Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 3 2 1 vs Eagles Round 4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shame no win

Onwards to next week

3- Agnew
2- Cisco
1- Allen
3. Agnew
2. Cisco
1. Campbell
3. Agnew - Pretty big game today. Should have had 3 TD's had it not been for that over throw on what was honestly one of the best double moves I have seen a Jaguar make in years.

2. Cisco - Man, that early pick six was nice. Helped create an opportunity to set the tone in our favor early.

1. Oloukon - 3 TFL's today. Had double digit tackles. The defense got beat up on the ground today but this offense did them absolutely no favors with 5 turnovers.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Last week, I had so many players that I wanted to recognize.  This week, it took effort to find three worthy of points.  Here are mine:

3:  Agnew - He had 2 touchdowns and was wide open for a potential third, but got a bad throw.

2:  Cisco - He had an interception that he ran back for a pick 6.  

1:  Cooke - He averaged over 53 yards on his punts.
(10-02-2022, 04:50 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]Last week, I had so many players that I wanted to recognize.  This week, it took effort to find three worthy of points.  Here are mine:

3:  Agnew - He had 2 touchdowns and was wide open for a potential third, but got a bad throw.

2:  Cisco - He had an interception that he ran back for a pick 6.  

1:  Cooke - He averaged over 53 yards on his punts.

Cooke will probably be on my list as well.
3. Cisco
2. Agnew
1. Josh Allen

In reality, no one gets anything
1. Agnew - stepped up big in Zay's place.

Nobody else deserved points.
Agnew
Oloukon
Cisco

But man Cisco has to be more aggressive in run support.
3) Agnew - stepped up and made the most of this opportunity
2) Cisco - pick 6, what else can you say. You should win games when the other team spots you 7.
1) Cooke - I wanted to mention Darious Williams as well for the pass defense/tip that led to the pick 6, but Cooke needed to be on this list for doing his job really well. Kinda sucks when the punter is on this list.

No revelations jumped out to me on re-watching the game except I didn't find a lack of running plays as I kept hearing about in threads. I felt like we called plenty of running plays. Sure, you'd like to see Robinson specifically get more carries, but the run/pass split was 19/23. We just had too many drives cut short by turnovers is all and a lack of offensive plays as a result. The Eagles O-line out muscled our D-line in the run game and Hurts had some great play fakes that made my eyes follow the assumed ball carrier and the Jags bought it as well as they chased the "ball carrier" down and tackled him only to find out Hurts still had the ball and made a play elsewhere. But anytime they needed a yard or two, the entire pile would always move forward.

Also, our defense doesn't appear to be built to stop a power run game. Hopefully we don't find ourselves down late in games against a team like Tennessee as I think they'll still be able to just impose their will on us. No, this team is built to get a lead and then tee off with pass rush which is what we did in weeks 2 and 3 with great success.

NC - Obviously Lawrence, but I'm not concerned about him as I've stated in previous threads. Taylor should be mentioned as well as he was little more than a speed bump on several key plays.
3. Agnew
2. Cisco
1. Cooke

NC: Trevor Lawrence
3. Agnew
2. Cisco
1. Campbell
I forgot the NC, but it is obviously Trevor Lawrence.
(10-04-2022, 10:09 PM)TheDuke007 Wrote: [ -> ]I forgot the NC, but it is obviously Trevor Lawrence.

rules be danged, my NC goes to the [BLEEP] Philadelphia weather, or at least assign the cone of shame to "Ian".

We should make this an honorary exception, it is most deserving.
I still haven't been able to watch the game. (hurricane repairs and lack of internet service until yesterday)
Concern about what I'm hearing about OL performance and too few carries for our backs.
Also run defense slipping back to old ways apparently.
(10-05-2022, 09:12 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]I still haven't been able to watch the game. (hurricane repairs and lack of internet service until yesterday)
Concern about what I'm hearing about OL performance and too few carries for our backs.
Also run defense slipping back to old ways apparently.

I suggest not watching it. Not to spoil anything but, we jumped out to a 14 pt lead, were well on our way to scoring more pts, Trevor over threw a wide open agnew in the endzone on a double move and then we had a 4th and 3 trevor scrambled out and dropped the ball on 4th down so we didn't pick it up obviously. Eagles got the ball and scored. 

Then we got back down deep in their territory and Trevor threw a pretty bad late throw interception. Eagles again ran down the field to score. Our offense flustered for awhile then finally when we were down 29-14 Trevor hit a wide open kirk for like 40 yards, then Agnew got a nice TD to put it to 21-29. Eagles tried running out the clock and we stopped them on 4th down (they were in fg range, but I'm guessing didn't want to risk a FG in the weather. Now there was sub 2 minutes left in the game, we had a chance to go down to tie the game and the first play Trevor Dropped back and got strip sacked for his 4th fumble of the day. 

TL;DR
Jumped out to a big lead, felt good
Fumble ruined momentum, Eagles took it with stride. 
Finally got back later in the 4th with a chance to tie, fumbled first play.

Run D was sloppy, but likely had more to do with slipper conditions. Same with the Fumbles/drops
Bumpity bump

Reminder to get ya votes in people
Good afternoon all

here are the results for round 4

Agnew 29
Cisco 18
Cooke 3
Oloukon 3
Allen 2
Campbell 2

Agnew the clear winner belting out the rest of the pack