Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Smoot is a man on a mission and needs to play more
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So far this season, Smoot has been our most efficient pass rusher. His increased time today was rewarded with 2 sacks. Find a way to get this man even more playing time.
Smoot has been nice. I do wonder how he'd be in a more full time role
He said this earlier in the week

https://jaguarswire.usatoday.com/2022/11...yoffs-run/

Bro wants it
I love how he refuses to fold. Went beast mode in there today.
It's also a contract year for him.
He is a beast, but I think it's better to rotate him in so he can stay fresh.
Both sacks came from the Defensive Tackle position. You will be seeing a lot more of Smoot lined up at DT. He’s too quick for the guards.
(11-06-2022, 06:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Both sacks came from the Defensive Tackle position. You will be seeing a lot more of Smoot lined up at DT. He’s too quick for the guards.

Good observation. Perhaps he will be eating into Key’s time? I guess the downside is if he posts 10 sacks, we won’t be likely to be able to keep him next season.
(11-06-2022, 06:39 PM)Newton Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2022, 06:25 PM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Both sacks came from the Defensive Tackle position. You will be seeing a lot more of Smoot lined up at DT. He’s too quick for the guards.

Good observation. Perhaps he will be eating into Key’s time? I guess the downside is if he posts 10 sacks, we won’t be likely to be able to keep him next season.

go with a 3rd down "Lightning package" with Walker & Allen outside & Key & Smoot inside.
Smoot is a rotational interior pass rusher

He is getting between 30 to 50% of the snaps in games this year

That is enough, because they want to put run stuffers in there for those downs requiring them
wingard  needs to play more too. he made some game sveing plays today,and came into game hyped up more then any other Jaguar player.
(11-06-2022, 07:12 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]wingard  needs to play more too. he made some game sveing plays today,and came into game hyped up more then any other Jaguar player.

Thanks wolfie

Your streak on the field helped us win

Didn't see enuff dongs3 tho
Smoot should play ahead of Josh Allen
(11-06-2022, 07:27 PM)SuperJville Wrote: [ -> ]Smoot should play ahead of Josh Allen

I guess it seems like they are kind of playing different positions, but maybe so. Josh Allen has really started slowly this year.
I'm happy for the kid. He's added @ lot of value in his time here. Lord willing we get a compensatory 3 or 4 out of it. Wish we could keep him, but in the salary cap era u need to keep hitting on 3rd rounders to supplement ur core
Re-sign Smoot. Love him.
https://twitter.com/jaguars/status/15894...zhyIVNFdmg

Even Tony says he is our best pass rusher.
(11-06-2022, 07:19 PM)StrayaJag Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2022, 07:12 PM)snowwolf776 Wrote: [ -> ]wingard  needs to play more too. he made some game sveing plays today,and came into game hyped up more then any other Jaguar player.

Thanks wolfie

Your streak on the field helped us win

Didn't see enuff dongs3 tho

LOL

wondered if that dude was gonna try to field the punt. Actually made it on TV, rare that they keep the camera on the field when that happens. Quickest cut to a sideline cam ever!
Smoot will probably take his chances in the off season. I wouldn't bank on him coming back. I think this all but signifies that we'll have Josh Allen going into his final year on his deal and we'll have to make a decision based on his 2023's performance. Losing Key and Smoot in the off season though we'll be a bit of a bummer.

Jalen Carter or Myles Murphy probably shoot up this team's draft board in January.
Even was in coverage 1 on 1 on Adams. [BLEEP] was Caldwell thinking
Pages: 1 2