Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Migrants bussed to sanctuary city Chicago are promptly shipped off
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Well Chicago, you are a sanctuary city...... You liberals love illegals so much..... well..... here they are for you..... you can have them...........

Migrants bussed to sanctuary city Chicago are promptly shipped off to suburbs

The immigrants were sent to Chicago as part of Texas Governor Greg Abbott's response to the migrant crisis at the southern border

A group of over 100 migrants from the southern border were moved to an Illinois suburb after being welcomed in Chicago – an action that is reportedly frustrating local officials.

The migrants are staying at a Hampton Inn in Burr Ridge and a Holiday Inn in Countryside, according to reporting by WGN-TV. An estimated 300 migrants have been bused from Texas to Chicago in the past two weeks.  

https://www.foxnews.com/us/migrants-buss...ff-suburbs
I think what Texas is doing is pretty funny. And it makes a very good point.
(09-10-2022, 08:22 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I think what Texas is doing is pretty funny.  And it makes a very good point.

It also exposes the hypocrisy of sanctuary cities and the lip service they pay to a true crisis in this country. They should start sending them to Seattle next.
What cities and states do on this issue can never be anything more than posturing and lip service. That goes for the "sanctuary cities" and equally for TX uselessly bussing them around. This is a federal issue and Congress needs to act.
(09-10-2022, 10:12 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]What cities and states do on this issue can never be anything more than posturing and lip service.  That goes for the "sanctuary cities" and equally for TX uselessly bussing them around.  This is a federal issue and Congress needs to act.

Texas is not ''uselessly bussing them around", they're providing free transportation to communities proclaiming welcome to all and promising not to deport.  If Chicago and other sanctuary cities (perched on a soapbox a thousand miles away) want a voice in border security, they need to accept their share of responsibility for those who cross illegally.  Governor Abbott is reducing an overwhelming burden on his citizens and as, Biscuit pointed out, exposing the hypocrisy of the Left.  

No progress will be made on this problem while Biden is President.
(09-10-2022, 10:42 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2022, 10:12 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]What cities and states do on this issue can never be anything more than posturing and lip service.  That goes for the "sanctuary cities" and equally for TX uselessly bussing them around.  This is a federal issue and Congress needs to act.

Texas is not ''uselessly bussing them around", they're providing free transportation to communities proclaiming welcome to all and promising not to deport.  If Chicago and other sanctuary cities (perched on a soapbox a thousand miles away) want a voice in border security, they need to accept their share of responsibility for those who cross illegally.  Governor Abbott is reducing an overwhelming burden on his citizens and as, Biscuit pointed out, exposing the hypocrisy of the Left.  

I'm not optimistic that there will be any new immigration laws under Biden either, but I wouldn't rule it out.  Biden believes that Obama wasted a lot of goodwill and time on this issue and he will avoid repeating that mistake.

I think you probably agree with me that Texas' action is numerically very small, just a few hundred people getting bussed out of hundreds of thousands of recently arrived illegal immigrants.  I think you agree that it is just symbolic and meant to teach a lesson.  I think where we disagree is whether symbolic attempts to teach lessons are useful or not. Chicago may stop presenting itself as a sanctuary city, yes, but that won't change federal law nor will it cause Texans or Chigagoans to start sending different-minded people to Congress.
(09-10-2022, 12:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2022, 10:42 AM)Sneakers Wrote: [ -> ]Texas is not ''uselessly bussing them around", they're providing free transportation to communities proclaiming welcome to all and promising not to deport.  If Chicago and other sanctuary cities (perched on a soapbox a thousand miles away) want a voice in border security, they need to accept their share of responsibility for those who cross illegally.  Governor Abbott is reducing an overwhelming burden on his citizens and as, Biscuit pointed out, exposing the hypocrisy of the Left.  

I'm not optimistic that there will be any new immigration laws under Biden either, but I wouldn't rule it out.  Biden believes that Obama wasted a lot of goodwill and time on this issue and he will avoid repeating that mistake.

I think you probably agree with me that Texas' action is numerically very small, just a few hundred people getting bussed out of hundreds of thousands of recently arrived illegal immigrants.  I think you agree that it is just symbolic and meant to teach a lesson.  I think where we disagree is whether symbolic attempts to teach lessons are useful or not. Chicago may stop presenting itself as a sanctuary city, yes, but that won't change federal law nor will it cause Texans or Chigagoans to start sending different-minded people to Congress.

Governor Abbott has already achieved his goal of showing what utter hypocrites the left really are. More busloads of immigrants to resistant sanctuary cities only serves to underscore that statement. As I said, make Seattle and San Francisco the next destinations. Throw Portland in there too.
(09-10-2022, 12:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2022, 12:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not optimistic that there will be any new immigration laws under Biden either, but I wouldn't rule it out.  Biden believes that Obama wasted a lot of goodwill and time on this issue and he will avoid repeating that mistake.

Governor Abbott has already achieved his goal of showing what utter hypocrites the left really are. More busloads of immigrants to resistant sanctuary cities only serves to underscore that statement. As I said, make Seattle and San Francisco the next destinations. Throw Portland in there too.

Didn't CA recently declare itself a sanctuary state? I'd say send them all there but these other cities need to be exposed for their hypocrisy as often as possible.
Why are they given hotel rooms? Put them on the streets, they supposedly managed to walk across Mexico and other countries without a free hotel room.

The feds could easily end this but they won't. They should seize all cash when you illegally cross the border. Call it paying back all costs to support them. Tax transfers out of the US 50%. Tax transfers into the US by non-citizens also.

That also helps close some loopholes that companies take advantage of.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
(09-10-2022, 02:42 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Why are they given hotel rooms? Put them on the streets, they supposedly managed to walk across Mexico and other countries without a free hotel room.

The feds could easily end this but they won't. They should seize all cash when you illegally cross the border. Call it paying back all costs to support them. Tax transfers out of the US 50%. Tax transfers into the US by non-citizens also.

I'm pretty sure (someone correct me if I'm wrong, which I know they will lolol) but I'm pretty sure those hotel rooms are being paid for with either city or state budget.. Which I think is the reason why Bowser and Lightfoot want them gone lolol
(09-10-2022, 12:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2022, 12:22 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not optimistic that there will be any new immigration laws under Biden either, but I wouldn't rule it out.  Biden believes that Obama wasted a lot of goodwill and time on this issue and he will avoid repeating that mistake.

I don't see any value in that.  Everyone already knows the politicians are hypocrites.
(09-10-2022, 03:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2022, 12:43 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Governor Abbott has already achieved his goal of showing what utter hypocrites the left really are. More busloads of immigrants to resistant sanctuary cities only serves to underscore that statement. As I said, make Seattle and San Francisco the next destinations. Throw Portland in there too.

I don't see any value in that.  Everyone already knows the politicians are hypocrites.

Indeed, republicans continue pissing into a sea of piss.

As for another point in the thread suggesting bussing immigrants to California, it seems kind of pointless considering California has a border with Mexico.
(09-10-2022, 03:36 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2022, 03:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see any value in that.  Everyone already knows the politicians are hypocrites.

Indeed, republicans continue pissing into a sea of piss.

As for another point in the thread suggesting bussing immigrants to California, it seems kind of pointless considering California has a border with Mexico.

Weak deflections but not untrue. However, currently no one is exercising hypocrisy more demonstrably than the democrats. It's just a matter of accepting and agreeing rather than stating the other side does it.
(09-10-2022, 04:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2022, 03:36 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, republicans continue pissing into a sea of piss.

Weak deflections but not untrue. However, currently no one is exercising hypocrisy more demonstrably than the democrats. It's just a matter of accepting and agreeing rather than stating the other side does it.

There's a party that asks you to vote for them that turns around and claims that no one, not even members of their own party, count the votes right.  I don't know if that's more "demonstrable" but maintaining free and fair elections is certainly a bigger deal than how we deal with migrant workers.
(09-10-2022, 04:17 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-10-2022, 04:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Weak deflections but not untrue. However, currently no one is exercising hypocrisy more demonstrably than the democrats. It's just a matter of accepting and agreeing rather than stating the other side does it.

There's a party that asks you to vote for them that turns around and claims that no one, not even members of their own party, count the votes right.  I don't know if that's more "demonstrable" but maintaining free and fair elections is certainly a bigger deal than how we deal with migrant workers.

Good point. Don't forget complicity by the FBI.

| The 2016 election was stolen. Got a nicer way to say that? - The Washington Post
(09-10-2022, 04:04 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Weak deflections but not untrue. However, currently no one is exercising hypocrisy more demonstrably than the democrats. It's just a matter of accepting and agreeing rather than stating the other side does it.

It's all equally important in different ways because it's symbiotic.
(09-10-2022, 02:42 PM)p_rushing Wrote: [ -> ]Why are they given hotel rooms? Put them on the streets, they supposedly managed to walk across Mexico and other countries without a free hotel room.

Arm them all, organize them into gangs, and unleash them on those gang banger murderers in ChiTown. Mexican gangs will kick Chicago gang [BLEEP] 9 times out of 10. Then unleash them on the Chicago Teachers unions. Get Chicago cleaned up!
(09-10-2022, 10:46 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]

Arm them all, organize them into gangs, and unleash them on those gang banger murderers in ChiTown. Mexican gangs will kick Chicago gang [BLEEP] 9 times out of 10. Then unleash them on the Chicago Teachers unions. Get Chicago cleaned up!
That's cartel members who get military training

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
(09-10-2022, 10:46 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]

Arm them all, organize them into gangs, and unleash them on those gang banger murderers in ChiTown. Mexican gangs will kick Chicago gang [BLEEP] 9 times out of 10.  Then unleash them on the Chicago Teachers unions. Get Chicago cleaned up!

Pretty sure the Chicago gangs are mostly Mexican and central American these days.

Correct, and part of the reason I can't see myself voting R again. The party has never gotten better in the last 50 years, only worse, and I'm not seeing a reversal of that on the horizon.

After January 6 a few of them almost found their huevos for a few minutes, then immediately started bowing to insanity again. It's why this country needs to do something drastic to moderate the primary and redistricting processes. The way they are now is just creating less moderation and more extremism. There are a lot of people in government that belong in asylums right now.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5