Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: TWITAFCS - Week 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Welp, another week, another chance for ol' mikey to plummet down the standings. While this season has been fun and unexpected as a Jags fan, as a prognosticator it's been miserable chaos.  Here's the slate for this Sunday:

SD LA Chargers @ tinhorns: Chargers took a frustrating loss to the Jags a week ago, and the injuries continue to pile up. The tinhorns lost to the lowly Burrs on a bad interception late in the game. Lesson: do not throw in the direction of Roquan Smith. There's easily 10 players on that defense worse than him.  

tacks @ clots: LET'S GO METEOR!! Tennessee tried everything possible to lose to the Raiders last week, in a game that should have been a washout. clots similarly defied the odds of a washout, surprising nearly everyone with an upset of the Chiefs.

Duval @ Iggles: This should be appointment viewing for every NFL fan. Two defenses that have been smothering opponents match up against two offenses that are firing on all cylinders.

Here's my picks, take them with a grain of salt, as I'm at a shaky 4-5-1 on the season:

bolts 21 tinhorns (H) 13: While the injuries limit the Bolts' explosiveness, they do just enough to get back on the winning track. How does Lovie find a way to lose this one?
clots (H) 17 tacks 16: this game doesn't deserve words.
IGGLES 31 Duval 24: I still don't know what to make of this game. It could just as easily be 14-10 final, based on the D's. I see Philly as the more veteran squad, built more for the win now. Doug will have our team ready to play, and despite the loss, the team can still hold their chin up that they are up for any challenge this season.
3-6-1 overall

Chargers over Texans
Titans over Colts
Eagles over Jaguars
3-6-1

bolt
tack
JAGS (ah, screw it, practical thinking did me no good last week)
3-6-1

Chargers
Eagles
Titans
3-1 last week  .  7.5 wins   2.5 loses overall.

this week i will pick  

Colts

eagles pull it out in a closer game then people expect.

Texans with the upset this week.
2-2 last week
5-4-1 overall

Bolts
Tacks
Jags
2-2 last week

5-4-1 for the season

Bolts rebound against the tinhorns
tacks run all over the twinkies
Iggles over the Good guys. Back to back road games for a young team is difficult then throw in the chaos of Ian and this unfortunately will be too much for our men in teal to overcome. With that said, I wouldn’t be surprised if we win by 3 scores.
Bolts
Tacks
Jags

Last week: 2 - 2

Overall:      5 - 4- 1
6-3-1

Bolts
Tacks
Birds
Chargers
Titans
Jaguars

Last week:   1-3
Overall:       5-4-1
1-3 last week
4-5-1 overall

Jags
Chargers
Titans
2-2 last week, 5-4 so far.

I didn't expect the Jaguars to win against the Chargers, but now the sky is the limit in my eyes, so this week I'll go Jaguars, chargers, and clots.

Jaguars because from what I've seen it seems the eagles play a style of defense that will let the Jaguars continue what they've been successful with recently while I think the DC has a good idea how to play against the eagles. Something like 27-20.

Chargers because they get to take their frustration at being whipped out on the texans. I'm thinking something like 24-13.

clots because tuck the facks.
I'm a gross 4-5-1 after going 1-3 last week.

Gonna say

Bolts beat the lowly Texans
Colts as the home team in a game of bad teams who were supposed to be better
Jags shock the world and win over the iggles
4-5-1 after going 0-4 last week. 2 plays go different in the Texans and Raiders, and I'm coming in with 6 wins.

But they didn't.

I'll go with the Texans over the bolts. Chargers aren't what I thought they were, and I'm wondering if Herbert might be more injured than they're letting on.
Tacks over the colts. Colts are probably the better team, but they can be run on.
Eagles over the Jags. I think the Jags can take 'em, but if I go winless this week I won't be disappointed. I wasn't last week.
going with
bolts taking it out on the poor horns - (who we have next week btw)
clots over stinkin' tacks  Sick 

our Jaguars over iggles in a tough one!  Banana
(09-29-2022, 10:28 AM)unf_nashvillian Wrote: [ -> ]3-6-1 overall

Chargers over Texans
Titans over Colts
Eagles over Jaguars

Ah someone else doing just as bad as me. I am embracing the secret to a better performance and inversing you.

Texans - I mean it could happen
Colts - they somehow beat the chiefs
Jags -pretty much gaurenteed to lose now that I picked them.
Overall 3-6-1
5-4-1

Chargers
Colts
Jaguars
First time participating.

Going with:
Chargers
tacks
Eagles in a close one.

I want to pick the Jags, I just think the previous week of travel out west and back and the disruption from the storm might affect the team. Also, we haven’t really seen the ball bounce in favor of the other team yet and it will eventually. If Trevor is allowed to get the ball out quickly and accurately as he has the past 2 weeks, we’ll win because it has limited opposing pass rush and we’ve moved the ball effectively and I think our defense will slow them enough. Hope I’m wrong about the pick.

Edit: To add, I can envision a scenario where we blow them out. I cannot envision a scenario where we get blown out.
I'm 4-3 overall, I missed week 1

This week I'm going

Jags
Colts
Texans
[BLEEP] it. Give me the Jags.
Pages: 1 2