Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Ford Electric Truck Takes 5 Days to Fully Charge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And the Future of Travel is EV's????? I'll just keep on contributing to my carbon footprint........

Journalists Plug Ford Electric Truck in at Campground, Find Out It Will Take 5 Days to Fully Charge

Two journalists with TFLEV decided to drive the Ford 150 Lightning EV truck from the lower 48 states to Alaska and learned some of the recharging challenges they would face.

Having made that drive from Pennsylvania to Fairbanks in 2013, I can tell you it certainly required some planning driving a gas-powered SUV, much less an electric truck.

https://www.westernjournal.com/journalis...=topweekly
Well, of course, if you plug an electric vehicle into a regular 120v household outlet, it will take a very long time to charge it. Duh.
I just took a hayride with one of my kids behind an F150 electric. Was eerily quiet. But the things obviously have their place, the guy was making good money off of his, obviously. I imagine the range is extra long when you don't go over 15.
(10-16-2022, 05:07 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]I just took a hayride with one of my kids behind an F150 electric.  Was eerily quiet.  But the things obviously have their place, the guy was making good money off of his, obviously.  I imagine the range is extra long when you don't go over 15.

If we can limit the F150s purpose to hay rides, then all is well.

Remember when the apple phone could charge in 10 seconds in the microwave - lol.  Perhaps we just need to build bigger microwaves to the F150 battery.
(10-16-2022, 04:23 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Well, of course, if you plug an electric vehicle into a regular 120v household outlet, it will take a very long time to charge it. Duh.

They aren't an option for long range driving or traveling. The EV politics are going after the daily commuter, since that's where the biggest bang for their CO2 reduction will probably be. The daily charging problem still exist tho. Most homes will have to be retrofit for some sort of 230V charging setup.
(10-16-2022, 06:34 PM)NewJagsCity Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2022, 04:23 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]Well, of course, if you plug an electric vehicle into a regular 120v household outlet, it will take a very long time to charge it. Duh.

They aren't an option for long range driving or traveling. The EV politics are going after the daily commuter, since that's where the biggest bang for their CO2 reduction will probably be. The daily charging problem still exist tho. Most homes will have to be retrofit for some sort of 230V charging setup.
And you better do it outside. If I was an insurance company I would put some heavy premiums and requirements on people putting the charger inside their garage.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk