Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars Defensive rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Jaguars have forced the 2nd most turnovers in the league. 

Jags rank 2nd in defensive interceptions with 5. (Last year they only had 7). I read somewhere else where they are tied with the Bills for 1st.

Jags rank 2nd in forced turnovers with 6

Jags are tied for 5th in sacks with 6.

Jags tied for 3rd in forced fumbles

Walker and Allen after 2 games:
-3 sacks
-2 Forced Fumbles 
-1 interception
-4 TFL
-5 QB Hits

Defense ranks 5th in ppg

Offense ranks 12th in ppg
Expectations are among us. I expect our D to be ranked within the top 5 within 2022. SACKSONVILLE may be back. I pray to the Lord above that I don't jinx us.

Time Will Tell.

NH3.
Good stuff. Probably be hard to maintain the pace, but I had a feeling coming into the season this would be a top 10 defense by the end of the year. Certainly didn’t expect that out of the gate.
We are 3rd in run D
The week 2 game may end up being a bit of an outlier for us statistically, but that's OK.

I'll have to go find the post, but I think I predicted the defense would jump to the 12th-16th range in most categories after dwelling in the basement last year. Looks like we are on a pace to make that happen if we stay mostly healthy.
*knocks on multiple wood surfaces*
the big thing is if we can get turnovers and give the offense more opportunities we just might be a very good team this year. but we need to play good football.
(09-22-2022, 07:37 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Jags rank 2nd in defensive interceptions with 5. (Last year they only had 7). I read somewhere else where they are tied with the Bills for 1st.

Bills also have 5 ints but the media now loves them so they rank #1 i guess.
We also have the best turnover differential in the league at +5
(09-22-2022, 02:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-22-2022, 07:37 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Jags rank 2nd in defensive interceptions with 5. (Last year they only had 7). I read somewhere else where they are tied with the Bills for 1st.

Bills also have 5 ints but the media now loves them so they rank #1 i guess.

it's alphabetical order, Buffalo comes before Duval.
Getting turnovers on D is huge. Not only is it advantageous to score on the other team's opportunities, but it's a huge momentum and emotion boost. Teams who force turnovers win games, period.
This is so nice to see. Let's keep it up jags!
Im surprised nobody has mentioned the turnover chain. The D is very confident right now, I wonder who gets it next?
(09-22-2022, 07:37 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Jaguars have forced the 2nd most turnovers in the league. 

Jags rank 2nd in defensive interceptions with 5. (Last year they only had 7). I read somewhere else where they are tied with the Bills for 1st.

Jags rank 2nd in forced turnovers with 6

Jags are tied for 5th in sacks with 6.

Jags tied for 3rd in forced fumbles

Walker and Allen after 2 games:
-3 sacks
-2 Forced Fumbles 
-1 interception
-4 TFL
-5 QB Hits

Defense ranks 5th in ppg

Offense ranks 12th in ppg

[Image: giphy-downsized-large.gif]

Odds of winning go through the roof when winning the turnover battle.
Love the swag this D has been playing with. This week is a huge test.
The impact of our 2 first round draft picks on defense have hit the ground running and have started out with a BANG

in just 2 ball games Walker and Lloyd have combined for:

Tackles - 23
Sacks - 1
Int - 2
PD - 3

It’s just sickening that Chaisson didn’t live up to expectations. The impact that Lloyd and Walker have provided are just what we needed.

To the footballs gods…please don’t let this post jinx anything.
in 2021 we had a total of 9 turnovers and scored 16 total points off of those. That's in 17 games.

In 2 games this year, we have 6 turnovers and have scored 17 points off of them. TWO games.

I understand we have better players this year, but my god Meyer was the worst coach in history.
We have played Washington and what appeared to be a dysfunctional Colts team last week. The defense has really begun to come together but it is this week we will find out how good we really are. I expect a few "growing pains" this week as we face a pretty complete team for the first time. Here is to hoping !!!
(09-23-2022, 10:55 AM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]We have played Washington and what appeared to be a dysfunctional Colts team last week.  The defense has really begun to come together but it is this week we will find out how good we really are.  I expect a few "growing pains" this week as we face a pretty complete team for the first time.  Here is to hoping !!!

this might be true, but Washington has been scoring more than 24 per game and have 7 passing TDs, and Matt Ryan had put up over 300 passing yards and over 500 yards of offence the week before in Houston and ended with a tie.

we cause havok and created turnover in two straight games, that isn't luck that means we have real coaches and players are super confident in their ability. 

we are 1 play away from being 2-0 instead of 1-1.  if we were 2-0 we be highly regarded as a opponent.
(09-23-2022, 12:55 PM)icey14 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-23-2022, 10:55 AM)Jag149 Wrote: [ -> ]We have played Washington and what appeared to be a dysfunctional Colts team last week.  The defense has really begun to come together but it is this week we will find out how good we really are.  I expect a few "growing pains" this week as we face a pretty complete team for the first time.  Here is to hoping !!!

this might be true, but Washington has been scoring more than 24 per game and have 7 passing TDs, and Matt Ryan had put up over 300 passing yards and over 500 yards of offence the week before in Houston and ended with a tie.

we cause havok and created turnover in two straight games, that isn't luck that means we have real coaches and players are super confident in their ability. 

we are 1 play away from being 2-0 instead of 1-1.  if we were 2-0 we be highly regarded as a opponent.

I agree and am with you. It will just take me a few games ... I am hoping this is a trend ...
I saw this article.  They ranked 4 offensive players as the best rookies through week 2, but guess who ranked #5 and #6?  Travon Walker and Devin Lloyd.  Yes, in other words, we got the 2 best defensive players in the draft!

Rookie Power Rankings
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5