Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Etienne's Debut
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was Etienne's true debut as the starter and bell cow RB of the future, and boy did he pass the test. He almost pulled us to victory on his own on the offensive side of the ball. The guy ran for over 150 yards against one of the best d lines in the league, with little in the way of passing game to support him. At this point, I am surprised to find I am more optimistic in him than Trevor long-term. He really impressed me today.
happy for him especially after his injury, really one of the only bright spots on this team

too bad we are trading him in the off-season for a conditional 6th round
Hes been great so far, but they really need to find somebody to spell him. Hasty or Snoop needs to step it up because I don't know how long ETN is going to last getting 25-30 touches a game.
(10-30-2022, 07:55 PM)Eric1 Wrote: [ -> ]Hes been great so far, but they really need to find somebody to spell him. Hasty or Snoop needs to step it up because I don't know how long ETN is going to last getting 25-30 touches a game.

Yeah, he won't survive too many more games like this.
He looked great but in addition to the point about finding someone to spell him, want to see how he does as DCs start planning to specifically stop him. Especially if he won't get much support from the passing game.
I think if can stay healthy, he is the dynamic back we have been looking for. We need the passing game to connect downfield more to get those safeties and linebackers back some.
He just became the face of this franchise. We have always found a way to have a star RB. Etienne is a stud and it’s a shame his QB threw this game away.