Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Attending a Game
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
One thing I am getting really tired of at the home games- that ear splitting music.  I wish they would just turn it off and let the crowd provide the noise.  

Question for the people who attend the games- do you like that stuff?
(10-12-2022, 11:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I am getting really tired of at the home games- that ear splitting music.  I wish they would just turn it off and let the crowd provide the noise.  

Ahhh the good ole days of Skynyrd pumping out of the stadium speakers, at an ungodly 150 decibels of nothing but high end scratchy Sweet Home Alabama!!
I can tolerate most of it but during one timeout they played something that was other worldly. It was a literal cacophony. It wasn’t rap. It wasn’t rock. It wasn’t anything I could put a name to. It was uncomfortably shrill and discordant.

They’ll never do away with the music but the least they could do is not play stuff that was seemingly chosen by a 15-year-old and be a little more balanced in their selections.
(10-12-2022, 11:41 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]One thing I am getting really tired of at the home games- that ear splitting music.  I wish they would just turn it off and let the crowd provide the noise.  

Definitely !!!  It's even worse at an NBA game.
Going to the games is the most overrated thing ever.

It's not loud at all to me - but I think they could cue it up it less often and end it sooner before the snap

I enjoy the gamely experience when it's not brutally hot
(10-12-2022, 01:33 PM)MyKids Wrote: [ -> ]Going to the games is the most overrated thing ever.

Sorry But Not Sorry for saying that you're Completely Incorrect. Being within the stadium when we lose is Heart Wrenching BUT being within the stadium when we Win is Overwelming to say the least. As an Season Ticket holder I understand the importance of being within the stadium and rooting for the Home Team.

The supportive attendance and the loudness of the attendees reflects on our team to say the least.
Supporting our team via. Home Games strenthens our team. Will you attend Home Games?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
I think this is driven by the fan voted song that gets played in the 2nd half. Last game the fans voted for that Skrillex song which when it got played I was thinking “people voted for this?” It’s an electronic style called dub step I believe. The “song” was terrible.
Ah I found the song.  Here it is again for your listening enjoyment:

Skrillex Bangarang
(10-12-2022, 02:20 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]Ah I found the song.  Here it is again for your listening enjoyment:

Skrillex Bangarang

Yes! This is the “music” that was assaulting my ears. Good gawd, that’s turrible.
They should play “Let it go” after each TL INT/fumble.
(10-12-2022, 03:37 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]They should play “Let it go” after each TL INT/fumble.

Or this:

https://youtu.be/ywDRaIPc2YE

I don't mind it if they aren't being stupid about it.  I mean, there's no way in hell they should be blasting ANYTHING over the damn speaker system while our offense is on the field and getting ready to run a play.  Apparently they have morons running the stuff over there.
(10-12-2022, 02:14 PM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2022, 01:33 PM)MyKids Wrote: [ -> ]Going to the games is the most overrated thing ever.

Sorry But Not Sorry for saying that you're Completely Incorrect. Being within the stadium when we lose is Heart Wrenching BUT being within the stadium when we Win is Overwelming to say the least. As an Season Ticket holder I understand the importance of being within the stadium and rooting for the Home Team.

The supportive attendance and the loudness of the attendees reflects on our team to say the least.
Supporting our team via. Home Games straightens our team. Will you attend Home Games?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'd rather watch it on my 75 screen TV and in my leather reclining chair, fully focused on the game  and what's happening..... I get distracted at live games and I dont enjoy majority of the drunk morons there.

And no I wont.
(10-12-2022, 04:41 PM)MyKids Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2022, 02:14 PM)NH3 Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry But Not Sorry for saying that you're Completely Incorrect. Being within the stadium when we lose is Heart Wrenching BUT being within the stadium when we Win is Overwelming to say the least. As an Season Ticket holder I understand the importance of being within the stadium and rooting for the Home Team.

Supporting our team via. Home Games straightens our team. Will you attend Home Games?

Time Will Tell.

NH3...

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'd rather watch it on my 75 screen TV and in my leather reclining chair, fully focused on the game  and what's happening..... I get distracted at live games and I dont enjoy majority of the drunk morons there.

And no I wont.

I see both sides.  Mainly as older/younger me.  Younger me loved the atmosphere.  Younger me also had the 99 Jags.  Older me, would rather watch it at home on my big screen.  I guess it depends on what you’re into and age and such.  I very much enjoyed myself going to the games when younger. There was an electricity than ran through all of us.  But now a days, I’m with you. I don’t want to deal with people and my drinks are cheaper, my bathroom cleaner and food is better.  To each their own.

It's too loud these days for sure. It's one of probably a dozen reasons we stopped going to games regularly as of this year. Dunno why they think 110 decibels from the sound system is a good idea, lol.
I love going to the games. Season ticket holder myself and heading to London this year for the Broncos game. Im also cool with the music they play. Only thing I dont enjoy about it is when we lose.
I still kinda resent my dad for not taking me to the games when i was growing up. He loved the NFL. Loved the Jags almost from the beginning. But dad would tell stories about going to Yankees games and Giants games when he was 12 and 13 years old, and I'd say, "then why can't I go?" and he'd start talking about parking costs and traffic jams and subways etc. Glad I got to start going with friends around age 16.

Anyhow the happy ending is I convinced my dad to come to a game with me and my wife finally. He never went again but he does have the picture framed. You only get one childhood but it's never too late for father son time!
(10-12-2022, 08:33 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I still kinda resent my dad for not taking me to the games when i was growing up.  He loved the NFL.  Loved the Jags almost from the beginning. But dad would tell stories about going to Yankees games and Giants games when he was 12 and 13 years old, and I'd say, "then why can't I go?" and he'd start talking about parking costs and traffic jams and subways etc.  Glad I got to start going with friends around age 16. 

Anyhow the happy ending is I convinced my dad to come to a game with me and my wife finally.  He never went again but he does have the picture framed.  You only get one childhood but it's never too late for father son time!

Yeah that too.  But you kinda just said you’re dad didn’t like you either.  So, I don’t feel bad anymore. We’re not even family.
(10-12-2022, 06:28 PM)Jags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2022, 04:41 PM)MyKids Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I'd rather watch it on my 75 screen TV and in my leather reclining chair, fully focused on the game  and what's happening..... I get distracted at live games and I dont enjoy majority of the drunk morons there.

And no I wont.

I see both sides.  Mainly as older/younger me.  Younger me loved the atmosphere.  Younger me also had the 99 Jags.  Older me, would rather watch it at home on my big screen.  I guess it depends on what you’re into and age and such.  I very much enjoyed myself going to the games when younger. There was an electricity than ran through all of us.  But now a days, I’m with you. I don’t want to deal with people and my drinks are cheaper, my bathroom cleaner and food is better.  To each their own.

Agreed Jags well said.  I still enjoy going to a game every once in awhile, but my season tkt days are over.  All the losing didnt help with that decision also.

Get togethers with friends are more enjoyable to me now, but yea when younger loved the gameday fun and comaraderie with everyone.
Pages: 1 2 3