Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 2021 vs 2022
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thought it would be interesting to compare the absolutely frustrating but clearly tangible growth of this team from "2021 Dumpster Fire" to "2022 we're not good yet but we're not dog [BLEEP] anymore"

Through 7 games:

2021:

1-5 Record
123 PF
203 PA

One win is by 3 points over Miami. Losses of 16, 10, 12, 3, 18, 24

Trevor: 60.3% 1708 yds, 8 tds, 9 ints, 75.1 rate, 3 lost fumbles, 2 rushing tds (total for the year) QBR 40.65 (right around current Justin Fields, Russ, Tannehill level)

2022:

2-5 Record
155 PF
137 PA

Wins of 24 and 28. Losses of 6, 8, 7, 7, 6

Trevor: 63% 1707 yards, 9 tds, 4 INTs, 88.9 Rate, 4 lost fumbles, 3 rushing TDs QBR 52.1 (16th in the NFL)

Trevor actually started the first 7 games better than the next 7. He threw 1 TD to 5 INTs between weeks 8-15 and only 4 TDS to 8 INTs from week 8 to then end of the year, obviously with week 17 being his good game against Indy.

We've gotten a lot better as a team and Trevor has progressed well, cutting his turnovers in half and scoring more TDs. Where we'll really see him take off is the next 10 weeks of the season since I know damn well he isn't going to go 7 weeks throwing only 1 TD. He's going to keep getting better and more consistent. He'd have another 4 TDs on the year if he can find his touch on those endzone fades. I have zero concerns he will get there. And the team will start winning. Statistically, we will come back to the mean on these one score games at minimum. 0-5 in one score games is an anomaly. Just like NYG 7-1 in one score games is an anomaly as well.

The problem is, going from "dumpster fire" to "bad but competitive" still sucks and the record still sucks in the process. Will be interesting to come back to this thread late in the season and see how things have changed one way or the other.
I remember the Lions started one year 6-2 and didn’t make the playoffs. Still alot of football left.

Getting down to the niddy griddy