste.

I know, it's heartbreaking. But, what are you gonna do? What can we do? Nothing we CAN do.. Where there's a will, there's a way. If the parents want little Johnny to cut off his carrot because he thinks he's Jessica instead, let them.. These are people (in my opinion) shouldn't have had kids in the first place.. 

But, once the mutilation generation dies off, that's really it.. No legacy left behind.. Elimination by retar... well, I just won't say it, but I'm sure you can fill in the blank..

About all we can do is vote for people who reject this nonsense. And then watch as the election is stolen from them.
(08-31-2022, 02:46 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2022, 02:30 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I know, it's heartbreaking. But, what are you gonna do? What can we do? Nothing we CAN do.. Where there's a will, there's a way. If the parents want little Johnny to cut off his carrot because he thinks he's Jessica instead, let them.. These are people (in my opinion) shouldn't have had kids in the first place.. 

About all we can do is vote for people who reject this nonsense.  And then watch as the election is stolen from them.

That's about it..
Society has been at war with human puberty since industrialization
Higher quality diets made possible by industrial agriculture cause puberty to come earlier.

Early factories make heavy use of child labor, but society becomes repulsed by this, especially as children are frequently injured on these jobs. So initially the stresses of these factory jobs delayed puberty, but sitting at a desk all day instead made it earlier. And the social pressure grows for kids to stay in school longer, meaning, they spend more and more of their peak hormonal years unable to eatn money or start families. 8th grade used to be like high school. Staying in school after your 14th birthday was optional. Then it was 16. Now it's typically 18.

Anyhow this continues with the ongoing increase of people going to college. Further economic developments push the ability to earn enough to support a family later and later.

All of which is to say, puberty blockers are just a new weapon in a war we've been fighting against biology for over 100 years. The transgender aspect of it is probably a distraction, more parents were probably going to find them to be an attractive option regardless.
(08-31-2022, 03:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Society has been at war with human puberty since industrialization
Higher quality diets made possible by industrial agriculture cause puberty to come earlier.

Early factories make heavy use of child labor, but society becomes repulsed by this, especially as children are frequently injured on these jobs. So initially the stresses of these factory jobs delayed puberty, but sitting at a desk all day instead made it earlier. And the social pressure grows for kids to stay in school longer, meaning, they spend more and more of their peak hormonal years unable to eatn money or start families. 8th grade used to be like high school. Staying in school after your 14th birthday was optional. Then it was 16. Now it's typically 18.

Anyhow this continues with the ongoing increase of people going to college. Further economic developments push the ability to earn enough to support a family later and later.

All of which is to say, puberty blockers are just a new weapon in a war we've been fighting against biology for over 100 years. The transgender aspect of it is probably a distraction, more parents were probably going to find them to be an attractive option regardless.

What? None of this has anything to do with INTENTIONALLY taking puberty blockers to prepare you to change the sex you were born with. All these are various actions and behaviours that had unintentional effects on puberty. Good grief.
(08-31-2022, 04:09 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2022, 03:50 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Society has been at war with human puberty since industrialization

Early factories make heavy use of child labor, but society becomes repulsed by this, especially as children are frequently injured on these jobs.  So initially the stresses of these factory jobs delayed puberty, but sitting at a desk all day instead made it earlier. And the social pressure grows for kids to stay in school longer, meaning, they spend more and more of their peak hormonal years unable to eatn money or start families.  8th grade used to be like high school. Staying in school after your 14th birthday was optional. Then it was 16.  Now it's typically 18.

Anyhow this continues with the ongoing increase of people going to college.  Further economic developments push the ability to earn enough to support a family later and later.

All of which is to say, puberty blockers are just a new weapon in a war we've been fighting against biology for over 100 years.  The transgender aspect of it is probably a distraction, more parents were probably going to find them to be an attractive option regardless.

What?  None of this has anything to do with INTENTIONALLY taking puberty blockers to change the sex you were born with.  All these are various actions and behaviours that had unintentional effects on puberty.  Good grief.

Puberty blockers do not change the sex you were born with.  They can be part of a plan to do that later.
As I've said before, they are a legitimate, safe, reversible, and commonly used medicine that should not be lumped in with the other "transgender" interventions.
(08-31-2022, 04:37 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2022, 04:09 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]What?  None of this has anything to do with INTENTIONALLY taking puberty blockers to prepare you to change the sex you were born with.  All these are various actions and behaviours that had unintentional effects on puberty.  Good grief.

Puberty blockers do not change the sex you were born with.  They can be part of a plan to do that later.
As I've said before, they are a legitimate, safe, reversible, and commonly used medicine that should not be lumped in with the other "transgender" interventions.

You're right.  I changed my original post  It still doesn't change the point of the post. You are straining a gnat while swallowing a camel.
Swallow it down, Mikey.
(08-31-2022, 06:37 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Swallow it down, Mikey.

Going out on a limb here… guessing he already has.  

You know what they say “boys will be girls”.

Early factories make heavy use of child labor, but society becomes repulsed by this, especially as children are frequently injured on these jobs.  So initially the stresses of these factory jobs delayed puberty, but sitting at a desk all day instead made it earlier. And the social pressure grows for kids to stay in school longer, meaning, they spend more and more of their peak hormonal years unable to eatn money or start families.  8th grade used to be like high school. Staying in school after your 14th birthday was optional. Then it was 16.  Now it's typically 18.

Anyhow this continues with the ongoing increase of people going to college.  Further economic developments push the ability to earn enough to support a family later and later.

All of which is to say, puberty blockers are just a new weapon in a war we've been fighting against biology for over 100 years.  The transgender aspect of it is probably a distraction, more parents were probably going to find them to be an attractive option regardless.

As usual Mike comes into argue a point no one is making. He knows exactly why this is happening. So disingenuous
(08-31-2022, 02:30 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]But, once the mutilation generation dies off, that's really it.. No legacy left behind.. Elimination by retar... well, I just won't say it, but I'm sure you can fill in the blank..

Unfortunately they are currently expanding because of all grooming they are freely and with school and government blessings allowed to do. It may take a while for them to fade back into the background.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
"Statistics provided to Fox News Digital by Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA), which oversees the state's $36.2 billion Medicaid program, show that the number of children on Medicaid receiving behavioral therapy to treat gender dysphoria increased from 143 in 2017 to 233 in 2021, or nearly 63%. Meanwhile, children receiving puberty blockers spiked from 15 children in 2017 to 55 in 2021, a percentage increase of nearly 270%."

Yeah, it's happening but the numbers are very small.
It's still a concern. Like Maher said, "Either Ohio is oppressing them, or California is creating them." I think if it was destigmatized, you'd see a small increase, but not at the rates we are seeing it... especially in liberal areas.
(09-01-2022, 04:16 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]It's still a concern. Like Maher said, "Either Ohio is oppressing them, or California is creating them." I think if it was destigmatized, you'd see a small increase, but not at the rates we are seeing it... especially in liberal areas.

To be frank California seems to be celebrating it more than just destigmatizing it.  Celebrating it causes people who have generalized queer feelings to call themselves trans so they can be celebrated too.

I've had private conversations with people who have these issues.  They admit that they had trouble differentiating between if they are just nonconforming, or gay, or bi, or trans, until later in life.  But a lot of that is silenced by the pride organizations, who are still in the "born this way" mentality, so they can't admit that any of this stuff could be elastic.  

The people I've spoken to also point out to me that psychologists who are trained in these issues try to discourage people from identifying as trans for exactly these reasons.  They know that trans is being called brave and glamorous so the therapists make them think through all the other possibilities because trans really is the hardest one to deal with for everybody.  For these psychologists it's as if a bunch of patients come in with shortness of breath but they all want to skip over allergy medication and go right to getting a lung transplant.
(09-01-2022, 07:25 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2022, 04:16 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]It's still a concern. Like Maher said, "Either Ohio is oppressing them, or California is creating them." I think if it was destigmatized, you'd see a small increase, but not at the rates we are seeing it... especially in liberal areas.

To be frank California seems to be celebrating it more than just destigmatizing it.  Celebrating it causes people who have generalized queer feelings to call themselves trans so they can be celebrated too.

I've had private conversations with people who have these issues.  They admit that they had trouble differentiating between if they are just nonconforming, or gay, or bi, or trans, until later in life.  But a lot of that is silenced by the pride organizations, who are still in the "born this way" mentality, so they can't admit that any of this stuff could be elastic.  

The people I've spoken to also point out to me that psychologists who are trained in these issues try to discourage people from identifying as trans for exactly these reasons.  They know that trans is being called brave and glamorous so the therapists make them think through all the other possibilities because trans really is the hardest one to deal with for everybody.  For these psychologists it's as if a bunch of patients come in with shortness of breath but they all want to skip over allergy medication and go right to getting a lung transplant.

If 'born this way' was true, then thousands or <<fill in your personal belief here >> of years of genetic natural selection would have eventually rendered it extinct. We know there were homosexuals thousands of years ago from many historical sources. It would have been biologically culled out by now, assuming that no heterosexual behavior was co-opted, which we know of course, NEVER happens. And if I were homosexual, I would consider making a 'choice' more honorable anyway. Born this way just sounds like an embarrassed excuse.
There are way too many people on Medicaid. 88 million.
(09-02-2022, 05:45 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]There are way too many people on Medicaid. 88 million.

Big truth.
Pages: 1 2