Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The positive points right now.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
1. This team is beating themselves. They are not beaten by the other team. Stupid penalties and narrow misses chances are the main factors. Once we figure that out the wins will come.

2. It is clear there are many holes on this team. This years record should get us more high draft fire Power.

3. The team is competive. This team has been in every game this year.

4. We have an answer at Head Coach. Most of the losses comes down to the team failing to execute. Too many missed throws.

5. Lawrence is getting better. He is starting to put some finese on the ball. Yes he missed 2 TDs but he is making the right reads. Buffalo's Josh Allen had trouble with accuracy early in his career. In time Lawrence will get more consistent with ball placement. 

6. ETN looks to be worth the first round pick. He has become a playmaker recently. Yes he fell on that last play in the fourth quarter. He broke several big plays.
(10-23-2022, 04:47 PM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]1. This team is beating themselves. They are not beaten by the other team. Stupid penalties and narrow misses chances are the main factors. Once we figure that out the wins will come.

2. It is clear there are many holes on this team. This years record should get us more high draft fire Power.

3. The team is competive. This team has been in every game this year.

4. We have an answer at Head Coach. Most of the losses comes down to the team failing to execute. Too many missed throws.

5. Lawrence is getting better. He is starting to put some finese on the ball. Yes he missed 2 TDs but he is making the right reads. Buffalo's Josh Allen had trouble with accuracy early in his career. In time Lawrence will get more consistent with ball placement. 

6. ETN looks to be worth the first round pick. He has become a playmaker recently. Yes he fell on that last play in the fourth quarter. He broke several big plays.

1. This team is making so many stupid [BLEEP] mistakes. It is maddening how many game breaking roughing the passer calls we have had. Three games in a row.

2. This team has a hole at every position except RB.

3. We have definitely been in the games when we have relied on the run. It starts to fall apart when we abandon it.

4. Pederson is a good coach, but he needs to give up play calling duties. His time management isn't great sometimes and he is dead set on passing, passing, passing.

5. Lawrence is better than he was last year, but he still makes some of the same mistakes he's made his whole career. He still can't throw an accurate pass past 20 yards and has issues with touch.

6. ETN is a stud. He's making his rookie year mistakes, but he's a great player.
Etienne is a stud just secure the rock. And his drop on 4th down against Washington just stinks.

As far as Pederson goes, I’m very happy with what he’s doing. It’s not like we have a team full of All Pros, but we’ve been right there in every game with a chance to win. It’s good to have stability at the top for a change.

I disagree with a hole at every position. QB, LB, RB, kicker and special teams, Oline are sufficient. Depending on what they do with Engram and Arnold, I would even say the TE spot is fine. I would give anything to have a Jamar Chase on this team or a DJ Moore, along with a playmaker in the secondary.
Number 1 isn't a positive, you don't want a team that beats themselves
I can't defend them anymore. They're not executing and learning from their mistakes. It's almost like, every week, just before the game starts, all 22 starters get together, throw their names in a helmet, shuffle it up and pick two names. Those two names are then deemed to be today's [BLEEP] up of the game.

Every week it's something. Last week. Couldn't stop the pass. Today. Couldn't stop the run. Then, they fail to execute. Lawrence with the sails and Etienne with fumbling it away and taking the wind out of the sails.

Doug, just too damn greedy. You got lucky early. Take it. Be happy. Not taking the three after the stripes robbed you of two first downs was criminal. Take the points. Make it 20 to 13 there. Changes the atmosphere up a little bit. You were driving there to kick a game winner late instead of needing six to tie and PAT to win.

Lack of cohesion. Lack of chemistry. Lack of consistency. "Oh, running game is working?, nah, [BLEEP] that, start calling emty shotgun formations". "Oh, we're in scoring position and can add to our lead here? nah, [BLEEP] that, start gambling like my house is on the line due to my drinking problem, bet everything on red".

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
I am having difficulty finding any. 25 years a season ticket holder, I was there on day 1. 2 owners, multiple coaches, roster changes after roster changes, a can’t miss generational QB, suspect flag after suspect non flag , year after year, after year, after year, after year. Why do we bother? This game may have broken me. I don’t think I can do this anymore
Doug's coaching and play calling alone has cost us a couple games. He was 4-11 his last year in Philly. I wanted Doug but the things he has been doing and not doing needs to be questioned like leaving points on the field and not running the football
the head coach isn't what we thought he was. 4th,and 1 on giants 20 and you go for it instead of kicking a fg. 

only postives is Jags are the best team at finding ways to lose,sometime the refs help. 

Jags will be first team in nfl history to get #1 pick 3 years in a row.
(10-23-2022, 05:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I can't defend them anymore. They're not executing and learning from their mistakes. It's almost like, every week, just before the game starts, all 22 starters get together, throw their names in a helmet, shuffle it up and pick two names. Those two names are then deemed to be today's [BLEEP] up of the game.

Every week it's something. Last week. Couldn't stop the pass. Today. Couldn't stop the run. Then, they fail to execute. Lawrence with the sails and Etienne with fumbling it away and taking the wind out of the sails.

Doug, just too damn greedy. You got lucky early. Take it. Be happy. Not taking the three after the stripes robbed you of two first downs was criminal. Take the points. Make it 20 to 13 there. Changes the atmosphere up a little bit. You were driving there to kick a game winner late instead of needing six to tie and PAT to win.

Lack of cohesion. Lack of chemistry. Lack of consistency. "Oh, running game is working?, nah, [BLEEP] that, start calling emty shotgun formations". "Oh, we're in scoring position and can add to our lead here? nah, [BLEEP] that, start gambling like my house is on the line due to my drinking problem, bet everything on red".

This is where I’m at. Drop the “wEre ImProViNg” bs. We make the same mistakes every week
(10-23-2022, 05:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2022, 05:19 PM)Caldrac Wrote: [ -> ]I can't defend them anymore. They're not executing and learning from their mistakes. It's almost like, every week, just before the game starts, all 22 starters get together, throw their names in a helmet, shuffle it up and pick two names. Those two names are then deemed to be today's [BLEEP] up of the game.

This is where I’m at. Drop the “wEre ImProViNg” bs. We make the same mistakes every week

But we kept it close, lol.  Some people just don't mind losing and see moral victories in a close losses, losing mentality at its finest.  If we are playing good and lose 1 or 2 that's one thing, this isn't improvement, improvement is when you start winning football games and then things can start looking up.  Last year was an improvement from the year before so people should of been happy about last year.  The barr shouldn't be just to be better than last year if the team is looking at it like that it's already a failed season.  To be better than last year doesn't mean [BLEEP]
The only positive that I'll put out there is The Future of having the same system for players to build upon.

NH3...
I did not know Jones was unstoppable when he runs.

I may be late to the game, but what's up with James Robinson?
For me the biggest thing holding us back right now is the mental errors, penalties and execution. When we limit the mistakes and execute well we get games like the Chargers game, when we don't we get games like the last 4. I put this down to a young roster, playing a 1st year together with a 1st year coaching staff. Maybe all the doomsayers are right, time will tell.

But I thought the O played well today. The run game is a real strength that we need to use more. We are moving the ball well, sadly the lack of turnovers keep giving us long fields to drive. But we had the Etienne fumble which hurt us, the turnover on downs hurt us. I love Dougs aggressiveness but we need to add points on the board  I get not settling for 3's but you need to read the situation. These are the mental errors and execution that are hurting us.

I still think the arrow is pointing up for this team and will get better with time, experience and drafts and FA additions. It's not a one offseason turnaround.
(10-23-2022, 06:00 PM)WYBaugh Wrote: [ -> ]I did not know Jones was unstoppable when he runs.

I may be late to the game, but what's up with James Robinson?
He's Josh Allen Lite in Daboll's offense. Year four for him. He always had wheels. Just lack of coaching to utilize what he does best.

No clue about Robinson. Said it all week though. Last two games seemed like Etienne was becoming RB1 and Robinson was getting phased out.

Maybe they don't want to pay Robinson and they're tied up with RD1 money with Etienne already. Probably a business decision. Doug needs to be called out on it though.

Again, the few plays Robinson had he was open for TD that was sailed over his head.

(10-23-2022, 05:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2022, 05:28 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]This is where I’m at. Drop the “wEre ImProViNg” bs. We make the same mistakes every week

But we kept it close, lol.  Some people just don't mind losing and see moral victories in a close losses,  losing mentality at its finest.  If we are playing good and lose 1 or 2 that's one thing, this isn't improvement, improvement is when you start winning football games and then things can start looking up.  Last year was an improvement from the year before so people should of been happy about last year.  The barr shouldn't be just to be better than last year if the team is looking at it like that it's already a failed season.  To be better than last year doesn't mean [BLEEP]

This is the absolute rubbish that your take is built on. The Jags won 2 more games last year than the year before but were actually a worse team and franchise. That should've been clear to even someone like you.
Losing sucks. We are obviously so much better than last year. But we still have a bunch of holes. Nobody on the defensive line is getting a pass rush. We just don't have guys that can win one on one. CBs aren't good enough to hold up on their own without the QB being pressured. Teams have learned they can pick us apart. And the defense just can't hold a lead late when it matters even if they do play well throughout the game. And then on offense, there are two big gaps. First the offensive line really struggles getting any push on short yardage plays. And although we've improved the talent at the skill positions, we still don't have a true gamebreaking threat that teams have to fear. We don't have elite players.

A few positives....

Etienne is becoming the closest thing we have to a big time gamebreaker. Early in the year he was so close to breaking some big runs and now it feels like he finally is doing so. Not sure he has the pure straightaway speed where he pulls away from defenders, which is a shame because I thought he had that. But he is becoming our most dangerous weapon on offense.

Lawrence is obviously so much better than last year. And it feels like he is getting better as the season goes on. He is more accurate with crossing passes down the field. Isn't forcing as many bad throws. Seems to have a much better command of the offense and how to manipulate defenses. The one area he still needs to work on is those down the field passes that require touch. Putting more air under the ball to drop it over the trailing defender and the guy coming in from over the top. Showing itself mostly in the redzone with those overthrows in the endzone. Figure those out and he'll be deadly.

For all the weakness that our defense has, they play really hard. And throughout the game will have stretches of really shutting a team down. They just don't seem to be able to consistently do it. And they haven't figured out how to make the one or two big plays late in games that will decide the outcome.
(10-23-2022, 06:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2022, 05:37 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ] But we kept it close, lol.  Some people just don't mind losing and see moral victories in a close losses,  losing mentality at its finest.  If we are playing good and lose 1 or 2 that's one thing, this isn't improvement, improvement is when you start winning football games and then things can start looking up.  Last year was an improvement from the year before so people should of been happy about last year.  The barr shouldn't be just to be better than last year if the team is looking at it like that it's already a failed season.  To be better than last year doesn't mean [BLEEP]

This is the absolute rubbish that your take is built on. The Jags won 2 more games last year than the year before but were actually a worse team and franchise. That should've been clear to even someone like you.
Naw, this is a wins based business, I don't give a [BLEEP] about how many closes losses there were.   3-13 is a better season than 1-15 with a bunch of close losses even though we got destroyed alot that year too
(10-23-2022, 06:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2022, 06:04 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]This is the absolute rubbish that your take is built on. The Jags won 2 more games last year than the year before but were actually a worse team and franchise. That should've been clear to even someone like you.
Naw, this is a wins based business, I don't give a [BLEEP] about how many closes losses there were.   3-13 is a better season than 1-15 with a bunch of close losses even though we got destroyed alot that year too

So it is a wins based business if you are working in the NFL. 

But if you are fan, does it have to be? If it is just to follow and a watch a winner, then that is a mistake. Only 1 team ends the season as winner, and most franchises only have 1 or 2 of those seasons every 30 years. 

This may be too deep, but why are most of the people on this board fans of the Jaguars?
(10-23-2022, 06:43 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2022, 06:30 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]Naw, this is a wins based business, I don't give a [BLEEP] about how many closes losses there were.   3-13 is a better season than 1-15 with a bunch of close losses even though we got destroyed alot that year too

So it is a wins based business if you are working in the NFL. 

But if you are fan, does it have to be? If it is just to follow and a watch a winner, then that is a mistake. Only 1 team ends the season as winner, and most franchises only have 1 or 2 of those seasons every 30 years. 

This may be too deep, but why are most of the people on this board fans of the Jaguars?

Because very been a fan since the inaugural year and I have too many years invested in this franchise.  I'm not a bandwagon fan or I would of jumped ship years ago.  I'm also a Gator fan, Marlins fan, and Magic fan and they all suck.  With that said I'm more Jags than anything because I follow NFL the most and I go to more Jags games and Jag gear than anything
(10-23-2022, 06:51 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-23-2022, 06:43 PM)rpr52121 Wrote: [ -> ]So it is a wins based business if you are working in the NFL. 

Because very been a fan since the inaugural year and I have too many years invested in this franchise.  I'm not a bandwagon fan or I would of jumped ship years ago.  I'm also a Gator fan, Marlins fan, and Magic fan and they all suck.  With that said I'm more Jags than anything because I follow NFL the most and I go to more Jags games and Jag gear than anything

That's good and all, but you still have zero control on the outcome of the games. You don't have to be happy, nobody likes losing, but there comes a point in time when you realize that getting SO upset about something you can't control is no good.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5