Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags OL is 10th in rushing per game and 2nd (28th actually) in pass pro.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The offensive line is doing a fantastic Job.  Lawrence has had a clean Jersey most games.  Through 9 games the line has only given up 12 sacks all year. Robinson at times has also looked worth every cent at times.
Some dude around here has been saying this all season.
(11-08-2022, 07:52 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote: [ -> ]Some dude around here has been saying this all season.

I may not be that dude, BUT I too have been saying all 2022 season long that our OL would be alright. Especially when ALOT of fans wanted Taylor replaced by Little. The OL has played up to par so far and let's hope that this continues.

Time Will Tell.

NH3...
OL run blocks quite well, but the LT, LG and Center are all giving up too much pressure too quickly.

They are not ranked 2nd in pass protection.
They are ranked 28th. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/3453...s#pbwrteam

Lawrence was great under pressure vs the raiders and got the ball out quickly on so many snaps that his average pocket time on the season dropped from 2.3 seconds to 2.2 seconds after averaging in week 9. (pro football reference) 

If you aren't seeing the left side of this OL struggle to protect, you aren't watching very closely.

Luke Fortner PFF grade - 51.3
Shatley - 56.3
This is a bit off topic but I hesitate to start a new thread.

I’m wondering how much Jawaan Taylor might ask for once he hits free agency next year? My “guess” would be in the 15M-16M per year range. He’s had a good year so far. Any chance the Jags could keep him?

If Walker Little could play LG I’m of the mind he would be starting there now. I’m not very comfortable penciling him in as the starter at RT next year without seeing what he can bring. Thoughts?
(11-08-2022, 08:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]OL run blocks quite well, but the LT, LG and Center are all giving up too much pressure too quickly.

They are ranked 28th. 

Lawrence was great under pressure vs the raiders and got the ball out quickly on so many snaps that his average pocket time on the season dropped from 2.3 seconds to 2.2 seconds after averaging in week 9. (pro football reference) 

If you aren't seeing the left side of this OL struggle to protect, you aren't watching very closely.

Shatley - 56.3

I noticed they didn’t post a source for their assertions
(11-08-2022, 12:57 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]The offensive line is doing a fantastic Job.  Lawrence has had a clean Jersey most games.  Through 9 games the line has only given up 12 sacks all year. Robinson at times has also looked worth every cent at times.
The OLine looks better than they are because of Trevor.
(11-08-2022, 12:29 PM)wg171 Wrote: [ -> ]This is a bit off topic but I hesitate to start a new thread.

I’m wondering how much Jawaan Taylor might ask for once he hits free agency next year? My “guess” would be in the 15M-16M per year range. He’s had a good year so far. Any chance the Jags could keep him?

If Walker Little could play LG I’m of the mind he would be starting there now. I’m not very comfortable penciling him in as the starter at RT next year without seeing what he can bring. Thoughts?

If he wants that much, I wave to him as he walks out the door. Cripes, is Cam even making that much at LT?
He's still good for a few bad flags or whiffed blocks every game. There was one run where he basically let Crosby walk right past him into the backfield, that's a rookie whoopsie, not a 16M right tackle whoopsie.
(11-08-2022, 12:30 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2022, 08:38 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: [ -> ]OL run blocks quite well, but the LT, LG and Center are all giving up too much pressure too quickly.

They are ranked 28th. 

Shatley - 56.3

I noticed they didn’t post a source for their assertions

On the other hand ESPN says we're one of the better pass rush teams...
(11-08-2022, 02:32 PM)CanDoBetter Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2022, 12:30 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: [ -> ]I noticed they didn’t post a source for their assertions

On the other hand ESPN says we're one of the better pass rush teams...

And says we're 27th in run blocking.  It doesn't match the eye test.  I think we are better than that.  The oline is far from great but I think we have gotten much better as the season has went on
(11-08-2022, 12:33 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2022, 12:57 AM)OG-JAGFAN Wrote: [ -> ]The offensive line is doing a fantastic Job.  Lawrence has had a clean Jersey most games.  Through 9 games the line has only given up 12 sacks all year. Robinson at times has also looked worth every cent at times.
The OLine looks better than they are because of Trevor.

And Etienne.

In stations where the Jaguars need to run the ball the offensive line gets blown back and in situations where the Jaguars need to pass the line doesn't keep pressure off Trevor very well.

One of the reasons we try so few very deep passes is because the line can't keep pressure blocked for long enough for anyone to get deep.
When is Bartch back? Is he coming back this year? He looked better than Shatley to me.

Oline seems to get dominated on short yardage plays. Been an issue for years.
Just look at the play late in the 4th where Trevor almost gets sacked for a safety. That is a example of Trevor making the line look good. The guard or center blew that block on one of the biggest plays of the game.
They are also getting much better coaching this year.
(11-08-2022, 08:11 PM)surfon Wrote: [ -> ]When is Bartch back?  Is he coming back this year?  He looked better than Shatley to me.

Oline seems to get dominated on short yardage plays.  Been an issue for years.

google is your friend.
I still think we should draft a LG on day one if there is a stout one available. Protecting Trevor and giving him time is one of my top priorities this offseason. Along with finding more depth at DB.

I don't know how anyone that has watched the games coulld believe this.  Lawrence has been running for his life back there.  The Jags are getting beat on both sides of the line.  Fortner is a huge weakness, although that is to be expected given he's in his rookie season.  Shatley is a decent backup but not full-time starter.  Cam Robinson is way overpaid and is average at best.  

O-line has got to be top priority next offseason.
(11-12-2022, 11:46 AM)navyjagfan Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't know how anyone that has watched the games coulld believe this.  Lawrence has been running for his life back there.  The Jags are getting beat on both sides of the line.  Fortner is a huge weakness, although that is to be expected given he's in his rookie season.  Shatley is a decent backup but not full-time starter.  Cam Robinson is way overpaid and is average at best.  

O-line has got to be top priority next offseason.

Thank you.

Was beginning to worry I was the only one seeing this. 

I really believe that if we were to see an OL give Trevor 2.0 - 2.7 seconds instead of 1.5-2.2 seconds - the passing game would light up big time.
You aren't the only one.
(11-12-2022, 09:38 AM)Jagsman Wrote: [ -> ]I still think we should draft a LG on day one if there is a stout one available. Protecting Trevor and giving him time is one of my top priorities this offseason. Along with finding more depth at DB.

I'd love to get an elite LG opposite of Scherff.  I've been keeping an eye on Skoronski throughout the season.  If he continues to dominate and shines at the combine I think we have to take a serious look at him.  Could likely play LG or either tackle spot.
Pages: 1 2 3