Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Team captains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
https://twitter.com/Jaguars/status/15668...XChmw2tFEw

Offense: Lawrence and Scherff
Defense: Allen and Oluokun
ST: Cooke
All are warranted.

NH3...
Marvin Jones snub.
(09-05-2022, 03:16 PM)Jagsman Wrote: [ -> ]Marvin Jones snub.

800 yard man
The punter wins
(09-05-2022, 05:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]

800 yard man

Captaincy is much more about his 6900 career yards and 55 career touchdowns than his stats from last year. 

Regardless, I'm sure there's a reason Scherff got the vote. 

Personally, I'm glad we seem to be assembling a roster with some young leadership potential. 
We may not be looking to the grizzled vets like Scherff and MJJ for captain's badges next year.
Pederson appoints another captian weekly so MJJ might be the other captian come game day
(09-05-2022, 05:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]

800 yard man

He has been one of the most consistent WRs over the last 8 years and a respected vet.  Over 800 yrds last year with that train wreck is actually pretty impressive looking back.
(09-05-2022, 05:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2022, 05:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]800 yard man

Captaincy is much more about his 6900 career yards and 55 career touchdowns than his stats from last year. 

Personally, I'm glad we seem to be assembling a roster with some young leadership potential. 
We may not be looking to the grizzled vets like Scherff and MJJ for captain's badges next year.

Perhaps they are showing respect to a player that has been selected to 5 Pro Bowls.
It's good to have a captain on the oline as well
I'm a little surprised it was Oluokun and not Griffin or Jenkins.
(09-05-2022, 07:30 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2022, 05:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]Captaincy is much more about his 6900 career yards and 55 career touchdowns than his stats from last year. 

Perhaps they are showing respect to a player that has been selected to 5 Pro Bowls.

Yes, definitely, but I was speculating (hoping) there was a reason internally as well.

(09-05-2022, 06:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Pederson appoints another captian weekly so MJJ might be the other captian come game day

We're going to have 22 captains?
Captain Cooke... Amazing.

Jesse!! It's time to Cooke. lol I love it.
From John Shipley's Twitter

#Jaguars HC Doug Pederson says the captains this year were completely picked by the locker room, which is a reflection of what they've shown so far
(09-05-2022, 06:02 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Pederson appoints another captian weekly so MJJ might be the other captian come game day

If I'm not mistaken, the captains are voted in by the team players.

NH3...
(09-05-2022, 11:12 PM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]

NH3...

#Jaguars HC Doug Pederson says the captains this year were completely picked by the locker room, which is a reflection of what they've shown so fa
(09-06-2022, 12:34 AM)InauguralJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2022, 11:12 PM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]If I'm not mistaken, the captains are voted in by the team players.

NH3...

#Jaguars HC Doug Pederson says the captains this year were completely picked by the locker room, which is a reflection of what they've shown so fa

Yes, the five captains were picked by the players.  However, Pederson also said that there would be a rotating sixth captain each week and that player would be selected by Pederson.
(09-05-2022, 09:52 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2022, 07:30 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps they are showing respect to a player that has been selected to 5 Pro Bowls.

Yes, definitely, but I was speculating (hoping) there was a reason internally as well.

We're going to have 22 captains?

No, he said it can change weekly on the 6th captain.

(09-05-2022, 11:12 PM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]

NH3...

Those 5, yes.  But Doug picks the 6th weekly depending on who had a really good practice for thr week, or if one is playing in their home town etc
Cam Robinson the 6th captain for this week. He has obviously had a good camp and has looked good in practice these last 2 weeks
I got all the captains correct except cooke. I had agnew as my Special teamer, but cooke makes more sense forgot about the punter haha.

Either way I'm happy with all of them Oulkun sorry I can't spell. He is the voice of the defense he is a really good MLB.

Brandon well he's probably best guard in football and his knowledge beside fourtner will help tremendously.

The other guys need to earn it, but i do like 1 extra each week picked by Pederson. Gives the giys something to work towards each week. Ultimate form of respect for all the hard work.
Pages: 1 2