Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Velma Depicted as a Lesbian in New 'Scooby-Doo' Film
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Velma Depicted as a Lesbian in New 'Scooby-Doo' Film

The long-running cartoon “Scooby-Doo” has depicted one of its main characters as being lesbian in its new movie, “Trick or Treat Scooby-Doo!”

Velma, one of the five primary characters and team member of Mystery Inc., has gone viral for a tweet showing a clip of her being struck speechless by one of the new female characters, a costume designer named Coco Diablo, according to Variety.

https://ijr.com/velma-depicted-lesbian-n...manualpost
I grew up watching the original Scooby Doo, big fan as a kid. I don't know, I don't care too much about this. She's always had the gay vibes working... If you don't like it, don't watch it... I will say, everything doesn't have to be gay or black, but these days if it a'int gay or black then its racist or homophobe...
That's one of those things that were pretty obvious, like Shaggy being a stoner or like Fred and Daphne being friends with benefits. Don't know why it's a big deal.
Oh yeah, she’d definitely be playing women's softball if she wasn’t riding around solving mysteries!
(10-05-2022, 05:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah, she’d definitely be playing women's softball if she wasn’t riding around solving mysteries!

Having dinner at the Y.
Yeah this was pretty much a given.. Thelma coulda easily been Theo..
No shocker there.  Matter of fact, when I had my floors installed, the flooring company subcontracted her to take care of all the old carpet.
(10-05-2022, 05:40 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh yeah, she’d definitely be playing women's softball if she wasn’t riding around solving mysteries!

Back in my Navy days I inadvertently spun a guy up making the women’s softball reference. His wife had played softball in college. Given his reaction, I definitely got the impression it wasn’t the first time he felt compelled to defend her rather than joking that he got the one who prefers bats over catcher’s mitts, which is how I replied. We didn’t particularly get along well after that. He was a grudge carrier.
I'd have figured Fred to be the gay one, but whatever...
(10-06-2022, 09:44 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd have figured Fred to be the gay one, but whatever...

It was the ascot lolol
(10-06-2022, 09:55 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2022, 09:44 AM)anonymous2112 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd have figured Fred to be the gay one, but whatever...

It was the ascot lolol

Those will do it.  I even made fun of my brother for having to wear one at times in the army.  But he’s cool.  Though, now that I think about it…if I wear a neck gator at work, is that close enough? Hang on.. Y’all leave Fred alone.  Seems like a good guy with his head on straight (pun intended).  If it weren’t for Fred, nothing would have gotten done. Velma would be attempting to side track Daphne.  So Daph and “V is for (apparently) Velma” are out.  They ain’t getting [BLEEP] done. Fred is the main sleuth, gumshoe, detective whatever his official title was.  He was the dude holding the keys to the mystery machine.
(10-06-2022, 06:12 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2022, 09:55 AM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]It was the ascot lolol

Those will do it.  I even made fun of my brother for having to wear one at times in the army.  But he’s cool.  Though, now that I think about it…if I wear a neck gator at work, is that close enough? Hang on.. Y’all leave Fred alone.  Seems like a good guy with his head on straight (pun intended).  If it weren’t for Fred, nothing would have gotten done. Velma would be attempting to side track Daphne.  So Daph and “V is for (apparently) Velma” are out.  They ain’t getting [BLEEP] done. Fred is the main sleuth, gumshoe, detective whatever his official title was.  He was the dude holding the keys to the mystery machine.

Eh, he was tryin to get laid. You know him and Daph had a thing goin. I mean hell, she was a long legged  red head. Wouldn't you give it a try too? lolol
(10-06-2022, 06:25 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-06-2022, 06:12 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]Those will do it.  I even made fun of my brother for having to wear one at times in the army.  But he’s cool.  Though, now that I think about it…if I wear a neck gator at work, is that close enough? Hang on.. Y’all leave Fred alone.  Seems like a good guy with his head on straight (pun intended).  If it weren’t for Fred, nothing would have gotten done. Velma would be attempting to side track Daphne.  So Daph and “V is for (apparently) Velma” are out.  They ain’t getting [BLEEP] done. Fred is the main sleuth, gumshoe, detective whatever his official title was.  He was the dude holding the keys to the mystery machine.

Eh, he was tryin to get laid. You know him and Daph had a thing goin. I mean hell, she was a long legged  red head. Wouldn't you give it a try too? lolol

I’d try anything once.  Who ya kidding?  Haha

Or are you suggesting that Fred didn’t give two [BLEEP] about the mysteries and was only in it for the “V is (apparently) not for Velma? That’s an interesting take.  I’ve not heard that one before.  But it does lend credence to him wearing that stupid ascot. Because you know those “metro” guys are taking in the toon pang.