Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cisco
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you guys feel about him? Some weeks he will have 1 tackle and some weeks he will have 7. Other than the TD he scored I just haven’t really seen much impact. 3rd and 5 Jones swings it out to Barkley and Cisco completely whiffs on the tackle, Barkley gets a 1st down, drive extended. 

There was a Daniel Jones scramble that he completely whiffed on the tackle and Jones picks up another 1st down.

And then late in the ball game, Jones bootlegged out with 2 WRs in routes on the left side and Cisco is just completely lost. He takes his shuffle shuffle drop towards play side, then he turns and tries to cover the receivers, and then about 6 months later he finally saw it was a designed QB run and then he runs over and Jones slides for a about a 99 yard gain.

I like his speed. He seems like he’s ok at times, but in certain situations he’s just not there in my opinion. Maybe he needs to spend more time watching film.  

I’m not pointing blame on 1 player, just wanted to get the consensus. 

Another tough loss today. Offense could only mustard up 17 points. Herndon did an ok job today. Griffin might be done.
Hasn't been as impactful as I had hoped. We haven't given up a ton of big plays down the field so there is probably some good things from him that goes unnoticed from those of us who just watch on TV. But I can't recall many examples of big plays he has made either. Feels like he has just been more of a steady contributor. Again goes back to something I mentioned in another thread. We just don't have many elite players on this team. We have a lot of really solid contributors that play hard. But we don't have guys that are game changers. Guys that make big plays in big moments to win games.

For all the preseason hype about Little and Cisco being major steals, so far neither of them have really lived up to that.
(10-23-2022, 06:48 PM)rfc17 Wrote: [ -> ]Hasn't been as impactful as I had hoped.  We haven't given up a ton of big plays down the field so there is probably some good things from him that goes unnoticed from those of us who just watch on TV.  But I can't recall many examples of big plays he has made either.  Feels like he has just been more of a steady contributor.  Again goes back to something I mentioned in another thread.  We just don't have many elite players on this team.  We have a lot of really solid contributors that play hard.  But we don't have guys that are game changers.  Guys that make big plays in big moments to win games.

For all the preseason hype about Little and Cisco being major steals, so far neither of them have really lived up to that.

I feel pretty much the same way. I remember reading an article saying Cisco and Campbell look like Pro Bowlers. Cisco is no where near that caliber at the moment.
Cisco is just a guy at the moment. He's not costing you anything major but he's not also not making tremendous amounts of impact plays.

This is his first real year as a starter though. He was shelved much of last year. More pressing concerns on defense. He's not really one of them.

I would say he's in a pretty good spot at the moment. Could also be a matter of him being on the same side as Campbell maybe and Campbell rarely gets picked on in the secondary.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk