Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: RNC says Google suppressed more than 22M GOTV, fundraising emails
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, Right Google... I'm sure your company is not full of Leftist Liberals.......

RNC says Google suppressed more than 22M GOTV, fundraising emails in September, exploring 'legal options'

Google says party affiliation does not impact whether emails are sent to Gmail spam folders

EXCLUSIVE: The Republican National Committee says Google is suppressing get-out-the-vote and fundraising emails by sending millions of GOP election emails to users’ Gmail spam folders, with party leadership threatening to explore legal options to "put an end" to what they call a "clear pattern of bias." 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/rnc-say...al-options
Ya, of course they did. These tech companies are Obamanites and have been working with Democrats for a long time now.

Use DuckDuckGo instead
I know it makes political sense to blame "leftist liberals" for as much stuff as they can, but maybe registered Republicans are just better at managing their email?  Or maybe the RNC doesn't understand how people manage their own email?  Or maybe the RNC doesn't want people to be able to avoid solicitations for money?  

I know I have sent political donation requests to my spam folder, and made sure any future emails of that type go straight to the spam folder.
(10-04-2022, 08:17 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]I know it makes political sense to blame "leftist liberals" for as much stuff as they can, but maybe registered Republicans are just better at managing their email?  Or maybe the RNC doesn't understand how people manage their own email?  Or maybe the RNC doesn't want people to be able to avoid solicitations for money?  

I know I have sent political donation requests to my spam folder, and made sure any future emails of that type go straight to the spam folder.

Thanks, Mike. I mean Marty.
Does the RNC have any right to avoid Google's spam filter? Should a judge interfere in a how a private company operates such an algorithm? Is the government already interfering with this? I don't think they are. They obviously track and intercept certain emails when they have a warrant, but otherwise, I don't think they interfere. Do we want them to start?
(10-04-2022, 10:03 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Does the RNC have any right to avoid Google's spam filter? Should a judge interfere in a how a private company operates such an algorithm?  Is the government already interfering with this? I don't think they are.  They obviously track and intercept certain emails when they have a warrant, but otherwise, I don't think they interfere.  Do we want them to start?

If the FEC investigates and discovers the RNC's assertion is true, then it will be up to a judge to determine its veracity. 

...Republican Party officials told Fox News that Google’s "disproportionate suppression of Republican emails constitutes an illegal corporate contribution to Democrat candidates."...
(10-04-2022, 10:54 AM)homebiscuit Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2022, 10:03 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Does the RNC have any right to avoid Google's spam filter? Should a judge interfere in a how a private company operates such an algorithm?  Is the government already interfering with this? I don't think they are.  They obviously track and intercept certain emails when they have a warrant, but otherwise, I don't think they interfere.  Do we want them to start?

If the FEC investigates and discovers the RNC's assertion is true, then it will be up to a judge to determine its veracity. 

...Republican Party officials told Fox News that Google’s "disproportionate suppression of Republican emails constitutes an illegal corporate contribution to Democrat candidates."...

It's a hairy situation for sure.  If the FEC is inclined to pursue that, Google will probably wish to avoid discovery at all costs and attempt to settle with the FEC and RNC.  Google will have to whitelist certain bulk emailers and everyone will see more spam.  But Google would prefer that because they do not want the details of their spam filter to be public because the spammers will use it to their advantage.

But this is speculative because I don't think the FEC wants to touch it.  RNC would need a really obvious smoking gun to make the FEC feel any urgency and they don't have one at this point.
(10-04-2022, 10:03 AM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]Does the RNC have any right to avoid Google's spam filter? Should a judge interfere in a how a private company operates such an algorithm? Is the government already interfering with this? I don't think they are. They obviously track and intercept certain emails when they have a warrant, but otherwise, I don't think they interfere. Do we want them to start?
The key is a private company doing this and are they letting their users know this.

This is a big issue and the secrecy that they claim they need are the problem. I'm fine if they want to do what they want as a private company as long as they are following the laws. They aren't a completely private company though, have lots of government contracts, etc and because of the size are a monopoly that has been protected.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Private companies don't get to have lie to their consumers, though. Republicans need to stop treating corporations like they are immune from the law. At the very least, if true, it's a deceptive practice that unknowingly disenfranchises a political party.