Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Listening to the game out of area
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have the misfortune of being a Jags fan living in TN.

Does anyone know of a way to listen to the Frangie/Boselli/Lageman game call when out of area?

I've got the 1010XL app and that's OK for listing to the most of the pre-game and post-game but unfortunately - because I live out of area - it switches to Vegas Sports Network about an hour before the game starts.

For a while I was able to listen to the game by listening to WGNE 99.9 but then they somehow figured I was out of area and now the stream just goes silent when the game starts.

Does anyone know of another way?  I'm sure we have other out of state Jags fans.

OR is there a way that I can change the settings on my phone so as to fool the apps into thinking I'm in the area?
(10-12-2022, 12:47 PM)InvalidContentWasFoundStarting Wrote: [ -> ]I have the misfortune of being a Jags fan living in TN.

Does anyone know of a way to listen to the Frangie/Boselli/Lageman game call when out of area?

I've got the 1010XL app and that's OK for listing to the most of the pre-game and post-game but unfortunately - because I live out of area - it switches to Vegas Sports Network about an hour before the game starts.

For a while I was able to listen to the game by listening to WGNE 99.9 but then they somehow figured I was out of area and now the stream just goes silent when the game starts.

Does anyone know of another way?  I'm sure we have other out of state Jags fans.

OR is there a way that I can change the settings on my phone so as to fool the apps into thinking I'm in the area?

That sucks.  Didn't know they were blacking out Jacksonville radio broadcasts like that.  Do they black out the 92.5FM broadcast too?  They are identical broadcasts.  I think 92.5 might be an I Heart Radio affiliate - don't know if that makes it better or worse, but it might be worth a try.
You might could use a VPN that has a connection in the Jaguars network area. Some apps will block you out anyway but it might work.
The VPN won’t work because even us locals can’t stream it from 1010xl’s web site. We have to pick it up over the air. They air some other sports show as the OP mentioned during the game when streaming the broadcast through their web site.

If you have SiriusXM you can get the local broadcast anywhere as they transmit both home and visitor radio broadcasts for all teams and games. I think they own the license for streaming each team’s local radio broadcasts which is why you can’t get it from the local stations’ web sites.

If you don’t have a Sirius capable radio with a subscription, they have a streaming only package if you absolutely have to have the live broadcast and don’t mind paying for it.
(10-12-2022, 12:47 PM)InvalidContentWasFoundStarting Wrote: [ -> ]I have the misfortune of being a Jags fan living in TN.

How long ago were you able to get the game on that station?  I think this nfl/sirius thing has been going on for several years so if this was recent I’ll be a little surprised.
I used to get a killer deal on streaming Sunday Ticket bc my ex wife was a student. Now I just use a reddit stream this year. Next year ST will be on a different platform and likely easier to get.

As for the listening part, I'm not sure about the local broadcast. I know NFL+ will let you listen to out of market games live
(10-12-2022, 02:30 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]I used to get a killer deal on streaming Sunday Ticket bc my ex wife was a student. Now I just use a reddit stream this year. Next year ST will be on a different platform and likely easier to get.

As for the listening part, I'm not sure about the local broadcast. I know NFL+ will let you listen to out of market games live

If true, that’s cheaper than Sirius will be.

NFL + allows streaming audio broadcasts live and you can choose home or away broadcasts

I think it's $90 for the season
(10-12-2022, 02:07 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]

How long ago were you able to get the game on that station?  I think this nfl/sirius thing has been going on for several years so if this was recent I’ll be a little surprised.

Most if not all of last year and i think a few games this year. Thanks for the Sirius suggestion, I'll try that this weekend.

(10-12-2022, 02:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

NFL + allows streaming audio broadcasts live and you can choose home or away broadcasts

That doesn't sound too bad; would that be Frangie/Boselli/Lageman?  I like to listen to biased sports reporting.  Tongue
You could also try shoving coat hangers into your ears and see what kinda of reception you get. Would hurt less than hearing what’s happening on the field. But the plastic ones don’t work. You need the wire kind.
Good luck.  I tried streaming one time when i was driving from Jacksonville to Pittsburgh and finally gave up as all the apps and links to what I thought would stream the game were blocked (most likely by NFL Rights).

You may be better of because you may go brain dead after listening to Frangie call a game.
(10-12-2022, 03:30 PM)InvalidContentWasFoundStarting Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2022, 02:07 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: [ -> ]How long ago were you able to get the game on that station?  I think this nfl/sirius thing has been going on for several years so if this was recent I’ll be a little surprised.

Most if not all of last year and i think a few games this year. Thanks for the Sirius suggestion, I'll try that this weekend.

(10-12-2022, 02:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]NFL + allows streaming audio broadcasts live and you can choose home or away broadcasts

That doesn't sound too bad; would that be Frangie/Boselli/Lageman?  I like to listen to biased sports reporting.  Tongue

Yes

https://www.nfl.com/plus/learn-more?camp...lsrc=aw.ds
I went with the NFL+ and have been impressed at the options. You use to have to wait for the rewind the next day. Now after the game is over you can watch the condensed or full broadcast. You can pick the live radio broadcast either team. Not too bad overall.
I have my ways, but how do I know you aren't working for the league trying to find rogue sources to shut down?
I’m in Chicago. I have Amazon Music. I listen to the games on one of the affiliates. I think their are multiple options on the different radio stations. Not sure if you can get the exact one you’re looking for, but maybe.
(10-12-2022, 02:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]

I bought that one, paid my $90, etc.  "NFL+" is one of the worst apps I've ever used.  The main reason I bought it was because it offered the preseason games live.  But the app?  Pure crap. 

For example, I signed up, paid my $90, and signed in.  The app offered a full slate of preseason games live.  
"Which game do you want?"
I picked the Jags game.
"Sign up for $90 here." 
But I've already signed up, paid, and signed in. They even had my name in the top right corner.  So I had definitely signed in as a paying subscriber.  But the screen I got was the one where you sign up and pay.  
And it went on like that, a hall of mirrors, round and round, well into the first quarter, and finally, I figured out, purely randomly, that if I go to NFL.com, and sign in there, it works.  

And there is no tech support at all.  Sign up, and if it doesn't work, you are on your own.  

They do offer a full game replay that you can see the moment the game ends.  In the meantime, the app does give you the Frangie call on the radio.  

Next year, Sunday Ticket will be on a streaming service, and I will buy it.
(10-14-2022, 07:05 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-12-2022, 02:40 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]NFL + allows streaming audio broadcasts live and you can choose home or away broadcasts

I bought that one, paid my $90, etc.  "NFL+" is one of the worst apps I've ever used.  The main reason I bought it was because it offered the preseason games live.  But the app?  Pure crap. 

For example, I signed up, paid my $90, and signed in.  The app offered a full slate of preseason games live.  
"Which game do you want?"
I picked the Jags game.
"Sign up for $90 here." 
But I've already signed up, paid, and signed in. They even had my name in the top right corner.  So I had definitely signed in as a paying subscriber.  But the screen I got was the one where you sign up and pay.  
And it went on like that, a hall of mirrors, round and round, well into the first quarter, and finally, I figured out, purely randomly, that if I go to NFL.com, and sign in there, it works.  

And there is no tech support at all.  Sign up, and if it doesn't work, you are on your own.  

They do offer a full game replay that you can see the moment the game ends.  In the meantime, the app does give you the Frangie call on the radio.  

Next year, Sunday Ticket will be on a streaming service, and I will buy it.

You can circumnavigate the login redundancy by using a browser and choosing NFL + from nfl.com 

Pain n the butt - but it works
Tunein offers something also for $50-60 I think. Not a great option for the cost but is cheaper.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
It's probably easier to find an illegal live stream on the web than to find the radio broadcast..
(10-15-2022, 06:49 PM)Predator Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably easier to find an illegal live stream on the web than to find the radio broadcast..

100x easier
Pages: 1 2