Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: This Week in the AFC South: Week 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well until Bullseye gets back from his hiatus(hope all is well my man) I’ll keep this going. Last week was a little weird with no team in the division winning despite having two matched up against each other because of the game ending in a tie. As a result no one is undefeated. This week we have some decent matchups with the jags having the only home game.

Match ups:
Clots @ Jags 1:00pm- with our home opener and hopes to keep the clots winless in jax streak alive, this should be a good rebound game for our boys.
Tinhorns @ Broncos 4:25pm- Denver coming off a painful loss in Seattle looks to go to mile high to take on a tinhorns team that once is again playing a little better than what the preseason stats suggest.
Tacks @ Buffalo 7:15 Monday night- Buffalo will try and build off their dominating performance against LA in which they looked every bit the part of potential SB contenders.

My picks:

Jags- keep the streak alive
Broncos- learn from BS and get win
Bill- really don’t like either of these teams but I hate the tack more than any so I’ll be pulling for stupid bills mafia to pull this off. 

Record so far: 0-2-1
1010 just cited a report by John Shipley that the Colts are bringing in Josh Lambo for a tryout. Will we see Lambo at the Bank this Sunday?
0-2-1 in week one

week 2 picks:
Jags
broncos
bills
(09-13-2022, 01:08 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]1010 just cited a report by John Shipley that the Colts are bringing in Josh Lambo for a tryout. Will we see Lambo at the Bank this Sunday?

Ha! I was going to joke about that in the other thread when someone mentioned Rodrigo got cut.
0-2-1 last week and for the season. A sprinter I am not.

JAGS 24 clots 20 - This is apparently a comical score, and I do enjoy a good bit of humor. @Maybe if Press were calling the plays we win by eleventy-seven@ By the end of the day, the Jags are the only team in the division with a win, and playoff mania infects Duval until roughly Wednesday.

STUPID HORSE 35 stupid cow 20 - The tinhorns will score 20 points every week. Russ doesn't give Hackett a chance to bring the FG unit in all game.

OTHER STUPID COW 42 tacks 17 - Picking all the home teams? BOOOOOOOOO-RING. The Bills look to be firing on all cylinders. The tacks? not so much. Impatient fans begin considering whether it's time to start calling for Willis to play (spoiler: it's not)
0-2-1 myself as well.

Jags
Broncos
Buffalo
Clots over Jags - I think it will be close, but experience of the veteran Ryan pulls it out.
Texans over Broncos - I haven't yet figured this Texans team out, but after that mismanagement on Monday Night Football, at least I know that they have a smarter coach than the Broncos. Who lets the clock run down from 1:01 to 2 secs so a 64 yard FG can be attempted? I don't remember Hackett being that dumb when he was here, maybe this franchise rubbed off on him.
Bills over Tacks - this will get ugly early and often. Should be over by halftime.
Jaguars
Broncos
Bills

1-1-1 last week
1-1-1 overall
Isn’t a tie a loss?  We’re picking who WINS.  Guess it doesn’t matter since at affects everyone.

2-0-1 last week.

Us
Bills 
Broncs
(09-14-2022, 09:06 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]Isn’t a tie a loss?  We’re picking who WINS.  Doesn’t matter since at affects everyone.

2-0-1 last week.

Us
Bills 
Broncs

the way i see it a tie is a win,and lose. no one picked a tie here.   with that being said my overall record is  1.5 wins, and 1.5 loses.
(09-14-2022, 09:14 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-14-2022, 09:06 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]Isn’t a tie a loss?  We’re picking who WINS.  Doesn’t matter since at affects everyone.

2-0-1 last week.

Us
Bills 
Broncs

the way i see it a tie is a win,and lose. no one picked a tie here.   with that being said my overall record is  1.5 wins, and 1.5 loses.

WTH
(09-14-2022, 09:06 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]Isn’t a tie a loss?  We’re picking who WINS.  Guess it doesn’t matter since at affects everyone.

2-0-1 last week.

Us
Bills 
Broncs

you can take the L, that's fine...some of us need all the help catching up that we can get!
Jaguars over Colts:  I have no basis other than drinking the teal this week.  The colts actually have the better RB, O line, defense, and special teams.  QB and WRs are (currently) about equal.

OK, let me take another swig...

Jags over colts:  Jags are at home and Pederson will have them prepared  Because we currently own them.  The better team does not win.
Broncos over Texans:  The better team wins, at home.
Bills over Tacks:  see above

1-1-1 last week
1-1-1 overall
(09-14-2022, 09:06 AM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]Isn’t a tie a loss?  We’re picking who WINS.  Guess it doesn’t matter since at affects everyone.

2-0-1 last week.

Us
Bills 
Broncs

You picked the tacks last week, dude.  I remember because I picked the same and felt pretty confident that I had the same lineup as one of the better guys here....
(09-14-2022, 09:53 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]

2-0-1 last week.

Us
Bills 
Broncs

You picked the tacks last week, dude.  I remember because I picked the same and felt pretty confident that I had the same lineup as one of the better guys here....

Rico, you sneaky so-and-so

https://www.duvalpride.com/showthread.ph...pid1481236
(09-14-2022, 09:53 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]

2-0-1 last week.

Us
Bills 
Broncs

I was going from memory since I’m sitting in a golf cart.

1-1-1

That’s cool.  I want to win fair and square…again.   Big Grin Big Grin
(09-14-2022, 09:14 AM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]

2-0-1 last week.

Us
Bills 
Broncs

overall record 1.5  wins. 1.5 loses. 

this week i wil lgo with the Broncos Bills,and jags.
1-1-1 last week

Colts over Jaguars
Broncos over Texans
Bills over Titans
(09-13-2022, 12:06 PM)JagsorDie Wrote: [ -> ]Well until Bullseye gets back from his hiatus(hope all is well my man) I’ll keep this going. Last week was a little weird with no team in the division winning despite having two matched up against each other because of the game ending in a tie. As a result no one is undefeated. This week we have some decent matchups with the jags having the only home game.

Match ups:
Clots @ Jags 1:00pm- with our home opener and hopes to keep the clots winless in jax streak alive, this should be a good rebound game for our boys.
Tinhorns @ Broncos 4:25pm- Denver coming off a painful loss in Seattle looks to go to mile high to take on a tinhorns team that once is again playing a little better than what the preseason stats suggest.
Tacks @ Buffalo 7:15 Monday night- Buffalo will try and build off their dominating performance against LA in which they looked every bit the part of potential SB contenders.

My picks:

Jags- keep the streak alive
Broncos- learn from BS and get win
Bill- really don’t like either of these teams but I hate the tack more than any so I’ll be pulling for stupid bills mafia to pull this off. 

Record so far: 0-2-1

I want to pick the jags so bad, but I just can't, going clots. Hope I am wrong.
Taking Tinhorns. I don't think Denver is good.
Taking Bills. Hard one to call, but it seems like Tennessee might be heading for a rebuild.

Record so far 1-1-1

2-0-1 last week.

Us
Bills 
Broncs

I guess since everyone will have a tie on the record, it is sort of a push anyway. Like was said before, you would get instant legendary status if you call a tie and actually get it... That or I would wonder if you are a time traveler or something.
Pages: 1 2