Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Wow! Just wow! Too early to change expectations?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am shocked with how complete this team looks. 

Trevor- run game - o line - playmakers

Pass rush- linebackers- just enough in secondary.

Special teams -turnover margin -penalties - and  overall coaching

I was hoping for 6-8 wins at the beginning of the year. 

But if we can stay healthy (knock wood) and Trevor and the young d continues to improve are we the best team in this division? 

I am eating crow right now Trent Baalke obviously all of our off-season moves looks so far to have hit big and completely changed this team. 

I am still a little weary from decades of losing but I am so excited right now it’s hard not to think we have turned the corner!
I still think somewhere around .500, we're young and the bumps will come.
Yes, still to early… great win against a beat up team. Next week will tell us all a lot about who the Jags are…
I am thinking we finally lucked out with FA
(09-25-2022, 08:18 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, still to early… great win against a beat up team. Next week will tell us all a lot about who the Jags are…

Don't buy into that.  They were missing a couple guys, we were missing our #1 corner.  No one was feeling sorry 4 us.

Trevor took a step today. Just looks comfortable out there. The passes to zay Jones, Marvin Jones and even the one to engram were next level. Finding guys late in the play by stepping up in the pocket. If he can stay @ or near this level this team is hoping to be a problem.
(09-25-2022, 08:20 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]I am thinking we finally lucked out with FA

Yes all of our signings are contributing in major ways. Zay looked really good today, and Kirk continues to ball.
(09-25-2022, 08:20 PM)jaglyn Wrote: [ -> ]I am thinking we finally lucked out with FA
Doug Pederson man. He’s the key.

None of this happens without him.
My original prediction was 6 wins, 7 if we stay mostly heathy, 8 if the football gods smile upon us.

I wouldn't shift it by more than a game in the good direction, because this whole thing could crumble rapidly with the wrong injury or two.

Great to feel confident that we'll compete in damn near every game though.

The QB is real, the coaches are real, the defensive talent is real, the weekly prep/scheme/game-plan/execution is real.
Things are looking up.
its simple celbreate the back to back wins for 24   hours,then move on to phily game. one week ,one game at a time.
Agreed WOW, looks like we have a team again boys!!! Stoked .

We havent played a complete game like that since, shoot, well since last week!! Refreshing!

Jags football is fun again!
(09-25-2022, 08:18 PM)Ronster Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, still to early… great win against a beat up team. Next week will tell us all a lot about who the Jags are…

It's not too early to recognize that this team has quality talent and coaching. Clearly the coaching staff already understands how to use the team strengths, and the only real concerns from here are about injuries.

Can the Jaguars still lose games? Clearly. Does that mean the team isn't good enough to have a legitimate chance to win any remaining game? No, if they stay reasonably healthy this team will have a legit chance in every game from here on out.

The Jags have a great coach, a legit QB, and a good defense. That's a winning formula
We look like a team that expects success. Complete control of the ball and the game. Maybe we can win this division.
Walker and Lloyd have looked incredible early. Teams will start figuring out their tendencies, so that might bring our rookies down to earth a bit, or they might overcome it. Can't wait to find out
I’ve always been a players not plays guy but my god does Doug have a MASSIVE influence on this team and is changing my mind. His offense is brilliant and Trent has us loaded with young talent. I think we are a year away from really making a run but this is amazing!
Their defense was only missing Bosa yes their offense was banged up but their non banged up side allowed us to score 38 points. Now I still will always have my doubts, I don't think ANY of our games are gimmes. But hopefully we keep winning and we don't get to the point where we "think" we should win because we are better.
(09-25-2022, 08:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Walker and Lloyd have looked incredible early.  Teams will start figuring out their tendencies, so that might bring our rookies down to earth a bit, or they might overcome it.  Can't wait to find out

Walkers going to "figure out" tackles b4 they figure out his size and speed.  

As for Lloyd, the two positions that adapt the fastest to the league are RB and ILB.  When he was drafted heimmediately became a candidate for rookie of the year.  That skill in coverage translates.  

They'll have ups and downs but my expectation is that they'll be better in the later half of the season.
Man we have some tough games coming though.
(09-25-2022, 08:24 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]My original prediction was 6 wins, 7 if we stay mostly heathy, 8 if the football gods smile upon us.

I wouldn't shift it by more than a game in the good direction, because this whole thing could crumble rapidly with the wrong injury or two.

Great to feel confident that we'll compete in damn near every game though.

The QB is real, the coaches are real, the defensive talent is real, the weekly prep/scheme/game-plan/execution is real.
Things are looking up.

We are gonna win 9 games. Mark it down.
It’s very rare to get production from 2 first round draft picks. The last time it happened was 1998 Taylor and Darius. But you could also make a case for Lawrence and Etienne.

Cam Robinson and Jawan Taylor with another text book game.

Robinson and Taylor gave up 0 sacks against Khalil Mack and limited time Joey Bosa.
(09-25-2022, 08:24 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
Doug Pederson man. He’s the key.

None of this happens without him.

Agreed. The impact he has had so quickly is very impressive. He spoke of earning trust and rebuilding confidence in the players but the whole team has bought in. The wins have been amazing but what I'm most impressed with is the effort and heart the players are showing. Playing smart, working for each other, celebrating with each other, this team is going in all the right directions.

Also got to credit Mike Caldwell. Incredible job getting this D on the same page so quickly and at such a level. Buckner has got that D line hungry and dominating and Rauscher has done more in 3 games with the OL than Warhop did in 3 years. Cam and Taylor were great today and Fortner has been doing so well for a rookie C. I always think its a good day for a rookie Olineman if you don't hear his name often on commentary.

Like you say it starts with Doug but we have competence at every position too.
Pages: 1 2