Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Looks like the Democrats are circling the wagons.........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
US Treasury says request for Hunter Biden records must come from Dem-led committee, not Republicans

That could change if Republicans take the majority in Congress this November in the Midterms

The United States Treasury will not hand over Hunter Biden’s financial information to Republican lawmakers as it claims the request must come through a committee with Democratic approval.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-trea...epublicans
(09-03-2022, 05:05 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]US Treasury says request for Hunter Biden records must come from Dem-led committee, not Republicans

That could change if Republicans take the majority in Congress this November in the Midterms

The United States Treasury will not hand over Hunter Biden’s financial information to Republican lawmakers as it claims the request must come through a committee with Democratic approval.

It has nothing to do with Democrats.  The requirement is that it has to be a Congressional committee that requests it, not individual members of Congress.
(09-03-2022, 06:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2022, 05:05 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]US Treasury says request for Hunter Biden records must come from Dem-led committee, not Republicans

It has nothing to do with Democrats.  The requirement is that it has to be a Congressional committee that requests it, not individual members of Congress.

The point of the article seems to be that Democrats control that House committee at the moment. Will they still even if they lose the House? Uncertain.
(09-03-2022, 09:24 AM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2022, 06:56 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]It has nothing to do with Democrats.  The requirement is that it has to be a Congressional committee that requests it, not individual members of Congress.

The point of the article seems to be that Democrats control that House committee at the moment.  Will they still even if they lose the House?  Uncertain.

The US Treasury did not say the request "has to come from a Democratic-led committee."  It just said it has to come from a committee.
You need to be careful of the Foxnews website. They’ve become as reckless and polarized as the MSM sites. They used to be a voice in wilderness, now they’re just as sensationalistic and almost as untrustworthy. I hate to say that, I really do, but I’m seeing increasing numbers of article like this one which are misleading or not completely forthright.
(09-03-2022, 10:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]You need to be careful of the Foxnews website. They’ve become as reckless and polarized as the MSM sites. They used to be a voice in wilderness, now they’re just as sensationalistic and almost as untrustworthy. I hate to say that, I really do, but I’m seeing increasing numbers of article like this one which are misleading or not completely forthright.

Sokath, his eyes uncovered!
(09-03-2022, 02:54 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2022, 10:13 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]You need to be careful of the Foxnews website. They’ve become as reckless and polarized as the MSM sites. They used to be a voice in wilderness, now they’re just as sensationalistic and almost as untrustworthy. I hate to say that, I really do, but I’m seeing increasing numbers of article like this one which are misleading or not completely forthright.

Sokath, his eyes uncovered!

Spare the sanctimony. Fox News is drifting where the leftist MSM has always been. My eyes have always been uncovered while yours remain averted.
(09-03-2022, 05:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2022, 02:54 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Sokath, his eyes uncovered!

Spare the sanctimony. Fox News is drifting where the leftist MSM has always been. My eyes have always been uncovered while yours remain averted.

Nevermind. If you really think there is any mainstream corporate left-wing media in the USA then your eyes are still tightly closed.
(09-03-2022, 06:23 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2022, 05:27 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Spare the sanctimony. Fox News is drifting where the leftist MSM has always been. My eyes have always been uncovered while yours remain averted.

Nevermind. If you really think there is any mainstream corporate left-wing media in the USA then your eyes are still tightly closed.

You're both right.
The media in the US is capitalist and corporate.  In a global context, where most economies have greater regulation and control by the state, nearly every media channel from the US has a pro-corporate and anti-government agenda. Bezos good.  WalMart good.  Microsoft good.  These channels do report on corporate scandals, but they tend to emphasize the problems that foreign corporations like Toyota have, over ones that develop at domestic competitors.  But if there is any kind of failure of government service anywhere, it's front page news.  Look at the Jackson water supply. They are selling the message that private corporations are more competent and more responsive and more caring than governments, and they are selling it hard.

But if you ignore the global context and look exclusively at an American partisan political context, the news media in America is pro-urban, pro-managerial, pro-federal, and pro-homo.  They are anti-rural, anti-worker, anti local government, and anti-religion.  These things mostly (but not exclusively) map to favor Democrats over Republicans.  

But even bigger than these biases is the bias that all of them have towards sensationalism, to drive viewers and clicks.   You may think they hate rural working Christian people, and they do, but not as much as they love you clicking on their stuff, whether you agree with it or not.
(09-03-2022, 08:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2022, 06:23 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Nevermind. If you really think there is any mainstream corporate left-wing media in the USA then your eyes are still tightly closed.

You're both right.
The media in the US is capitalist and corporate.  In a global context, where most economies have greater regulation and control by the state, nearly every media channel from the US has a pro-corporate and anti-government agenda. Bezos good.  WalMart good.  Microsoft good.  These channels do report on corporate scandals, but they tend to emphasize the problems that foreign corporations like Toyota have, over ones that develop at domestic competitors.  But if there is any kind of failure of government service anywhere, it's front page news.  Look at the Jackson water supply.  They are selling the message that private corporations are more competent and more responsive and more caring than governments, and they are selling it hard.

But if you ignore the global context and look exclusively at an American partisan political context, the news media in America is pro-urban, pro-managerial, pro-federal, and pro-homo.  They are anti-rural, anti-worker, anti local government, and anti-religion.  These things mostly (but not exclusively) map to favor Democrats over Republicans.  

But even bigger than these biases is the bias that all of them have towards sensationalism, to drive viewers and clicks.   You may think they hate rural working Christian people, and they do, but not as much as they love you clicking on their stuff, whether you agree with it or not.

Surprisingly well said. Earned a +1.

...made me feel dirty.
That makes two of us. I need a shower.
(09-03-2022, 09:44 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2022, 08:01 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]You're both right.
The media in the US is capitalist and corporate.  In a global context, where most economies have greater regulation and control by the state, nearly every media channel from the US has a pro-corporate and anti-government agenda. Bezos good.  WalMart good.  Microsoft good.  These channels do report on corporate scandals, but they tend to emphasize the problems that foreign corporations like Toyota have, over ones that develop at domestic competitors.  But if there is any kind of failure of government service anywhere, it's front page news.  Look at the Jackson water supply.  They are selling the message that private corporations are more competent and more responsive and more caring than governments, and they are selling it hard.

Surprisingly well said. Earned a +1.

...made me feel dirty.
+1 as well.
(09-03-2022, 10:31 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: [ -> ]That makes two of us. I need a shower.
I live in the shower, so it's a short trip.