Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Fake Meat Company Dropped by Restaurants
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Who the hell eats this crap anyway?????

Fake Meat Company Dropped by Restaurants Is Now Getting Even Worse News

In spite of “curiosity from some people looking for a meat alternative amid the Covid pandemic’s meat packing plant shutdowns,” red flags are abounding for Beyond Meat as the plant-based food manufacturer continues to lose money.

https://www.westernjournal.com/fake-meat...CZ7S9oNnUA
I ate the fake meat once.. My wife made those plant based frozen hamburgers from publix..

Gave me the worst farts..
water, pea protein isolate, expeller-pressed canola oil, refined coconut oil, rice protein, natural flavors, cocoa butter, mung bean protein, methylcellulose, potato starch, apple extract, salt, potassium chloride, vinegar, lemon juice concentrate, sunflower lecithin, pomegranate fruit powder, and beet juice extract (the beet juice give the burger its meat-like “blood”)

I don't want to eat that.
I don't understand everyone's dislike for beets.. A lot of ya tell me they taste like dirt. I don't taste it.. I like red beets.

My father in law grows and cans his own up in PA.. Whenever we go to visit, we're always bringing home home-grown canned beets.. Green beans and wax beans too. Good stuff!!
(09-18-2022, 11:03 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand everyone's dislike for beets.. A lot of ya tell me they taste like dirt. I don't taste it.. I like red beets.

My father in law grows and cans his own up in PA.. Whenever we go to visit, we're always bringing home home-grown canned beets.. Green beans and wax beans too. Good stuff!!

I can’t get past the smell when they’re cooking.
I've only ever had a black bean burger and it's not really meant to be fake meat. Those are fine and generally have some type of sauce or spiciness to add flavor.

I like Panera's black bean soup though so may be biased to like it.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
I ordered a mushroom burger while in Australia from a place that billed itself as an American style BBQ joint. It wasn't really smoked like BBQ because they have no deciduous hardwood trees to smoke with there. What they really use is sear smoke from grilling the meat. I digress. I ordered the burger with the full expectation of getting a hamburger loaded with mushrooms. No, it was a giant grilled mushroom slice on a bun. I was sick as a dog and hadn't eaten a meal in a couple of days, so I choked it down. What a cruel trick.
In 2020 when stores here ran out of every conceivable type of meat there were folks eyeballing this brand of "meat" and trying to decide if they were that desperate. I knew I wasn't and just kept walking. 

I don't do fake food.
Why would restaurants discontinue serving SPAM? it's awesome!
I guess I can put a hold on my fake pudding business.

Sucks, because I was really churning out some product.   I don’t know what to do with it know.
(09-19-2022, 05:18 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Why would restaurants discontinue serving SPAM?  it's awesome!

We just had Hawaiian Burgers a couple of weeks ago.. Grilled up slices of Spam and pineapple.. we made like a spicy mango glaze to put on it.. Completely awesome...
[Image: veganmeme.jpg]
(09-19-2022, 05:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ][Image: veganmeme.jpg]

I'd eat a vegan before i'd eat their food..

That mango glaze, dude..
(09-19-2022, 05:45 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2022, 05:44 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ][Image: veganmeme.jpg]

I'd eat a vegan before i'd eat their food..

That mango glaze, dude..

I ate vegan a few times, college was full of them.
(09-19-2022, 05:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2022, 05:45 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I'd eat a vegan before i'd eat their food..

That mango glaze, dude..

I ate vegan a few times, college was full of them.

Blah... Gimmie a thick girl who likes a cheeseburger once in a while.

Oh wait, I already married one lol
(09-19-2022, 05:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2022, 05:47 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I ate vegan a few times, college was full of them.

Blah... Gimmie a thick girl who likes a cheeseburger once in a while.

Hey, I didn't say I married them, but when they offer a bowl and breakfast it's an easy yes.
(09-19-2022, 06:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2022, 05:51 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Blah... Gimmie a thick girl who likes a cheeseburger once in a while.

Hey, I didn't say I married them, but when they offer a bowl and breakfast it's an easy yes.

Idk man.. For some reason when I think vegan chick, I think of long, greasy hair, nasty skin with bad acne, eats my yard trash and smells like an armpit.. I know they all don't look like that, but.. Let's just say I had a bad time lolol
(09-19-2022, 06:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2022, 06:02 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I didn't say I married them, but when they offer a bowl and breakfast it's an easy yes.

Idk man.. For some reason when I think vegan chick, I think of long, greasy hair, nasty skin with bad acne, eats my yard trash and smells like an armpit.. I know they all don't look like that, but.. Let's just say I had a bad time lolol

Like.. why hook up with her in the first place?  I question your decision making skills.
(09-19-2022, 06:41 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-19-2022, 06:08 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]Idk man.. For some reason when I think vegan chick, I think of long, greasy hair, nasty skin with bad acne, eats my yard trash and smells like an armpit.. I know they all don't look like that, but.. Let's just say I had a bad time lolol

Like.. why hook up with her in the first place?  I question your decision making skills.

One of the many reasons why I chilled out on the hard liquor..
(09-19-2022, 05:18 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]Why would restaurants discontinue serving SPAM?  it's awesome!

I had Spam for lunch.
Pages: 1 2 3