Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Some people will cheat at anything, even a fishing tourney........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lake Erie fishing tournament ends in cheating controversy

Fishermen have apparently been duping competitors over several recent events

A fishing tournament on Lake Erie resulted in the champions getting caught for cheating.

Chase Cominsky and Jake Runyan were caught stuffing their fish at the Lake Erie Walleye Trail in Ohio on Friday with lead weights, fish fillets and other debris to take home a money prize for heaviest fish.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/lake-erie...ontroversy
I used to fish a lot of bass tournaments here in Florida and some in Georgia.  Doing something like this would probably get you killed or at the very least a good [BLEEP] kicking.
This isn’t the first time that I’ve seen this type of story.
(10-03-2022, 05:12 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]This isn’t the first time that I’ve seen this type of story.

Yep!   Some will even catch a day or so and keep until a tourney.
I'm reminded of the one-armed man who told me he caught a fish "this big".
Over the many years I fished the GJKT they caught quite a few weight stuffers. They are quietly disqualified and dealt with as Jacksonville is no place to attempt stealing from these fisherman. They metal detect all the fish.
(10-03-2022, 06:25 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2022, 05:12 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]This isn’t the first time that I’ve seen this type of story.

Yep!   Some will even catch a day or so and keep until a tourney.

I can’t say I read the link, but the story I saw on TV a few years ago the dude caught a catfish a few weeks earlier and froze it.  Then thawed it for the tournament.
(10-03-2022, 06:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm reminded of the one-armed man who told me he caught a fish "this big".

So was it infinity long?
(10-03-2022, 07:00 PM)RicoTx Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2022, 06:25 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Yep!   Some will even catch a day or so and keep until a tourney.

I can’t say I read the link, but the story I saw on TV a few years ago the dude caught a catfish a few weeks earlier and froze it.  Then thawed it for the tournament.
That’s what I’ve heard as well.  Previously caught fish being registered into the tourney.  Which makes it for the “average” person who works has little chance.  Obviously the “pro” or even retired guys have an advantage if they wanna win via being deceptive.  Me personally, I wouldn’t accept any win unless I kicked your [BLEEP] or earned it.  But there are losers out there.
(10-03-2022, 07:20 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2022, 06:32 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]I'm reminded of the one-armed man who told me he caught a fish "this big".

So was it infinity long?

Then I told him how I once caught a fish so big the picture weighed 5 pounds.
As Steven Wright once said, " There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. "
(10-03-2022, 07:41 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]As Steven Wright once said, " There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. "

Don’t tell HB, but I’m the latter.

(10-03-2022, 07:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2022, 07:20 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]So was it infinity long?

Then I told him how I once caught a fish so big the picture weighed 5 pounds.

Must’ve been using a poloroid.
(10-03-2022, 07:43 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2022, 07:41 PM)Jagwired Wrote: [ -> ]As Steven Wright once said, " There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. "

Don’t tell HB, but I’m the latter.

(10-03-2022, 07:38 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]Then I told him how I once caught a fish so big the picture weighed 5 pounds.

Me too. Heck, sometimes I don't even bother bringing a fishing pole. People just point at me with a curious look on their faces.
(10-03-2022, 08:24 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-03-2022, 07:43 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Don’t tell HB, but I’m the latter.

Me too. Heck, sometimes I don't even bother bringing a fishing pole. People just point at me with a curious look on their faces.

A lot of people go to the beach/pier whatever without a pole.  Are you physically just going through the motions?  If so… what are you using?